• ARCHIVES 
  • » here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top

Pages: 1

here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top

maree12
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top

here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top[/b] Kennie and Kennevic Asuncion are among the world's best badminton teams. They were also the first Filipinos to qualify for the World Badminton Championships. Despite these achievements, the Asuncion duo has remained humble. Their achievements include bronze medal at the SEA Games in Vietnam, silver medal on the recent Bingo Bonanza Philippine Open Badminton Championships and gold medal(s) on 2006 Ballart Eureka International Badminton Championship in Australia and Babolat North Harbour International Badminton Championship in New Zealand. Nevertheless, their success had not changed the Asuncion siblings, "we're still the same, except that people recognize us now," says Kennie, the elder sister of Kennevic. The brother-sister tandem was a serious threat to the world champions in the last MVP Cup. "It was Asia versus Europe. Kennevic and I were the only Filipinos on the Asia Team. Nobody expected us to close in on the world champions by winning the first set," Kennie shares. Kennevic Asuncion "Many people think that Filipinos are far behind in badminton, I think otherwise. With dedication and love for the sport, winning a world tournament is never impossible," says Kennevic. Their winning forms were influenced by their dad Nelson, a former national badminton team coach. Despite their dad's involvement in, and passion for, the sport, there was no pressure to take up badminton as their sport. "I tried almost everything. I played volleyball and basketball. The other sports rejected me. Only badminton accepted me," Kennevic quips. His sister also tried wakeboarding and wall climbing. However, their busy training schedule has made it hard for her to get back to it. [i]credits to [url]http://www.universalrobina.com/2006/08/04/asuncions-smash-way-to-the-top/[/url][/i] [img]http://www.mypad.net/mvpcup2006/images/kennie_kennevic2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.universalrobina.com/images/2006-asuncions2.jpg[/img] kennie asuncion [img]http://www.universalrobina.com/images/2006-asuncions1.jpg[/img] kennevic asuncion [i]credits to universalrobina.com & mypad.net[/i]

Last edited by maree12 (2008-02-18 08:54:18)

gandalicious23
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top

They had an energy drink commercial. =)
nicey
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top

hhahaha they were the ones from rush... =) congrats to them..go philippines..
maree12
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

yeah they are the models in the commercial rush. . . thats when i first saw them.. and im proud of them. . .=)
aysbeaux
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]Wooo. I know these two but we're not close. i often see them practice in ultra when am training. :p CONGRATS to them.[/b]
pinkblack08
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

wow,they make our country proud of em.. they rock,unlike Janina San Miguel.lol..kidding.. congrats to them..
cutiegal
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow..they're amazing...but i notice, they're not aired in the television that much..
jessie ian
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

kennevic asuncion: no. 58 in the IBF (international badminton federation) (mens singles)
blueboimark011
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

i idolize the siblings in badminton. i think they're the best in the philippines.
chipster489
» FTalkWorm
1969-12-31

[quote=gandalicious23]They had an energy drink commercial. =)[/quote] [b]Yup, i saw dat as wel, d siblings r good. :thumbsup: [/b]
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » here are my idols when it comes to badminton. i just watched them once at a competition wherein it is asia versus europe. they are great really. for me. :thumbsup: [b]Asuncions Smash Way to the Top

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 02:38

[ 11 queries - 0.046 second ]
Privacy Policy