• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kne

Pages: 1

[b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kne

jamia_mae
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kne

[b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kneel in your garden to pull weeds, or on the street to change a tire, but don't want to preserve the memory eternally on your pant legs? Grab a couple of plastic bags and tie one around each knee, covering the entire area that will be exposed to dirt and grime. [b]Plastic Bags as Hand Protectors[/b] Fact: There are some things you'd just as soon not touch with your bare hands. Use bags as gloves to handle what's messy (say, chicken carcasses) or just plain gross (like the little "presents" the dog leaves in the front yard), then turn them inside out to trap the offending matter inside for easy disposal. [b]Plastic Bags as Paint Preservers[/b] You're painting the kitchen when an emergency (kid's sick at school; Brad Pitt is Ellen's special guest) calls you off the job. To keep brushes and rollers from drying out, place them in bags and tie them or wrap them with rubber bands to keep air out. The tools will stay moist and protected for a day or so. [b]Plastic Bags as Makeshift Rain Hats[/b] A 30 percent chance of rain…hmm. Do you tote around an umbrella (maybe for nothing) or head out sans protection (and risk getting drenched)? Third option: Tuck a plastic bag into your pocket or purse. Then, if you're caught in a downpour, you can use it as a makeshift rain hat to protect your do. [b]Plastic Bags for Easy Kitchen Clean-Ups[/b] For no-fuss cleanup, instead of peeling fruits and vegetables over a cutting board or into the sink, do it over a plastic bag. When you're done, flip the peelings into the garbage and rinse the bag to reuse another day, or simply toss the whole shebang into the trash. [b]Plastic Bags as Wrapping Paper[/b] No time to make an emergency pre-party run for wrapping paper? Riffle through your bags to find the prettiest and most colorful — or just ones without writing. Triple-bag the gift, then tie all three sets of handles into a knot. Cut the tops of the loops and fan the pieces out to make a plume. [b]Plastic Bags as Wet Umbrella Holders[/b] To avoid dripping water all over your (or anyone else's) house on a rainy day, pop your wet umbrella into a bag as you cross the threshold. You can even tie the handles snugly and throw it back into your purse — unless, of course, your bumbershoot is of Mary Poppins proportions but your carpetbag isn't. [b]Plastic Bags as Shoe Protectors[/b] It will never be a fashion trend, but tying bags over your shoes can keep you from tracking mud into the house when you come in, or protect slippers from dirt, snow, or rain when you run out to fetch the paper from the front lawn. (Be careful when walking on smooth surfaces, as the plastic won't give you any traction.) [b]Plastic Bags as Cookbook Protectors[/b] To keep the cookbook clean while attempting that "easy to follow" seven-layer-cake recipe, wrap a bag around everything but the page you're using. Although it won't keep you from (inevitably) spattering the list of ingredients with vanilla extract, the rest of the book, at least, will remain pristine. [b]Plastic Bags as Planter Fillers[/b] Crumple bags to fill the bottom of a large pot that's too deep for your plant (but be sure not to cover the drainage hole, if it has one). You can cut down on the amount of potting soil needed, and since plastic packs less heft than dirt, you'll be able to move a big planter around with a bit less grunting. [i]this is what i learned from my biology teacher. well, just a dedication to her as i'll enter to junior year HS... thanks to her [/i]
Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: [b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kne

[b]We do something with plastic bags too. We put them inside a trash can and then throw all our trash into the plastic and when its all filled up we just tie the handles and then we throw it, destroying the main point of having a trash can along with it. :lol: I think a lot of people do this too. We use the plastic bags from the grocery store, when they pack the stuff. Thanks for the information, but I still think that we'll stay with the use of plastic bags as trash can "filling" or "inner skin". :lol:[/b]
jamia_mae
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: [b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kne

[quote=Deviantangel1995]We do something with plastic bags too. We put them inside a trash can and then throw all our trash into the plastic and when its all filled up we just tie the handles and then we throw it, destroying the main point of having a trash can along with it. :lol: I think a lot of people do this too. We use the plastic bags from the grocery store, when they pack the stuff. Thanks for the information, but I still think that we'll stay with the use of plastic bags as trash can "filling" or "inner skin". :lol:[/quote] oh, yeah... that's a common thing people tend to do...
marcodgreat
» FTalker
1969-12-31

why not we dont used it...i mean try to avoid using so least trash their are lots of alternatives...
Kaygee :3
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=marcodgreat]why not we dont used it...i mean try to avoid using so least trash their are lots of alternatives...[/quote] yeah i agree with you :eh:
gengskie
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

my mom reused not so dirty plastic bags... thanks for the info!!
empurpled
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[color=#cc33ff]They are phasing out the use plastics here in our town. :) I think it's a great move to help save mother earth! :D[/color]
bebefatz
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

nice article!very useful!:)
blueboimark011
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

hmm. really small things come to be so useful to us. thanks for that one!
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]10 Smart Uses for Old Plastic Bags [/b] They multiply like Trebles in drawers and closets — which is why you need these new ways to reuse grocery bags [b]Plastic Bags as Knee Pads[/b] Need to kne

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:18

[ 10 queries - 0.026 second ]
Privacy Policy