• ARCHIVES 
  • » Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more prop

Pages: 1

Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more prop

admin
» FTalkManiac

Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more prop

Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more proper to edit your previous post to include the new comments instead of creating a new post. The problem with this can be that readers who have already read the original post may miss the information that was edited in. I think it depends on the context whether double posting in a thread is okay or not. For example: [b]Not OK[/b]: Double posting in close time interval [b]Not OK[/b]: Double posting the exact same message [b]OK[/b]: Double posting in longer time interval (separated in few hours or even days) [b]OK[/b]: Double posting, each with lengthy message, with totally different content, or refer to different members, etc. Do you have other opinion about this?
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more prop

Yeah in other forums im in, Admins and Moderators only double post according to those situations mentioned by Sir Admin. So double posting will be considered ONLY if those situations were met. About this one: [quote]The problem with this can be that readers who have already read the original post may miss the information that was edited in.[/quote] Then maybe we could set the edited post as a [i]New Post[/i], then the [b][New Posts][/b] tag will be visible beside the thread of the newly edited post.
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more prop

Hmm.. only problem is, members would assume [u]double posting is okay[/u]. Especially since most of them especially newbies --they don't read the rules at all. I bet they would miss that [u]specific rule about double posting[/u]. :disgust: But I guess this would help a lot coz sometimes I want to write something new. But then I'd realize I was the last one who posted --and it's been days! :rolleyes: So what I do was delete my previous post and post a new one, haha! Of course members can't do that coz they don't have the ability to delete posts. This would be a good thing... As long as.. as long as.. people really read the rules. Like we have to stick the rules on everyone's faces hehehe.
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=Pad]Hmm.. only problem is, members would assume double posting is okay.[/quote] True. Newcomers nowadays have a hard time following rules. They even miss the basic rules, how much more the important details and specifics. [quote=Pad also]But I guess this would help a lot coz sometimes I want to write something new. But then I'd realize I was the last one who posted --and it's been days! roll So what I do was delete my previous post and post a new one, haha! Of course members can't do that coz they don't have the ability to delete posts.[/quote] Heheh, yeah i do that do at times. Delete and RePost. It works. Heheh. But other members cant do that so its kind of unfair. That's why i had my suggestion above, about that [New Post] tag. How bout a [color=red][b][New Edited Post][/b][/color] tag for threads? I hope we can have that.

Last edited by FoRsAkEnKiD (2007-04-23 07:57:09)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Maybe they could do something like this: [quote]"Blah blah blah..." [b][Added Message][/b] "Blah blah blah..."[/quote] [quote=FoRsAkEnKiD]How bout a [color=red][b][New Edited Post][/b][/color] tag for threads? I hope we can have that.[/quote] Like that one.. :thumbsup:
admin
» FTalkManiac

well.... the problem is that the current function for the topic listing only check the time of the last post was made. To implement something like "[New Edited Post] tag" won't be efficient (the thread position will not change if the last post is edited). And probably it'll be difficult too (I'm a programming n00b :D)
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

[quote=FoRsAkEnKiD][quote=Pad also]But I guess this would help a lot coz sometimes I want to write something new. But then I'd realize I was the last one who posted --and it's been days! roll So what I do was delete my previous post and post a new one, haha! Of course members can't do that coz they don't have the ability to delete posts.[/quote] Heheh, yeah i do that do at times. Delete and RePost. It works. Heheh. But other members cant do that so its kind of unfair. That's why i had my suggestion above, about that [New Post] tag.[/quote] lol i do that too! :lol: to attract members of my "new post". lolz.. [b]at topic:[/b] it's so complicated.. esp for those newbies.
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Hahah. Yeah, i noticed that all the forums i had been to doesnt have a feature like a [New Edited Post] tag. So we have no choice but to implement a rule about this. Double Posting will be considered if the time interval of the consecutive post is about a couple of hours or longer than that.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Double posting literally means posting the same information twice. This also refers to when a member posting twice in a row without another user's post separating the two. It is considered more prop

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 11:14

[ 10 queries - 0.021 second ]
Privacy Policy