• ARCHIVES 
  • » Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, j

Pages: 1

Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, j

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, j

Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, just point your post to all moderators. [b]No flaming here! We have to help ourselves[/b] --- My tips and reminders: [i]Flames[/i] > If you see someone is trying to start a flame to somebody or to you, dont even think about arguing that person, just discuss this to any moderators or post it in a appropiate discussion topic here in backstage. > If that person wont stop to flame a member or to you, immediately ban that person. Remember to include a valid reason so that person would know what are his/her mistakes. > To avoid flaming, be like a professional moderator. Remind them about the forum rules. You are assigned to be a moderator, for this, the members could and should respect you. [i]Spams[/i] > If you see someone is spamming [i](less than 3 word post/sticy caps/all caps/non-english posts in non-regional sections)[/i], delete his/her post immediately. > If they spam the whole page of the section [i](or more)[/i] with almost same posts in all those topics, give them notice saying that they are curse for several days. Include the reasons. > If he/she still spams after you give your notice to him/her to stop spamming, curse that person (first offense) or ban that person(second offense or more).

Last edited by eehjhay (2007-09-09 20:02:51)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, j

^ Good tips eehjhay, that helps a lot. [i]Also..[/i] If a thread-starter created a topic that breaks the rule, As moderator of that section, we should close the topic and post the reason. That way, the creator and other members [u]can read[/u] why that certain topic was closed. [i]Note that closing is different from deleting.[/i] After a couple of days or so we can [b]delete[/b] the topic. Unless the thread starter posted some content that needs to be deleted right away. [i]Like graphic images, offensive content and such.[/i]

Last edited by Padme (2007-09-10 06:14:11)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, j

Yeah. That's right. But dont use the delete link if the topic can be use again. Some members may complain why their topics are gone, we need to give some backup. For this, we can move topics in Recycle Bin. But dont bother to move spam topics in recycle bin. Those topics can not be recycle. They are biodegradable. Hahaha...

Last edited by eehjhay (2007-09-10 11:54:39)

xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

moderators who will close a topic must give a reason why the topic was closed.. coz lots of members are complaining bout this already.. anyway, an example is what im doing in the help section.. i put.. [b]PROBLEM SOLVED.[/b] :arrow: [b]CASE CLOSED.[/b] :thumbsup: just a suggestion.. =)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Yes, we all know that we are not perfect. But we are trying to be like that for our forum and its members' sake. Share any tips and reminders to all moderators. You dont have to say his/her name, j

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 01:13

[ 10 queries - 0.008 second ]
Privacy Policy