• ARCHIVES 
  • » How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 au

Pages: 1

How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 au

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 au

How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 author's name we enter in the search form return in the results? :cool: I believe that it would increase the reliability of our search form :D :thumbsup:
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 au

yeah.. coz evn if he's not d author, topics dat he replied are also returned... im not sure with it doh.. :wallbash::wallbash: nice sugestion shak... :thumbsup: d search form must b upgraded.. lolz.. to increase relevance of the hits... and i also want to add search[b] AT ALL SECTIONS[/b].. coz sumtyms im not sure if its on the chitchat, B and G corner, of ftalk phil.. or maybe in the recycle bin...
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 au

^hmm, that would be nice too, but I have a feeling that that may or may not slow down some forum queries, but I don't know. It's a nice suggestion :ninja: =| I don't need this to be working right away, but I do sometimes wish it had worked for me in the past (to lessen the effort of searching) and I'll probably want it to work if a day comes when I need to find a post made by a specific person :cool: :thumbsup:

Last edited by shakiro214 (2008-03-11 13:19:01)

regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

yup i find our search bar a bit frustrating to use.. sometimes it gives the wrong results.. i dont know.. maybe its just me.. :D
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

The posts of other authors will also appear because the author you are searching for replied to that certain topic. You could always use the T_T directory (by author) made by eehjhay. Its easier. :eh:

Last edited by ducheszv (2008-03-11 22:30:01)

regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

yup im doing that already.. hehe.. its much easier.. :D
admin
» FTalkManiac

I've added a new option (checkbox - only topics started by this author) on the search page a few days ago. Please check it from your end. Thank you. :)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I noticed that recently sir admin. Thanks for the implementation. =) :thumbsup:
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]I've added a new option (checkbox - only topics started by this author) on the search page a few days ago. Please check it from your end. Thank you. :)[/quote] :O cool admin. =) thanks for always hearing our suggestion.
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

I guess this suggestion is already been accepted. We appreciate your response Admin. Thank you. This topic is now closed.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » How come when I search by author, several topics created by other authors are returned? I think it hasn't been working the way that was intended =| Can we have it so that only the topics of the 1 au

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 22:47

[ 10 queries - 0.013 second ]
Privacy Policy