• ARCHIVES 
  • » a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual me

Pages: 1

a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual me

dhenzcy
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual me

a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual memory...? i think low virtual memory also affects the speed of my computer... am i right? windows is trying to increase it "automatically" can i do that "manually"? and, by the way, any tip on how to increase my computer speed? my brother bought another hard disk just to increase the capacity in each partition especially in drive c which holds the program files of the computer, because we thought more software installed but less size/capacity of the disk can cause the speed down of our computer... thanks! Godbless!
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

Re: a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual me

i also experienced that pop up thing at the bottom right corner of the screen while i was being busy with my PS CS2 .. hmmm... i dunno.. and that time the only left in my pc's free memory was i think less than a gig. :/ :wallbash: try to search the other threads in this section on topics like speeding up ur pc's blah-blah's hehehe ;)
harvii
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual me

The same thing happened to me before as well. Like mizel said I was also busy with my PS CS3 that time. My PS hanged and the thing pop-up and I was trying to save a file from PS but it says virtual memory is too low. Then I waited for 10 mins. and I can now save and I checked the free memory I've got in my PC and it's back to normal.
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[b]:arrow: What programs can cause this problem?[/b] Programs which eat lots of your computer's memory, as stated above "Adobe Photoshop" and the likes. You can check the Task Manager if you want to see the size of memory being chewed up :lol: :arrow: [b]Why do I get this message?[/b] Well basically, the virtual memory is the space your computer uses when it runs short of RAM memory. The paging file is the place where Windows handles your virtual memory settings. If your computer wants to change it, you should go ahead and let it because XP will adjust the setting to meet the current memory needs. :eh::thumbsup: It's not really good to change these settings manually as Windows can manage the size much more efficiently than the user can. Making your virtual memory setting larger will increase the number of addresses and will make Windows lazy. But if you want, you can still increase the size of the paging file. [b] :arrow: How do I do that?[/b] (Well, I believe you lot are still using XP) 1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. 2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab. 3. In the Performance pane, click Settings. 4. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab. 5. In the Virtual memory pane, click Change. 6. Change the Initial size value and the Maximum size value to a higher value, click Set, and then click OK. 7. Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box, and then click OK to close the System Properties dialog box. [b] :arrow: This thing didn't work for me. :([/b] Well adding more RAM may also be of benefit as this will reduce the need for virtual memory to be used in the first place. For running Windows XP, I suggest at least 512MB. In general, adding more RAM is the most cost effective means of boosting a computer's performance. [b]:arrow: Not effective enough?[/b] Google it. :wallbash:

Last edited by xavierkym (2008-04-30 17:56:01)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ Ahaha. lol. nice one kuya xav (thanks for sharing the knowledge btw). i also even experienced that (in the oher computer) but the difference from those happened to ate weng and harvey is, no photoshop is being used - just i.e/firefox.
rhodem24
» n00b
1969-12-31

Close those programs that you will not be using or just upgrade your RAM.
royalassassin
» n00b
1969-12-31

Double your Virtual Memory based on your CPU's RAM by manually setting the value of minimum and maximum paging size. (If you have 512 MB RAM, manually set both the value of minimum and maximum to 1024 MB)
emson17
» n00b
1969-12-31

,,hidni pa,, wala naman akong iniinstall n photoshop kasi daming kakaining memory eh,,
networkmancer
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

RAM. Better downlaod RAM booster =D also a virus can cause that effect =D

Last edited by networkmancer (2008-05-06 23:47:11)

Watcher
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=emson17],,hidni pa,, wala naman akong iniinstall n photoshop kasi daming kakaining memory eh,,[/quote] sorry to say.. please post in English..
jm_dodo
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

I also encountered that before.. I just change the Virtual memory to System managed size.. Try it!

Last edited by jm_dodo (2008-05-08 08:25:15)

dhenzcy
» n00b
1969-12-31

other than having a 512 MB RAM, kindly give some suggestions how to speed up my comp?
bheszt_09
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[b]^i just suggest you to,delete some programs or files that is unnecessary that may slow down your pc[/b]
MarqueeJ
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I suggest Delete some files that ur not using as that much... and buy a memory stick i'm sure it will works :ninja:
katicatz
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yea... i'm always encountering this type of problem... try increasing your virtual memory... by going to my computer and properites...

Last edited by katicatz (2008-06-06 03:37:34)

cjoker2
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

mine is very poor... i will just upgrade my computer ;)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » a tool tip in rightside taskbar will pop out saying... "Your virtual memory is too low" "Windows is trying to increase it automatically..... etc. etc...." im new with this word... what is virtual me

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 05:29

[ 10 queries - 0.039 second ]
Privacy Policy