• ARCHIVES 
  • » HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[

Pages: 1

HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[

nica1214
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[

HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[/b] I'm sure that the problem is in my computer because I've tried my brother's computer and transferred files with no problems.. this only happens when transferring large files...if smaller than let's say 70MB then then there's no problem within the transferring... please help me how to solve this..
Frazen
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[

Are you having this problem only when your copying a file to your psp or everytime you copy or transfer a file? if does then I think your hard disk is the problem. CRC or cyclic redundancy check indicates that your hard disk has bad sectors and maybe the file you want to copy is using some portion of the bad sector. but before we come up to that conclusion, lets verify first if your disk is really the problem or the file you want to copy is the problem so try defragging your hard disk maybe it will help. if still not working then try transferring the file on different disk or on your brothers' hard disk through your local network. if this process fails, 100% your disk is the problem. try goggling spinrite. Spinrite is a hard drive recovery and maintenance program. I'm not sure if spinrite has an shareware version. just try other software if you can't find any trial version for spinrite.though I can't guarantee you they can recover it 100%.

Last edited by Frazen (2008-05-28 10:37:45)

networkmancer
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[

Try transferring it one by one and not by many.
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

:arrow: [url=http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_fix_a_cyclic_redundancy_check_error_when_i_try_to_copy_a_file.html][b]This might help[/b][/url]
nica1214
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow! thank you Frazen and kym, those are really helpful.. @ Frazen, I think the problem is in my hard disk, 'cause on the other computer transferring large files is a no problem.. ok, let me try defragmenting my disk now..
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » HELP! I can't transfer large files on my PSP such as movies, lots of music and games.. on the middle of transferring, a pop-up will appear [b]"CANNOT TRANSFER....:DATA ERROR: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK"[

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 23:06

[ 11 queries - 0.022 second ]
Privacy Policy