• ARCHIVES 
  • » :arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arr

Pages: 1

:arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arr

♥brains&beauty♥
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

:arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arr

:arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arrow: [b]What you need[/b]: To start with, you need Photoshop, any version. Lots of imagination and patience. A computer... :P[/i] Before we start, you need to know how to make a Siggy first. Browse the forum for Tutorials. :thumbsup: OK, let's get goin'! :arrow: [b]STEP 1[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood001.jpg[/img] I started with a new document of the size of a siggy. Go to Filter>Noise>Add Noise. Follow the Settings below. [quote][b]Settings[/b]: Amount: 72.09 Distribution: Gaussian Check Monochromatic.[/quote] :arrow: [b]STEP 2:[/b] [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood002.jpg[/img] Let's begin to form the base for our grain Go to Filter>Blur>Motion Blur. See the Settings below. [quote][b]Settings[/b]: Angle: 0 Distance: 30[/quote] :arrow: [b]STEP 3[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood003.jpg[/img] OK, now we need to make it a bit wavy like real wood. Go to Filter>Distort>Wave. Its important to lower the scale so the the waves aren't too overdone. Check the Settings below. [quote][b]Settings[/b]: Number of Generators: 5 Wavelength: Min = 1; Max = 120 Amplitude: 5 = 35 Scale: Horiz = 59 Vert. = 7 Type: Sine Undefined Areas: Repeat Edge Pixels[/quote] :arrow: [b]STEP 4[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood004.jpg[/img] Now to bring out the grain. Go to Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask Crank it all up. [As seen above.] Set the radius at 2.9 :arrow: [b]STEP 5[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood005.jpg[/img] Ctrl/Cmd+U opens the Hue/Saturation Hit 'Colorize'. Set the Hue for 22 and Saturation for 53... And to get a more authentic wood color, pull the Lightness a bit to the dark side at -19. Press OK. :arrow: [b]STEP 6[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood007.jpg[/img] Not bad for a newbie!:P Just joking guys. This is where most other tutorials finish. You could stop here or go for the extra touch of realism. Set the feather to 10 in the Top Toolbar in PS v6. (Or in older versions, you will have to Apply Selection>Feather after the selection is made) make a selection with the rectangular marquee tool. :arrow: [b]STEP 7[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood008.jpg[/img] Apply Filter>Distort>Wave again. Make the adjustments as shown below. [quote][b]Settings[/b]: Number of Generators: 59 Wavelength: Min = 1; Max = 120 Amplitude: 5 = 35 Scale: Horiz. = 55; Vert. = 2[/quote] :arrow: [b]STEP 8[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood009.jpg[/img] See the nice, random texture? Lets do it again. Make a selection as before, but this time on the bottom of the 'wood'. :arrow: [b]STEP 9[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood010.jpg[/img] Now go to the 'Filters Menu'. You will see the last applied filter is still there, click on it or just go Ctrl/CMD+F to re-apply the wave filter. :arrow: [b]STEP 10[/b]: [img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/chanellejasmine1122/wood-finished.jpg[/img] Then there you have it! Just apply the text that you want and animate it. It's your choice. Hope this was thorough enough! Good Luck making Cool Sigs!
anitsirk29
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: :arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arr

[i]Very nice tutorial, sis. I bet this can be used for making siggys. :thumbsup:[/i]
punkpwinzes
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: :arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arr

nice tut... cool trick.. i'll use this one.. tnx for sharing it..

Last edited by punkpwinzes (2009-06-02 22:15:05)

triciapink29
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

wow cool trick :) :D good job thanks for the share
leidenice
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[b]nice tut..:thumbsup: but i think the wood pattern is easier.. =)[/b]
♥brains&beauty♥
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Thanks to your comments! =) :thumbsup:
akuzet16
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

weeeeh!., einxzs 4 shering dis one sis!., it helped me.. heheh.. so +repu 4 yah!
pinkyo_O
» FTalker
1969-12-31

wow thnx for this really good job make more tut! :D
♥brains&beauty♥
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=pinkyo_O]wow thnx for this really good job make more tut! :D[/quote] Thanks sis. :)
EleeGirl
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Wow :o nice tut,siz. make more tut. But can u make in gimp?? Im new there.. hehhe =)

Last edited by EleeGirl (2008-08-09 08:37:54)

marielee_poison
» n00b
1969-12-31

Thanks for the tuts. It helps me a lot!:thumbsup:
kawaiichx
» n00b
1969-12-31

that was cool. thanks!
triciapink29
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

good tutorial u can also use patterns so it will be easier :thumbsup: 1 repu+ for your hard work [hr][hr][hr] Sorry sis i must spread some reputarion before giving again

Last edited by triciapink29 (2008-08-12 04:31:14)

Ehcnalb
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Cool effect nyuu~ XD GJ!
ashedkawaii
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[b]nice tutorial i gonna try this![/b]
Roxas Eug
» n00b
1969-12-31

Not bad. I might try it out sometime =)
diannemay_02
» FTalker
1969-12-31

tnx..., keep it up.., keep sharing..,:D:D
killer_zelle
» n00b
1969-12-31

wow! soo cool..thanks for sharing..:D
dess29
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

nice tutorial sis. im gonna use try this. ahaha. im a photoshop newbie:D
merdi001
» FTalker
1969-12-31

.oh! nice. einx 4 d share
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » :arrow: Hey Guys! I'm back with another Tutorial! :D This time, it's about '[b]How to make a 'Wood' Effect in your Siggy.[/b] =) [i]:arrow: [b]Credits to[/b]: Sir Collin Photoshop Cafe[/i] [i] :arr

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:49

[ 10 queries - 0.026 second ]
Privacy Policy