• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look l

Pages: 1

[b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look l

cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look l

[b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look like the banner and body are overlapping..? and the sidebar seems longer...? :eh: juz lyk my [url=http://bbalonne.blogs.friendster.com/my_gallery/]blog[/url] or put slides in the banner like in [url=http://aprilkiz.fileave.com/samplelayout/samplepreview.html]here[/url]..? :eh: hehe.. fine.. I'll share now... :P :arrow:[b] Before doing this one[/b], be sure that your layout is already set for the div layers.. Dont know yet..? [url=http://theftalk.com/t25257-Overlapping-banner-body-tutorial-some-add-ons-%28updated%29.html]Proceed here[/url] [b]First, let us study using Div layers[/b]... If you already tried to use overlay profile, this one will be easier to learn... but if you dont have any background in html, hmnn.. juz try it... not that really hard... :arrow: [b]What is a div..?[/b] The <div> tag defines a division/section in a document that can be positioned anywer in your page using absolute positioning. It can contain images, links, text, and etc... :arrow: [b]Sample Div block[/b] [quote]<div [b]id[/b]=layer1 style="[b]position[/b]:absolute; [b]top[/b]:20px; [b]left[/b]:20px; [b]width[/b]:300px;[b] height[/b]:300px; [b]padding[/b]:5px; [b]border[/b]: #000000 2px solid; [b]background-color[/b]:#000000; [b]background-image[/b]:url(yourfilename.gif); [b]text-align[/b]:justify; [b]font-family[/b]:Century Gothic; [b]font-size[/b]:12px;[b]Font-color[/b]:#ffffff;"> [b]Content goes here [/b] </div>[/quote] [b]Now, let us define d variables...[/b] [spoiler][b]Id:[/b] This is a unique name for ur element; juz to organize ur layers if u have lots of it.. [b]Top:[/b] This gives the position of the div block from top of the page [b]Left:[/b] This gives the position of the div block from left of the page [b]Padding:[/b] This is the margin of ur element from the borders of ur div; very important in putting text in ur div elements.. U can even specify it like [b]padding-left:2px; padding-right:2px[/b].. and etc.. [b]Border:[/b] Specify the border for ur div tag.. change d color, size, and style [b]Background-color:[/b] Background color or ur div [b]Background-image:[/b]The background image of ur div.. [b]Width:[/b] Specifies the width of your div element [b]Height:[/b] Specifies the height of your div element [b]Font-family:[/b] The font style you want for ur text [b]Font-size:[/b] The font size you want for ur text [b]Font-color:[/b] The font size you want for ur text [b]Position:[/b] can be [b]absolute[/b] or [b]relative[/b].. dont be confused wid these two... u will use[b] absolute[/b] if u will position ur div elements on a specific point.. and use [b]relative[/b] if u will move a div element from its original position... [b]In friendster blogs...? Use absolute in putting div elements in the banner, and use relative if putting divs in the sidebar... k...?[i] dat was my mistake before[/i].. :wallbash:[/b] hope this image helps: [img]http://i25.tinypic.com/313m77o.png[/img][/spoiler] :arrow: [b]Making div elements scroll...? [/b] all u have to do is add [b]overflow:auto;[/b] in the styles.... for example: [quote]<div id="sayonara" style="position: absolute; width: 220px; height: 150px;left: 250px; top:50px; [b]overflow:auto;[/b]"> Ur Content </div>[/quote] Pretty clear...? hmn.. now, let's proceed to the next step.... :arrow: [b]Inserting div layers in banner[/b] [b]1.[/b] First, remove this code in ur css... [quote]/*remove banner */ #banner-inner { /*logo*/display:none;visibility:hidden;} .friendster-banner { /*logo*/display:none;} .friendster-banner-nav-wrapper { /*navigation*/display:none;} .friendster-banner-nav { /*navigation*/display:none;}[/quote] Can u see this code too..? *remove the [b]bold[/b] part* only the bold one.. [quote]/* -- Hide the Top Banner Texts (Blog Name and Catchphrase) -- */ #banner h1[b], #banner h2[/b] { display:none; }[/quote] [b]2.[/b] Next step: is juz simple paste ur div elements in the blog catchphrase/description... Hit save, then republish.... [quote][b]Note:[/b] Dont put unnecessary text on ur catchphrase if ur using this one.. coz it'll definitely appear.. juz add the stuffs u wanna show...[/quote] [b]Here's the sample div code[/b] on this [url=http://aprilkiz.fileave.com/samplelayout/samplepreview.html]sample layout[/url]... i ddnt use background images and margins.. all u have to do is add those variables.. =) [spoiler][quote]<div id="sayonara" style="position: absolute; width: 220px; height: 150px;left: 250px; top:50px; overflow:auto; text-align:justify; font-family:Century Gothic; "> <font color="#ffffff" size="1" > [b]The text content[/b] </div> <div id="slide" style="position:absolute; top: 63px; left:53px; height: 131px; width: 168px;"> [b]The slide content[/b] </div>[/quote] [/spoiler] Pretty easy huh...? :eh: Post ur questions now... =)

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2008-05-19 19:15:22)

kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look l

You're Really Expert In Blogs wow :o
lunareighn_sassy
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: [b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look l

sorry for double post...but..why is it that my default title was appearing!? can we at least do sumtin bout it?
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wat do u min default title....? title on ur titlebar...? title in ur blog...? i juz visited ur blog and i dunnow wat title u mean..
lunareighn_sassy
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

^i mean the title of my blog... it appears on my banner... my title is "behind every smile" and it appears on my banner..so for it not to be noticed..i made my title "." as in...dot only..so that it would camouflauge... i bet thats the effect when u erase the "banner h2" cuz when i put it back in my css...the title disappeared but my div element wont show up.. haha
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

hmn... let me think... how about in ur css, delete that comma after h1... btw, the title u mean is the blog nem u put in the blog title at the catchphrase...? [b]edited:[/b] i cnt undrstnd sisz... wat part..? ive tried to use ur css, and the blog nem doesnt appear... wanna take a look..? here.. [url]http://kisses_janapril.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/[/url]

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2008-04-01 13:04:43)

lunareighn_sassy
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

sis there oh! the "my blog" thing..its appearing in the banner..look at it again.hihi
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

:o [b]put a screenshot sisz[/b]... :o [b]are u using FF...?[/b] [b]edited:[/b] ive seen it in FF nah.. Ill juz edit this post I can see the error... [b]edited agen:[/b] ahmn.. i view it on FF now.. and then the blog title ddnt appear.. after i installed flash adobe plug-in...

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2008-04-01 14:33:17)

lunareighn_sassy
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

^sis.....its already okay.. just remove the comma ..haha..thanks anyways.!!!haha..... @off:sorry to insert sumoff...i just wanna know if people can have two blogs in one fster account...?
lonlytoes
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

it still wont work.. here is the code.. <">which part of my code should i place these?? <">

Last edited by lonlytoes (2008-04-27 11:00:25)

cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=lonlytoes]which part of my code should i place these??[/quote] [i]sisz.. for formality sake only.. :D[/i] :arrow: the first code is ur css... u can paste it to ur blog catchphrase dirctly or u myt wanna save it as external css which is recommnded.. :arrow: the 2nd code, u can paste it directly on ur blog cathphrse.. hit save.. then republish... :arrow: remember to erase the blod part of this coe found in ur css.. including the comma [quote]/* -- Hide the Top Banner Texts (Blog Name and Catchphrase) -- */ #banner h1[b], #banner h2 [/b]{ display:none; }[/quote]

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2008-05-20 00:37:38)

joebz
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Weee, I finally tried this already! Yay... At first I didn't understand a single thing, hahaha. Thanks for sharing this to us, ate april. XDDD~
Emotech
» n00b
1969-12-31

u really do love blogs.. do you? haha nice dude! keep it up!
div1kathrina
» n00b
1969-12-31

i cant find where my CSS is located? :crybaby:
div1kathrina
» n00b
1969-12-31

do i really have to be a promember of friendster blog to do these procedures?:rolleyes:
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

:o :o :o [quote=div1kathrina]do i really have to be a promember of friendster blog to do these procedures?[/quote] u dont have to.. all u have to do is read read read... read sticky topics and the directory.... i give three urls for u to look for the css thing.. [url]http://theftalk.com/t2556-Pimp-Your-Blog%21-%28A-Guide-about-Tweaking-The-Friendster-Blog-CSS-Codes%29.html[/url] [url]http://theftalk.com/t25257-Overlapping-banner-and-body-tutorial-and-some-CSS-%26-add-ons-%28updated%29.html[/url] [url]http://theftalk.com/t2401-CSS-Base-For-Friendster-Blogs..html[/url] btw dear.. plz remmber to read d rulez... double posting is also not allowed.. ;)
eilly
» n00b
1969-12-31

this is useful.. imma try this and make my own...
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]DONT POST WITH LESS THAN 3 WORDS IN MY THREAD![/b] :evil: [b]Mods..?[/b] Can u check if der's a mistake here.... Im reli not that good with it... :crybaby: :penguin: Ever wonder ader blogs look l

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:57

[ 12 queries - 0.017 second ]
Privacy Policy