• ARCHIVES 
  • » [quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn

Pages: 1

[quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn

ak0cs3m
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn

[quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened! TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A "CON" FOLDER [b]No. 2[/b] For those of you using Windows, do the following: 1.) Open an empty notepad file 2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes) 3.) Save it as whatever you want. 4.) Close it, and re-open it. Noticed the weird bug? No one can explain! [i](i'm using vista and i see no bugs, dont know about the other OS)[/i] [b]No. 3[/b] Again this is something funny and can't be explained. At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened! It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself… 1.)Open Microsoft Word and type 2.)=rand (200, 99) 3.)And then press ENTER And see the magic…[/quote]

Last edited by ak0cs3m (2008-02-07 02:34:32)

`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

Re: [quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn

^ Hehe. Actually there's a similar thread about this already. It's located in the Chit-chat section. :p The only difference is #1. :lol: >> I tried doing the 1st one. Yeah, it won't show up. :lol:
Kamandag
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: [quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn

had been posted here: http://theftalk.com/t14077-Micro%24oft-Secrets...html about #1 It is in fact perfectly true that you cannot create a folder named "CON", nor can you rename an existing folder to "CON". However, there is no mystery surrounding this restriction whatsoever. The "team" at Microsoft, and a great many others besides, know perfectly well why you cannot name a folder "CON". "CON" and a number of other character strings are in fact reserved names that go back to the days of DOS and cannot be used to name folders or files. Other reserved names are: PRN AUX NUL LPT1 COM1 and many others If you try to name a folder using one of these reserved names, the name will automatically revert to the default, generally "New Folder". Moreover, if you try to use a reserved name to name a file such as a Notepad or Microsoft Word document you will generally receive an error message similar to the following: [img]http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/folder-con.jpg[/img] Depending on exactly how you save the file, you may instead receive a warning message advising that a file with that name already exists. However, even if you choose "Yes" to overwrite the existing file, you will still not be allowed* to save the file. While there is no mystery about this issue, it might have saved user confusion if Windows displayed an explanatory error message when attempting to create a folder with a reserved name as well. for more info [url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/74496/en-us]READ THIS[/url]
bryanezz
» FTalker
1969-12-31

ridiculous :wallbash:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [quote][b]No. 1[/b] An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 13:03

[ 12 queries - 0.017 second ]
Privacy Policy