• ARCHIVES 
  • » The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching,

Pages: 12

The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching,

dracoknight09
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching,

The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching, image composition, and image construction. It is fast and requires very little disk space and still produces great images; but you must learn it first. :cool: Download it here: [url]http://filehippo.com/download/3261d0517d6c1cdb1f2c0701cdaa9043/download/[/url] this is my first thread on this section. i hope this ones ok. :P ok. lets start off with a basic image. :arrow: open gimp and paste the image in an transparent background [img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff222/bigassdada/bulb.gif[/img] :arrow: then cut it and paste it in a much larger base image with a transparent background [img]http://h1.ripway.com/dracoknight09/tutorialglow/1.png[/img] :arrow: next go to filters>light and shadow>supernova use the adjustments to your preferred color, position and style. [img]http://h1.ripway.com/dracoknight09/tutorialglow/2.png[/img] :arrow: lastly use the air brush / 'a' key to spray the edges in a circular pattern depending on the color of the background. [b]note:[/b] using eraser instead of the air brush wont have a better effect. :retard: [img]http://h1.ripway.com/dracoknight09/tutorialglow/3.png[/img] and there you have it. a glowing image png format is used coz it has opacity feature. try the image inside a DIV box in your profile and see that its translucent. :eh: hehe.. i hope i did this right. :wallbash: [b]Idea for Application:[/b] you can use this tag for and image to add opacity effect to make it more blendy to the background and make it much cooler. :cool: :thumbsup: PREVIEW HERE: [url]http://profiles.friendster.com/48500265[/url] :evil:

Last edited by dracoknight09 (2008-02-21 23:34:40)

050994ladywizardjam
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching,

thanks for that !
ewenessgALLore
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching,

[align=center][color=dodgerblue] thanks for sharing bro! [/color][/align]
03_khine_03
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow nice tutorial, but i tot it was animated... hehe :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
dracoknight09
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

the effect works great in a dark background. =)
bratinela01
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

i gotta try this !! *i have gimp* i hope many tuts to come...mostly how to animate in gimp *i dont know how* :wasted:
dracoknight09
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

^pm me.. hehe.. ill teach you. :D :thumbsup:

Last edited by dracoknight09 (2008-02-22 11:21:17)

bratinela01
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

how can i pm you...i cant see the PM button below your avatar........
cudly_girl_003
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Nice.. Thx for sharing this one.. ;]
03wHiTeDeViL03
» n00b
1969-12-31

nice tut.. haha
philixre
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Nice tutorial! Thanks foe sharing!
linettedannah24
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[u][b]thanks for posting this! it is such a great help for those graphic makers! *clap clap*[/b][/u]
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

thanks for sharing this tut
ahszaroo
» n00b
1969-12-31

i'm requesting some new and cute siggies can you accept my request?
jam_11
» FTalker
1969-12-31

tnx 4 sharing...
cutiegal
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

nice one...:D..thanks for sharing that cool tutorial..
mikai14
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

tnx foe sharin'
iShi
» n00b
1969-12-31

Tnx 4 sharin. :D
trustmeilie
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[i]yeah i know this. i use gimp.thanks for shraing! :paranoid:[/i]
chocobubbles
» n00b
1969-12-31

wow thnx 4 sharing it... lab it....:kiss:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » The GIMP is a multiplatform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching,

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 09:11

[ 10 queries - 0.056 second ]
Privacy Policy