• ARCHIVES 
  • » [color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new Sm

Pages: 12344

[color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new Sm

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new Sm

[color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new SmartBro subscriber (for the past month), since the SmartBro technicians will already do these hack for you =|.[/color] [quote=Smart BRO Plan 999]Smart Bro Wireless Broadband Internet is offered at Plan 999 with a speed of up to [b]384 kbps[/b]. With Smart Bro Plan 999 you get a broadband connection that’s up to 7x faster than dial-up, as well as other Value Added Services for your Smart BRO connection, changing the way you surf the net.[/quote] ^ Yeah that's what their advertisements say. But did you know that the default speed that is offered to us by Smart Bro is only limited to 256 kbps? Therefore we got about 128 kbps short of what we had expected from their service. Hmm.. so why not do something about it. Why dont we change the default speeds (download and upload) to up to [b]500 kbps[/b]! :o Yup, we can do that. Simply Amazing right? :eh: Heheh. So just read on to know how.. But before anything else.. [b]Disclaimer: [/b]The tutorial below was written by me FoRsAkEnKiD. Please take note that I am not forcing you to do what I am about to teach. I will not be held responsible for anything that might happen to the materials of the users involved during the process. Proceeding through the process of the tutorial means that you have acknowledged my disclaimer statement. [b]:arrow: PART 1: Preparations[/b] [color=red]WARNING[/color]: During the process, you will be disconnected from the internet, but of course you'll be able to get back. So I suggest you copy and paste this tutorial on notepad for a safer reference, just in case. Follow the steps: 1. Go to Control Panel, and then onto Network Connections. You should see your Local Area Connection. Right click on it and click Properties. 2. A new window pops-up, which says "Local Area Connection Properties". On the General tab, there should be a box which contains a list with checkboxes beside them. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see the [b]Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)[/b] item. Double click it. 3. Another window pops-out. It says "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties" and you should be on the General tab. There are two options there enabled by default: [b]Obtain an IP address automatically[/b] and [b]Obtain DNS server address automatically[/b]. Now read carefully for this one: - Click on [b]Use the following IP address [/b]option. Enter these data: - IP address: 10.20.30.40 - Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0 - Default gateway: leave it blank - Click on [b]Use the following DNS Server [/b]addresses: - Preferred DNS server: leave it blank - Alternate DNS server: leave it blank After you entered correctly all the data, press Ok. 4. You are back at the [b]Local Area Connection Properties [/b]window. Press Ok to apply the changes. Wait for a moment for the changes to take effect. By this time you will be disconnected from the internet. But dont worry, you'll be able to be back of course (Just refer [b]to PART 4 below [/b]to know how to get back to the internet). [b]:arrow: PART 2: The Canopy IP Address Quest[/b] Now you need to know your Canopy IP Address. There are two ways I know of: -> [u]Method 1 (The Safe Way):[/u] 1. Go to Start -> Run -> cmd.exe. On the command promt, type [b]arp -a[/b] (take note of the space after the word arp). The command prompt will display several IP addresses. Example: C:\Documents and Settings\giluk_no_jutsu>arp -a Interface: 10.20.30.40 --- 0x2 Internet Address Physical Address Type 10.0.0.1 0a-00-3e-f7-de-2d dynamic [b]10.247.222.45[/b] 0a-00-3e-f7-de-2d dynamic So my Canopy IP Address would be 10.247.222.45. [i]Note[/i]: For some reasons, some people have encountered problems regarding the above method. If that method fails and doesnt seem to work for you, please proceed to the next method... -> [u]Method 2 (The Not-So-Safe Way):[/u] [color=red]EDITED (June1,2007): The site for converting you ESN code into your Canopy IP Address has either been deleted or moved by its owner. So please use Method 1 instead. Thanks.[/color] This method is one of the most effective ways to get your Canopy IP address, but its a bit risky. 1. What you need to do is to climb up to your rooftop to reach your Smart Bro antenna (Yeah you need to climb up :D). On the back side of the antenna, you should see the antenna's [b]ESN code [/b](you should have a combination of 12 characters composed of numbers and alphabets). Copy the code. As for minors, please ask for adults to climb the roof for you :D. 2. Once you have taken note of you antenna's ESN code, go to this site: http://h1.ripway.com/cympaulife/esnconversion.html to convert your ESN code into a Canopy IP Address. The resulting IP address is your Canopy IP add so take note of it (better yet, i suggest you memorize it). You're done. There, now you have your Canopy IP Address. Hooray for you! :D Now let's get our hands real dirty as we go to the next part.. :cool: :eh: [b] :arrow: PART 3: Into the Forbidden Domain we Hack![/b] Note: Make sure you have done the set-up on Part 1 above before proceeding. 1. Open your web browser and enter your Canopy IP address on the address bar. You will be brought to the Canopy Homepage. 2. On the left side of the Canopy page, you should see a navigation box. Click [b]Configuration[/b]. 3. Click on the [b]Quality of Service (QoS)[/b] Tab. You should see your Bandwidth Settings. Take a look at your [b]Sustained Uplink Data Rate [/b]and [b]Sustained Downlink Data Rate[/b]. By default they should be both at 256. See? Those are your default download and upload limits. Kinda sucks right? 4. Alright, so listen well. Change both of the Uplink and Downlink values to [b]500[/b]. Actually you can set the values to any number you like as long as their total would be 1000 (eg: you can have your downlink: 600 and uplink: 400, or you can have downlink: 700 and uplink: 300). However, The recommended value for both uplink and downlink rates is both at 500. So I suggest you have the recommended value as well. Click the [b]Save Changes[/b] button. 5. The screen should say [b]Reboot Required[/b]. So press the [b]Reboot[/b] button. By this time, your Local Area Connection icon on your tray area (botton-right side of your desktop) should have an X mark on it. Just wait for a while until that X mark disappears. That's it. [b] :arrow: PART 4: Getting Back Online[/b] The last thing you need to do is to connect back to the internet. 1. So go back to Control Panel, and then onto Network Connections. You should see your Local Area Connection. Right click on it and click Properties. 2. A new window pops-up, which says "Local Area Connection Properties". On the General tab, there should be a box which contains a list with checkboxes beside them. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Double click it. 3. Another window pops-out. It says "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties" and you should be on the General tab. Now click on [b]Obtain IP address automatically[/b] and [b]Obtain DNS server automatically[/b]. Press Ok. 4. You're back at the Local Area Connection Properties window. Again Press Ok. Wait for a moment for the changes to take effect. 5. Open your web browser and try to test your speed at speedtest.com or testmy.net to confirm your new download and upload speeds. You can also try going to YouTube and watch the buffer speed go zoom zoom zoom! :lol: Whew! That's it. Enjoy Surfin! :D :thumbsup: Credits: - [b]duhwho[/b] of [i]PinoyDSL.net[/i] for the idea about the Canopy IP address - [b]Cympaulife[/b] ([url=http://h1.ripway.com/cympaulife/index.html]Homepage[/url]) for the ESN to Canopy IP address Converter :arrow: [color=red][b]ADDED(Jan 8,2008):Another method from vince0[/b][/color] [quote=vince0]gusto nyo ba pabilisin connection nyo? try nyo to. PM me kun ayaw gumana pewo sbi nila tested and working ito hehe ( DSl ako eh kya d ko matry ) share lan. For SMART BROKEN Users For Internet Explorer: Just Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Use Proxy Server For Mozilla FireFox: Just Go to Tools -> Option -> Advance -> Network -> Settings -> Use Manual Proxy Configuration For Address: Code: (HTTP lan hehe) 203.84.191.215 or proxy.meridian.ph For Port: Code: 8080 share lan. hek godbless to all ftalkers[/quote] Or you can also use one of the following as your Proxy Servers: - proxy.smartwifi.com.ph - proxy.smartbro.net - 121.1.3.194 - 121.1.3.200

Last edited by FoRsAkEnKiD (2008-01-07 12:19:26)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new Sm

That's nice.. i admit i'm stupid on these things so i would better not try it :retard: =D :lol: btw thanks for sharing :thumbsup: but i'm confused (the speed of our connection is 100 Mbps)
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: [color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new Sm

[quote=Nix]but i'm confused (the speed of our connection is 100 Mbps)[/quote] Heheh. Actually, that's not the speed of your internet connection. Its the speed of your LAN connection. They're different. Are you also Smart Bro user Nix? What's your average download speed?
mango juice
» FTalker
1969-12-31

how will you know the speed?.. by the way, im a globelines broadband user...
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=FoRsAkEnKiD]Heheh. Actually, that's not the speed of your internet connection. Its the speed of your LAN connection. They're different. Are you also Smart Bro user Nix? What's your average download speed?[/quote] Yup! also a Smart Bro user.. [quote]i admit i'm stupid on these things :retard:[/quote] waa! i really don't know a thing when it comes to things like these.. :retard: i wanna learn.. ~ what's the difference of "internet connection" from "LAN connectoin"? ~ how will i know the ave. download speed?
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

To know your average download speed, try going to SpeedTest.net or TestMy.Net and take a speed test there. The advertised download speed of most broadband services is up to 384 kb/s only. Here are my result of the tests: @SpeedTest.net (http://speedtest.net): [url=http://www.speedtest.net][img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/112728162.png[/img][/url] @TestMy.net (http://www.testmy.net/speedtest/dual_load.php): Download Connection is:: 494 Kbps about 0.49 Mbps (tested with 579 kB) Download Speed is:: 60 kB/s [b]<< average download speed[/b] Upload Connection is:: 306 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 579 kB) Upload Speed is:: 37 kB/s Tested From:: (Server 1) Those speeds are about 2x faster than the usual broadband speeds :cool:
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Ok.. i know my connection is slow. but here it is: [url=http://www.speedtest.net][img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/113034338.png[/img][/url] (i think this one changes sometimes)

Last edited by aRies04991 (2007-04-13 23:56:27)

`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

^ [url=http://www.speedtest.net][img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/113029785.png[/img][/url] I used the not-so-safe way. Hehe. :wallbash:
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Nice tutorial Charles! At least Smart Bro users can add more speed to their connections. I like using Speedtest, but I think it's not as accurate as other speedtest sites. I seem to have better results in Speedtest compared to SpeakEasy haha! My speed has gotten better since my ISP fixed my amplifier, after 3 months of waiting!!! [img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/113043264.png[/img]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Well, I must say that Pad's speed is MONSTEROUS!!! :o Wuuu~! But of course, Im sure that a speed like that does not cost Php 999/month right? :D
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Believe it or not, IT IS [b]P999[/b] per month. =) I'm subscribed to [u]My Destiny cable internet[/u], they've improved so far. My speed I noticed reaches up to 2 Mbps. Do you have Destiny in your area there in Cebu? These days the cheapest DSL here is P888 from Bayantel I think. [i]EDIT: Added content[/i]

Last edited by Padme (2007-04-15 12:18:19)

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Wow, really? So My Destiny has got better now eh? Damn, too bad, i dont think we have My Destiny Cable here in Cebu. :crybaby:

Last edited by FoRsAkEnKiD (2007-04-20 06:23:09)

greenarcher02
» n00b
1969-12-31

hey... the site where you need to convert ESN to canopy address is broken... @_@ ***my original settings were faster

Last edited by greenarcher02 (2007-05-31 21:49:32)

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Oops. I guess the owner of that site has moved elsewhere. Tsk3x. Well then we'll gonna have to use Method 1 instead.
greenarcher02
» n00b
1969-12-31

thanks =) >_< the only problem is, it didn't get as fast as what i expected... 300kb/s or something when i tested it..... >_< it only increased slightly...... i just hope it's because of the rain... :cry:

Last edited by greenarcher02 (2007-06-04 09:14:47)

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Well, SmartBro connection is wireless. So your connection will get better if you move your house near the Smart's antennas :eh: Heheh.
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

[quote=FoRsAkEnKiD]^ Well, SmartBro connection is wireless. So your connection will get better if you move your house near the Smart's antennas :eh: Heheh.[/quote] lol. Yeah, I think so too. :lol:
0phranxis0
» Banned
1969-12-31

uhm did you all tested it? cuz im kindaafraid to try it.
dheetiij's
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

The link that you said of which i can convert the Canopy IP Address are not working..can you help me with this bro??? try to click the link,it appears that [b]This user account or file could not be located..[/b]
senyorito21
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=tjayvalrose_02]The link that you said of which i can convert the Canopy IP Address are not working..can you help me with this bro??? try to click the link,it appears that [b]This user account or file could not be located..[/b][/quote] Just do the easier step... If it not works... try this... before you cut your internet connection.... type firs the arp -a at the command prompt.... and then do the whole thing :thumbsup:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [color=red]EDITED(Jan8,2008): Another method posted by vince0 is merged with this post. See the bottom part. EDITED(June1,2007): The following method does not need to be performed if you are a new Sm

Pages: 12344

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:58

[ 10 queries - 0.043 second ]
Privacy Policy