• ARCHIVES 
  • » Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted.

Pages: 1

Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted.

kabuteman
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted.

Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted. A lot of stuff here... it's free to download at http://www.knoppix.net/get.php here are the instructions: 1. download knoppix -- its 100% free 2. it will come in .iso format -- burn it in your nero or dvd burning software .. of course you need a dvd burner drive too. 3. Put the newly burnt dvd onto your dvd drive ... reboot PC .. voila! knoppix linux should load automatically. NOTE: you do not need to "install" knoppix , and its not a windows application. enjoy!
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted.

Wow.. good thing I browsed the old threads and saw this. I gotta do some reading, I've always wanted to try a LINUX OS. I wish I have another computer, then I'll use LINUX on that one.. :P
bramzero
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted.

tried it some months ago. it has a nice user interface. :)
kabuteman
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=Padme]Wow.. good thing I browsed the old threads and saw this. I gotta do some reading, I've always wanted to try a LINUX OS. I wish I have another computer, then I'll use LINUX on that one.. :P[/quote] Hi Padme, The nice thing about Knoppix is that its very handy .. since its DVD based, you can pop it in on the DVD drive on any computer that has a DVD drive. Oh btw, I think they have also a lightweight version which you can burn on CD. It will automatically identify your hardware .. it will not touch your existing windows OS It'll even recognize your audio and video hardware. Knoppix is an excellent way to start "knowing" Linux.
tikboyoyoy
» FTalker
1969-12-31

u can also use dual booting (two OS in one pc) but it could ate some of ur hdd space... jaz askin wat version of linux is this knoppix using ?? ryt now im using both linux slackware and XP.. :wallbash:
kabuteman
» n00b
1969-12-31

Knoppix uses Linux-Kernel 2.4.x and 2.6.x .. There's bunch more details @ [url]http://www.knoppix.net/about.php[/url]
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Ooh.. great info Kabuteman! :P I'll install this, hopefully I can find the software first. I'm really interested to check this one out.
kabuteman
» n00b
1969-12-31

Knoppix is great for starters .. so many things are automatically built in .. But Knoppix cannot be used to host Website servers .. For such cases, Linux variants such as CentOS , Redhat , Slackware etc.. would suit best. Linux systems are amazingly stable , no reboots for at least a year , no blue screens , tons of freeware =) The setup and configuration though takes some patience =| , but well worth the effort.
dynamicfriendsterwebmastr
» FTalker
1969-12-31

no thanks, better and satisfied in linux.

Last edited by dynamicfriendsterwebmastr (2008-01-19 00:01:22)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » Wanted to share this to everyone.... Knoppix is a DVD based linux OS . If you are a real geek, you need to get ahold of this one! I have used this also for reformatting hard drives through QParted.

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:49

[ 12 queries - 0.016 second ]
Privacy Policy