• ARCHIVES 
  • » [align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extrac

Pages: 1

[align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extrac

allvinn
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extrac

[align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extracting & self - installation wizard, IExpress 2.0. I know some of you knows this already, but this built - in application is seldom used by most of us. :D :exclaim: [b]No DOWNLOADS NEEDED, VERY SIMPLE STEPS[/b], especially if you don't have WinZip or WinRar and you want to send / upload a bundled file. :thumbsup: [img]http://allvinn.fileave.com/iexpress.JPG[/img] Here are the steps: 1. Open Run ( Start ► Run ), then type [i][b]iexpress[/b][/i], and hit Enter. 2. The IExpress 2.0 Wizard will open. 3. Select "Create new Self Extraction Directive file.", then click Next. [img]http://allvinn.fileave.com/iexpress.JPG[/img] 4. Choose from the three options presented. Select "Extract files and run an installation command" if you want to extract and install your files and applications. Select "Extract files only" if you want extraction process only. In my case, I had chosen "Extract files only". Click Next. An example wherein "Extract files only" is applicable: [img]http://allvinn.fileave.com/iexpressfiles.JPG[/img] 5. Enter the package title. This will be the title of your .exe file on the end. Example, I will name it as "Documents 10/28/07", then click Next. 6. On the next step, the Confirmation Prompt, this is the message, the user will receive, upon opening the .exe file. Example, i will say "These file contains important documents for October 28", then press Next. 7. On the next step, the License Agreement, is a license agreement that will be displayed before the your .exe file will be installed. Choose "Display a license" if you want to have one by browsing your ready-made .txt file, otherwise, choose "Do not display a license" if you don't want to. Proceed to the next step. 8. On this step, you will add all your files you want to put into the package. Click Add and select your files to be added. If you're finished, click Next. Here is my files, added into the package: [img]http://allvinn.fileave.com/iexpresspackagedfiles.JPG[/img] 9. The Show Window step selects how your installation window will look like. It may be hidden, minimized, maximized or default. Proceed to the next step. 10. If you want to display a message to the user after the installation is complete, choose "isplay message:" and type the message you want, eample "Installation Complete". Otherwise, choose "No message" then click next. 11. On the next step, enter the destination and name of your .exe file. Click Browse then type the file name. In my case, I will save it on my Desktop and name it as Important Documents. On the options, select "Store files using Long File Name inside Package", otherwise, choose "Hide Extracting Progrees Animation from User" if you don't want to have that extracting progress animation to be displayed during extracton/installation. If you're done, click Next. 12. On the Save Self Extraction Directive, select "Save Self Extractive Directive [SED] file:" to save a .sed file of it. Select "Don't save" if you don't want to. In my case, i had chosen "Don't save". 13. Create Package step > You are now ready to create your package. Click Next to start the process. It will take time depending on the amount and size of files you had just added. 14. A command prompt will appear. and click Finish. [img]http://allvinn.fileave.com/iexpressfinish.JPG[/img] Now your done! Here's mine: [img]http://allvinn.fileave.com/iexpressexeicon.JPG[/img] Open it, then choose the destination where the files would be extracted or installed.then press OK![/align] :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by allvinn (2007-10-28 01:14:06)

kcired14
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: [align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extrac

:D nice post...! :thumbsup:
dynamicfriendsterwebmastr
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: [align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extrac

i use visual basic redistributable file. much better that this post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by dynamicfriendsterwebmastr (2008-01-19 00:43:53)

jen_hare_07
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

well.. nice post.. im using it already better than winrar and winzip :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
networkmancer
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Nice Post. :D:thumbsup:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [align=justify]On this simple tutorial, I will share to you how to create your very own self-executable file (.exe) / self-extracting file using [b]Windows XP[/b]'s built - in and hidden self - extrac

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 10:57

[ 11 queries - 0.011 second ]
Privacy Policy