• ARCHIVES 
  • » There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the for

Pages: 1

There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the for

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the for

There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the forum. The member should be given the right to delete his/her own account and completely erase any info about him/her (especially email address) that is saved in the forum. Just as he/she was given the right to create his/her own account as soon as he/she agreed with the rules, the person should also be given the right to erase his/her own account whenever he/she wants to. I think this is very important. I went to the user's control panel (cp) and saw no option available for that. I hope admin will make that option available. I think that option is available under punbb v.1.2.15

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-29 10:46:25)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the for

lol. i cant agree with that. let admin do the annihilations hahaha
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the for

lol it was not meant for mods. so whether you mods agree or not, you can't do anything about it. it was meant for admin. the option to close one's own account as i was suggesting requires access to the bulletin board system config. and admin doesnt need to annihilate. :) why do some of you mods intimidate and scare off members? the word annihilate is so negative. lol

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-29 11:36:48)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Well, that is a good suggestion. Just like in other sites where you can just delete your own account. However, in most forums they disable that feature. Still its up to admin if he wants to add that feature to his forum. But hearing everyone's say on it first would be helpful. Here's a discussion I was reading on another site. It might give us some ideas on the pros and cons of it [url=http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154246][b]-click here[/b][/url]
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

ahmn.... [b]dis is what i want[/b]... an option... once, i kept on looking for dat delete accnt thingy, coz i want to quit ftlaked.. but failed to see it... (anwyz.. im fine now... im back to ftalk...) i even bumped at a post in friendster help stating: [b]mods, please delete my account..[/b] [b]@padme[/b].. ive read d link... =) ader members will reli abuse it... delete and create new accnts... espexially dos hackers and spammers.. but i still want to put dat option.. :cry:
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

i'm not agreeing this. :|
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

i agree with this when i was a newbie im not enjoying i thought i can delete my account but i cant.now its a good suggestion for not enjoying in ftalk but now im totally enjoying!
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Thanks @padme. That link is sort of informative on some of the pros and cons, but the bottomline really there is: privacy. That is why prestigious and credible websites like Google, Yahoo, Ebay, etc. do really have an option for their users to close their own account whenever they want to. The philosophy is still the same whether this involves an acount on a forum like this, an email provider, an auction website, and/or etc.
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: a member has an option to remove/change his/her infos in the User CP, that's what a certain member can do for now.
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

At gay.com (the internet's largest LGBT social networking website where I am a member of) members have an added option to provide feedback to the website why they are closing their account. I think this is also one of the good reasons why that option (aside from the option to close one's own account) should be [made] available for registered members. Providing feedbacks by leaving members should help the website (or forum) in making decisions on how to improve more and prevent members from leaving. In social communication, feedback is very important. :thumbsup:

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-30 11:42:36)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Why bother delete your own account if you can change your infos? Deleting an account can be abusive. For example, a hack can post to public someone's private information and then after few hours or a day, he/she will delete his/her account. or similar to a layout ripper or for a spammer, they can spam all they want, post abusive msgs in the forum, stress us all moderators. they can delete their account without leaving some enough evidence who is that. why bother, right? if a member really want their privacy, they can use fake informations. no one can force them not to. it is all people's freedom.
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Id like to think or dwell more on the positives (the advantages) of having that option than the negatives (the cons). =)
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

well u have to think both. u cant do something without knowing what's the negative effect
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Oh yes you are right. Without knowing what black is, you would never be able to distinguish the difference between black and white and make wise decisions. But just because I would like to dwell more on the positive side doesn't mean I do not know the other [negative] side. The philosophy behind that is this: Positive Thinking. :-P

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-30 23:00:59)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

but are u sure you think the same way as the others? if you will stay more and observe people nowadays, abusive methods are easy for them to do. i will let you advertise that phrase to all members of FriendsterTalk, "Positive Thinking" so we can be relax if this feature will be implemented.

Last edited by eehjhay (2007-09-30 23:09:39)

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

lol i never said that i think the same way as others. so why ask that question? lol. can't read between the lines, eh? :eh: the abuse, really, isn't susceptible in closing one's own account. it is in the creation of multiple accounts, actually. you can close a thousand of your own accounts, no big deal... all infos, all posts that you posted, everything.... will be automatically deleted in the system (forum)... so boom! nothing to worry about. Worry about members who abuse the creation of multple accounts (I heard some mods violate this rule). I do not understand what you are trying to say here: [quote]i will let you advertise that phrase to all members of FriendsterTalk, "Positive Thinking" so we can be relax if this feature will be implemented.[/quote] Putting all those grammatical blunders (again lol) aside... So it's you who decide what I should or should not write? Did you ever think of controlling my mind? lol
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Kuya you must make this as poll and see how many will favor in yes or no [img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4710/11214824kp1.gif[/img]
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

A poll is a good idea. :thumbsup: But this is a mere suggestion. If admin will implement it or not, it will be his wise decision that will follow. When we suggest, we give our own insights weighing the pros against the cons and vice-versa. A good suggestion is not for the purpose of trying to influence, but to present an idea for the benefit of everybody and the entire website/forum. I have given my suggestion and insights. I hefta move on. :penguin:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=frolickfriendster]If admin will implement it or not, it will be his wise decision that will follow.[/quote] Wise decision emmm?! This is really big responsibility for sir admin.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » There are times when a member does not enjoy anymore, is not happy with a certain feature, is a victim of some mod's wrath, wants to transfer to a different forum, etc. ...and wants to leave the for

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 12:01

[ 10 queries - 0.025 second ]
Privacy Policy