• ARCHIVES 
  • » [color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by ins

Pages: 12

[color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by ins

November
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by ins

[color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by inserting it through the comment. Notice this part on the generated code.. [quote]<a href='URL OF JS' id='cradle'></a>[/quote] that's the thing.. u can actually insert the same id on comment usually by inserting fake image with js on it. [color=blue][b]Suggestion:[/b][/color] Linker Users, for security reason, kindly set your comment setting to [color=white][b]never approve comments automatically[/b][/color]. To those who dont have any idea on how to do this, [color=blue][b]Please follow this instruction:[/b][/color] [quote]- Login your friendster account - Click your account setting [url=http://www.friendster.com/editaccount.php][color=yellow]here...[/color][/url] - Set the comment setting like the image bellow : [color=black]--[/color][img]http://h1.ripway.com/crazydavinci/thecradleboard/comments.gif[/img] - Click Save[/quote] Also never forget to always check the comments before approving. If you see anything like this on the comment (on the html code or view source): [quote][color=orange]id='cradle'[/color][/quote] Just delete that comment and send us the profile of the one who sent it. Send it Here: [url=http://the-cradle.users-board.com]The Cradle Forum[/url] [b][color=orange]Another Suggestion[/color][/b] : put your cradle links in the about me section, it could be in about me box or who i want to meet. That would screen comments since about me section comes before comments but the import codes can only stay in the media box. So you should break apart the generated code from the generator into two parts. First, this part on your media box : [quote]<style type='text/css'>@impo\rt url(http://the-linker.bravehost.com/The-Cradle/reload.swf);</style>[/quote] an this on about me/who i want to meet : [quote]<a href='[color=yellow]URL OF YOUR JS[/color]' id='cradle'></a>[/quote] Thanks to [b]Shakiro[/b] for this... [color=blue][b]Note:[/b][/color] Just try to inform u the fact here.. Angell actually has already known about this and still experimenting with the solution to make the linker safer from profile defacing. [color=red][b]The Cradle Administrative Team[/b][/color]

Last edited by November (2008-05-26 00:49:04)

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: [color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by ins

=) I see the problem that's clever ;) but that is quite a problem friend :lol: maybe if users put their cradle links in the about me section, that might also be an alternative to screening comments since about me section comes before comments :D :thumbsup: the import codes can stay in the media box ;) it's just a thought ~~~:penguin:

Last edited by shakiro214 (2008-05-25 05:34:05)

cklahrckiey
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: [color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by ins

there's another way to do it... just turn on the safe mode then you can delete the comment....
ohmygodthatKEL,shameless
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=November]Also never forget to always check the comments before approving. If you see anything like this on the comment (on the html code or view source):[/quote] [quote=November]id='cradle'[/quote] Errr. I did not understand this part. Can you please explain it to me? Please. :) Thank you. :):D:D
November
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=ohmygodthatKEL,shameless]Errr. I did not understand this part. Can you please explain it to me? Please. Thank you.[/quote] as you can see our code has id='cradle' <-- id on it. commentor's can actually insert unusual code's on your profile. by putting there comments id='cradle' like this one. they can put codes that will turn your friendster profile unusual. inorder to prevent this kind of things. we suggest you to set your Comments into Required Approvation or rather set your account into safe mode. when you recieve comments.. try viewing your source and see there comments then look for id='cradle' <-- this code. when you see one delete it. and give us the link of the user's profile. ------------------- [color=red]@topic this has been updated.[/color]

Last edited by November (2008-05-26 00:50:44)

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

;) I'm glad my suggestion was helpful =) have a nice day ~~~:penguin:

Last edited by shakiro214 (2008-05-26 11:47:12)

November
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=shakiro214]I'm glad my suggestion was helpful have a nice day ~~~[/quote] yes it is.. have a nice day too.!
ohmygodthatKEL,shameless
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=November]when you recieve comments.. try viewing your source and see there comments then look for id='cradle' <-- this code. when you see one delete it. and give us the link of the user's profile.[/quote] You mean when I'm in my pending comments page, I'll go to the source page then look for that [b]id='cradle'[/b]? Hahaha. I just repeated what you have said. Silly me. Erkk.
November
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=ohmygodthatKEL,shameless]You mean when I'm in my pending comments page, I'll go to the source page then look for that id='cradle'[/quote] precisely hehe.. ^^
prettychinita05
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=November]Another Suggestion : put your cradle links in the about me section, it could be in about me box or who i want to meet. That would screen comments since about me section comes before comments but the import codes can only stay in the media box. So you should break apart the generated code from the generator into two parts. First, this part on your media box : <style type='text/css'>@impo\rt url(http://the-linker.bravehost.com/The-Cradle/reload.swf);</style> an this on about me/who i want to meet : <a href='URL OF YOUR JS' id='cradle'></a> Thanks to Shakiro for this...[/quote] Can I ask a question? what If I'm using css linker only because I did the method JS - CSS convertion Is it ok if I'll not do this?
yunish
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

ohh..thanks for sharing this one.. =)
korean_fevah
» n00b
1969-12-31

awwww.... thnks for sharing.. i was going crazy bcoz my js tweaks are not working....
November
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=prettychinita05]Can I ask a question? what If I'm using css linker only because I did the method JS - CSS convertion Is it ok if I'll not do this?[/quote] its no need this is for JS linker only.
krjalagat
» FTalker
1969-12-31

tnx for this... this is very helpfull tnx for sharing!!
darylldelfin
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^please dont spam .. i might report u .. @topic: another solution is making ur own linker like in this thread: http://theftalk.com/t34452-june-26-2008-Linker-Solutions-%28bandwidth-problems%29-UPDATED%21.html and changing the id "cradle" to anything else .. :D view my comments section .. www.friendster.com/comments.php?uid=17327297 notice something? :eh:
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

hm.. i saw one last time but cant remember the link.. i also saw there a js linker he was promoting it.. the linker looked weird with a lot of links and stuff.. and this line was also present.. <a href='URL OF YOUR JS' id='cradle'></a>
switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=November]Notice this part on the generated code.. <a href='URL OF JS' id='cradle'></a> that's the thing.. u can actually insert the same id on comment usually by inserting fake image with js on it.[/quote] i dont really understand this part how come a link can execute js... aint that incomplete... and since script cant be read without any convertion since fs filtered that part... i think theres nothing to worry unless some wicked individuals will try to find out.. but since this thread is open.. then u juz gave away a hint...
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Wow comment XSS. That's new. I think. :penguin: Anyway be careful guys. :eh:
switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

lol ephe hahaha... :paranoid: im spamming waaa :penguin:
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=switpotato]i dont really understand this part how come a link can execute js... aint that incomplete...[/quote] Just follow up hehe... It works because the extension of the script can be found on the media box. If the idea was being used by someone else.If you insert the a id part. It willl just get the ID from the XML on the media box. The best way to prevent this is to make your own XML file.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [color=blue][b]Description:[/b][/color] Actually our current js linker, especially the one on the current generator has a security hole that makes people be able put some kinda malicious script by ins

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 21:18

[ 13 queries - 0.042 second ]
Privacy Policy