• ARCHIVES 
  • » my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she sai

Pages: 1

my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she sai

LeiLa
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she sai

my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she said it should be the same to what im using now....wahhhh...sori im really so slow bout computers :cry: :( .....tenxz in advance..... :)
▼WOLViNCE▼
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she sai

a desktop pc ram (memory) looks like this below: this is SD-RAM [img]http://www.technibble.com/articlecontent/types-of-ram/SD-RAM.gif[/img] this is DDR RAM [img]http://www.technibble.com/articlecontent/types-of-ram/DDR-RAM.gif[/img] this is RAMBUS ram [img]http://www.technibble.com/articlecontent/types-of-ram/RD-RAM.gif[/img] visually, you can easily identify what type of RAM your motherboard can support thru the notches (the slot or space you can find along the gold plated part). each one of them have different clockrate. commonly, if you don't have the manual of your motherboard its hard to identify if what ram your motherboard supports tha ram that came along when you bought your PC hav stickers on them and you can find there is indicated the clockrate like for example PC133 which has a clock rate of 1330Mhz. others have PC400 and so on.... if this helps, a thank you is appreciated... :eh:
LeiLa
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she sai

tenxz so much....that helps me a lot.... :) :thumbsup:
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=LeiLa]my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she said it should be the same to what im using now....wahhhh...sori im really so slow bout computers :cry: :( .....tenxz in advance..... :)[/quote] As someone who had a past life of upgrading pc's professionally I suggest you check the computers users manual or go online and check the specifications for your computer. Before buying additonal memory you need to make sure first how much memory ur computer will allow and those references will also tell you which type and speed rating you should purchase. An example of how stupid even old users like me can be I purchased 2 gigs of memory for my computer without reading the manual from dell, of course when I installed it my computer would only recongize 1 gig max, so I wasted $128.00 on a stick of memory I could not use, not sure about where you live but here the store has a no return policy on memory.

Last edited by bobcbar (2007-12-12 21:30:39)

LeiLa
» n00b
1969-12-31

so i should be really careful...tenxz so much guyz...really appreciate ur help.... :) :thumbsup:

Last edited by LeiLa (2007-12-13 17:57:49)

cfreng2
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

topic solved :thumbsup:
jen_hare_07
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@ wolvince have you heard the ddr2? What its like?
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

my system memory is to low for me i upgrade this thing to boos it? correct me if im wrong im not good at computers :o
jen_hare_07
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ yeah what is your current speed memory?
Kamandag
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=jen_hare_07]have you heard the ddr2? What its like?[/quote] physically, it looks like DDR. the key difference between DDR and DDR2 is that in DDR2 the bus is clocked at twice the speed of the memory cells, so four bits of data can be transferred per memory cell cycle. Thus, without speeding up the memory cells themselves, DDR2 can effectively operate at twice the bus speed of DDR.
dim4z
» n00b
1969-12-31

actually you could tweak your RAM with this way : 1. open notepad and copy code below and paste it into notepad. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "AlwaysUnloadDLL"=dword:00000001 2. save it as YOUR FILENAME.reg (using .reg extension). 3. after that double clicking on it and it wil store the information to the windows regedit. it has function to unload unecessary .dll file (dynamic link library) from memory which some of running program using it the other method is : This command will force the OS to process all idle tasks. If your PC is never idle these tasks will never run. One of the tasks that Windows XP performs during idle times is the optimization of the files needed to start the OS. These files will be re-arranged on the disk and match the exact order they are loaded during startup. This list is in C:\Windows\Prefetch\Layout.ini To get more XP Speed Performance with the eye candy, follow the next steps: Click Start -> Run Type: rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks. Note: After all step, 3 idle tasks will operate in the background. Heavy disk access is likely. This process could continue for a few minutes.
dim4z
» n00b
1969-12-31

oh yeach am forgot one thing..... i guess this still the best method am used till now. For Users with 256 MB RAM or more this tweak will boost their Windows- and Game-Performance. What it does: It tells Windows not to use any Swap File until there is really no more free RAM left. To enable this option, follow the next steps: Click Start -> Run and type msconfig to open the System Configuration Utility. There in your System.ini you have to add "ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1" under the 386enh section, but without quote marks The modifications you made will be in effect after you reboot your PC.
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=jen_hare_07]^ yeah what is your current speed memory?[/quote] [b]512 MB [/b]sooo low =( i tried viewing my system results. =) here: :o [spoiler]www.crucial.com[/spoiler] i found 2 DDR PC2-5200 <---is this means that ill updgrade to DDR RAM type? correct me if im wrong coz im still a noob haha :lol:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » my pc has a 512 ram...but it seems quite slow this past few days....one friend tell me to buy a memory to make it work again smoothly....how will i know what kind of memory i will gonna buy....she sai

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 00:13

[ 11 queries - 0.033 second ]
Privacy Policy