• ARCHIVES 
  • » recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the

Pages: 1

recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the

ezaitot
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the

recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the slot .. sorry.. dont kn0w what it's called :wasted: [b] this is he soundcard.. that part is way smaller than the slot on the mobo as shown on the second image[/b] [img]http://i21.tinypic.com/21e3zbo.png[/img] [img]http://i20.tinypic.com/119uhcj.png[/img] ive tried forcibly inserting it into the slot but it wouldnt work.. or it wouldnt be detected by the computer.. btw, there's n0 onboard sound card so i dont think its the issue here.. pls help.. dont kn0w these kinds of things :crybaby: im thinking of just swapping it sa tipidpc with the right soundcard but i dont kn0w how id tell them na im looking for this and that.. i dont kn0w how to classify sound cards based on the size of the part as shown on the first image.. please help.. what should i do..

Last edited by ezaitot (2007-10-12 02:30:36)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the

Smaller, then don't force it anymore. That could damage your mobo, and the soundcard. Your soundcard has a model name and ID. You should be able to see it, on the box or on the soundcard itself. If you're not sure, go back to the store and ask.
▼WOLViNCE▼
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the

i had an experience like this before which i thought it won't fit but as i keenly check, i found out that its that chassis and mobo had a little conflict like the distance between the mobo and the back panel in which you are screwing your PCI cards. try to take you mobo out of your casing and gently insert your PCI card. in this way you can really make sure that it really doesn't fit. If it really don't fit i'm sure the problem is in your PCI card specially if it came from a not so popular brand. btw as you said u forcibly insert the audio card but the system didn't detect it, may i ask, your system did run normally? If it did, i think you have a problem on that slot because inserting card that don't match your mobo will cause a POST problem and your system will not boot. also maybe sound card you bought is an old PCI who uses 5 volts that's why it won't fit because lates PCI slot only supplies 3.3 volts. if you wonder why those volts causes your card and slot not to match? because the notches prevent you from plugging in an incompatible expansion card and causing any damage. The most common PCI cards are expansion cards whose edge connectors have a notch at pin positions 50 and 51, which allows them to be plugged into 5V slots. The 3.3V expansion cards have a notch at pin positions 12 and 13 (about half an inch from the end of the edge connector nearest the backplate). Try to check both your card and slot if they are really match in pin position or not. we can help you more on your problem if you tell us here this things. motherboard model/brand: audio card model/brand: operating system: with this we can trace if what causes the problem and if you plan to change it to compatible one, try to look for the manual of your motherboard if what cards is compatible with it.

Last edited by ▼WOLViNCE▼ (2007-10-12 10:11:09)

dynamicfriendsterwebmastr
» FTalker
1969-12-31

All motherboard devices must not be forced. Because the pins of the hardware is exactly proportional to the motherboard slots. One be broken all systems affected. Be careful... next time
unicaijah
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=dynamicfriendsterwebmastr]All motherboard devices must not be forced.[/quote] [b] i agree with dynamic :] , because some of the parts in the motherboard are sensitive [/b]
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » recently bought a soundcard for my mom's pc.. it's a pci 32 bit sound card.. the available remaining pci slots on the motherboard are larger than the part of the soundcard that we would push in to the

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:10

[ 11 queries - 0.012 second ]
Privacy Policy