• ARCHIVES 
  • » i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would sugge

Pages: 1

i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would sugge

▼WOLViNCE▼
» FTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would sugge

i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would suggest how about putting very important topic sticked in every sub-topic so that newbies would see them first before the content below? i'v seen those kinds in some forum where i was a member and it seems very effective for if your a first visitor of the said sub-topic the sticked topic like important notices (ex. rules and regulations) is noticeable. like in the other forum i'm a member with has this flash movie. take time to watch and hope it will give you like it. [url]http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html[/url]
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would sugge

The reason why we had a lot of duplicate topics is because thread makers doesn't read much if that certain subject/topic was already posted! And also it is understandable that most members here doesn't understand such thing because see stuff are very complex and need to organize if possible! They don't even read rules or simple they cannot understand those one!
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would sugge

Actually, that's the mods job --to remove duplicate/similar threads. And we do stick some rules on every section. And we have a rule specifically on that issue (similar threads). The only hindrance is, people are too LAZY to read. And there comes the next job of the mods, to ban or curse those who do not follow.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

There's a difference between Similar and Duplicate. Similar can be close in ideas but, they can be different in ideas and methods making them different. Example: [quote]http://theftalk.com/t6878-Theme-Switcher-Version.html http://theftalk.com/t6997-Theme-Switcher-%5BShort-Code%5D.html http://theftalk.com/t6797-Theme-Switcher.html[/quote] This Billy are Theme-Switcher topics. Billy: They are all theme Switcher topics, they are all the same! why don't you guys put it in the recycle bin or lock the topic, ? Why post the same topics?, Mysterious Voice: Wanna know what makes them different? The idea's are different! Some users may be familiar with [b]thread one[/b] because it may be easier to understand for them, others may feel at ease at thread two or three because it's easier for them to comprehend. Billy: Then why are the other still post similar topics? Mysterious Voice: Ahh it's easy! because they didn't read the Sticky Topic and The Rules. Example Rule In Tricks and Tutorials: :arrow: http://theftalk.com/t3652-Rules-Tricks-Tutorials-Revised%3A-Read-This-Before-Posting..html Rule 7 [quote]7) Do not post codes that are already been given. If you have an alternative code for that, reply in the same thread with your other code then the moderator or the thread starter will be the one to include the alternate code in the first post.[/quote] Billy: Well you guys said it your self [b]"Similar can be close in ideas but, they can be different in ideas and methods making them different" [/b]yet the rules say [b]"Do not post codes that are already been given. If you have an alternative code for that, reply in the same thread with your other code then the moderator or the thread starter will be the one to include the alternate code in the first post."[/b] which shall I follow? Mysterious Voice: An easy question, imagine 3 long term idea's are in a similar topic. I assure you 98% of the readers will get the idea of the topic and will get confused because there will be no flow in the terms of ideas. That's why there are[b] "Moderators"[/b] and the [b]"Administrator"[/b]. If somebody posted a topic Similar of Duplicate, We will have to decide if. 1) Does this contribute to the forum in anyways? Educationally or Factorial/Applicable in Real life? 2) Is the method completely different from the original topic in terms of applying the codes or the thoughts, and is it worth trying and less challenging or easy to understand? 3) Will this help the forum community grow?

Last edited by Ephemeral (2007-09-12 08:45:39)

xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

just click the report button :thumbsup: that's it.. its our job to do that.. =)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I had bad experience about that report botton! Just forget it :rolleyes:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » i'm just new here and as i browse around i've seen posted topic who has different title but almost the same content and some don't bother to read the rules before they post. in this regard would sugge

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 18:51

[ 10 queries - 0.014 second ]
Privacy Policy