• ARCHIVES 
  • » just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especia

Pages: 1

just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especia

kawaii07
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especia

just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especially those open for requests! but of course, mods can also lock/unlock the thread! [spoiler]suggestion [i]lang po[/i][/spoiler]
HiLyNkAwAii
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especia

..in this case sis... [b]:arrow: We MUST expect [u]ABUSERS[/u] here... not all threadstarters are RULE FOLLOWERS you know =) besides,. whenever the threadstarter report his/her thread to be closed there's always a mod attending to that report in no time.. [u][i]based on experience :D[/i][/u] its better to leave the work to the mods, no conflict less problem :D[/b] :arrow: [spoiler]oipinion lang po sis =)[/spoiler]

Last edited by HiLyNkAwAii (2008-04-13 01:35:48)

Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especia

lol or you can just sent a request to us or message telling that you want to lock your topic as simple as that well thats our job anyway :)

Last edited by Shirow Masamune (2008-04-13 02:56:44)

regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

it will be abused by many.. im telling you.. :D in the graphics section.. you can always pm eehjhay or duch ( <== they act quickly) or other mods to close it for you.. :D
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

It will Be abused Yes =) And That Lock and Unlock and so on.. That is the Moderators work/responsibilities
karuro72002
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

an example of Abuse! is SPAM :rolleyes: look above me! :lol:

Last edited by karuro72002 (2008-04-13 04:56:58)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Your idea seems fair enough but, I suggest add more detailed ideas to your proposition. Include the positive and negative aspects and specify the loop holes if any, so we can avoid miscommunication of ideas.
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: there's always the report button.
forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[color=#089bce] anyway, i think this is a good idea although truth be told, there are indeed abusive members here -- on the other hand, what's the worst thing that could happen? I dont think a topic that gets unlocked or locked will trouble anyone. [b]Pros[/b]: if a topic is locked, there will be less spam, It will be clear that the thread is on hiatus therefore there will be no additional request (until the threadstarter's former requests are done) The threadstarter can resume/stop work whenever he wants to without bothering the moderators. [b]Cons:[/b] I couldnt think of any lol aside from the unlock/lock/unlock/lock cycle -- who would get affected by that? well that's my opinion [hr][hr] oh.. i just remembered something if this would take effect --- the threadstarter cannot re-open his/her thread if a [b]moderator[/b] locked it[/color]

Last edited by forsakendoll (2008-04-13 11:33:37)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

It's our job to MODERATE the forum (that's why we are called as moderators). We have the rights to lock and unlock topics. If we give members those features, then it will be just abused by the members. In addition, it will be so filthy for the forum's template. And also we constantly recognize and familiarize the status of some topics. If a topic has been locked/unlocked, then we [b]have[/b] to know why it has been locked/unlocked.
aysbeaux
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Threadstarters can always edit the first page and indicate that it's locked or something. After that, ask a mod (in that section) to lock it for them. Sheesh.
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^ Calm down! hahaha.. Nobody is arguing with you. Hehe..
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: if a member was given the power to lock/unlock, then it wouldnt be nice, ex: I opened a request thread. Just because I'm too lazy, I'll close it. See? Why bother to make a thread then temporarily close/open it? A member started a thead so it's their responsibility to keep it running. If you decided to give up the thread, you can always request to close it. Permanently. =|
switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

w/c would be easier. open new topic... or unlock old one.. im speaking in sense of moderating... it think ...wat been close b kept as is... not unless found woth reopening it... wats the harm of openin' a new one.. anyway...
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Lock/Unlock Topic is one of Moderator's Jobs. That's why we are here.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » just like other forums. i suggest that the thread starters can lock and unlock their own thread. especially in Friendster Graphics section! some thread starters wants to close their own thread especia

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 22:25

[ 12 queries - 0.034 second ]
Privacy Policy