• ARCHIVES 
  • » This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I than

Pages: 1

This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I than

deane101
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I than

This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I thank you as well for respecting this as my work by not posting it, in whole or in part, in any other location without written permission from me! Lately, everyone, including yours truly, has gotten into blinkies! But they're always so very tiny, it's difficult for some of us to even see them, much less work on them! So, I decided to make a BIG blinkie, using the same format as the smaller blinkies! I also decided to save you some of the tedium involved in making blinkies, and provided the selections you need to complete this blinkie so you won't have to color individual pixels! Hope you have fun building your simple big blinkie! As with my last several tutorials, I am continuing to make the tutorial itself very brief, without the customary paths, details, and how-to's. For those veterans among you, this will be a welcome relief! But for those less familiar with PSP, I included a "Glossary" that contains all the details omitted in the tutorial! If you need a little extra help, check the Glossary section! It's on a separate page, so print it if you like, and follow along. To view the Glossary, just click on the button below - the Glossary will open in a new window. The feedback to this method of tutorial writing continues to be extremely positive! I'd really like your opinion, either for or against - please EMAIL ME and tell me what you think! Thanks! -------------------------------------------start of our tut---------------------------------------------------------------- Supplies - For this tutorial, you will need the following: Jasc's Paint Shop Pro The PSP file containing the selections for this tutorial [u]# Note: The selections for this tutorial are contained in alpha channels. When you open the PSP file provided, you will see only the checkerboard background. Don't panic, the selections are there - you just can't see them yet! [/u] OK, now we're ready to begin! Grab your mouse and let's get started! Remember to save often! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- STEP 1 Open the ss-bigblinkie.psp image. Duplicate the image and close the original. Don't panic - all the selections are there, stored in alpha channels - you just can't see them yet! Flood fill the image with the color, pattern, or gradient you want for your edges - I used a wood pattern for the sample image, with a crossways grain. On the same layer, load the inside selection from the alpha channel, and flood fill this selection with the color, pattern, or gradient you want for the center of your blinkie. You can add a texture to the center if you want, or apply one of your favorite BladePro or Super Bladepro presets - do whatever you want to the center while it is still selected. I used a gradient for my center, and applied a linen texture using the Texturizer filter. If you want a little shading on the center, to give it more depth, float the selection, and apply a cutout effect with the following settings: Vertical offset (0) Horizontal offset (0) Opacity (61) Blur (15) Shadow color (black) You can even apply different effects to the frame of your blinkie. Invert the current selection to do this. I applied an inner bevel to my frame using the following settings: [img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/chretien97/1.jpg[/img] When you are satisfied with your background and frame, deselect and save! STEP 2 Add a new raster layer and add your text, making sure your text fits within the borders of your blinkie. On the opening image, I used the Kinders font, Size = 20. Adjust until you have your text the way you want it. You might want to add a small drop shadow to your text - I used the following settings: Vertical offset (1) Horizontal offset (1) Opacity (95) Blur (2) Shadow color (black) Save your work! STEP 4 Merge the 3 layers, naming the resulting layer "blinkie1". Duplicate this layer twice, naming the duplicates "blinkie2" and "blinkie3". Your Layer Palette should look like this: [img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/chretien97/2-1.jpg[/img] Hide the "blinkie3" and "blinkie2" layers. Activate the "blinkie1" layer, and load the blinkie1 selection from the alpha channel. Flood fill with your choice of colors, patterns, or gradients. I used Dee's D_gold fold pattern, with Scale set to 50%. Deselect and save. Activate the "blinkie2" layer, and load the blinkie2 selection from the alpha channel. Flood fill with the same fill. Deselect. Finally, activate the "blinkie3" layer, and load the blinkie3 selection from the alpha channel, and flood fill as before. Note: If you want to add images outside the blinkie, you will need to expand the canvas size. For the example below, I expanded my canvas size to 400 x 150, then added a layer, and selected the bear tube shown. Once I had the bear tube positioned, I duplicated this layer twice, and merged one of the duplicates with each blinkie layer, again leaving me with 3 layers! [img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/chretien97/3.gif[/img] Save the image as a PSP file, making sure all 3 layers are visible before saving. Saving it this way makes animation a cinch - you only have to open the image in Animation Shop and save it as an animation! So, let's do th STEP 5 Open Animation Shop. Before we open our image, we need to be sure Animation Shop is set up to handle a layered PSP image like this correctly. Choose File...Preferences...General Program Preferences, and click on the Layered Files tab. Make sure "Keep layers as separate frames" is checked. Click OK to exit and save your settings. Open the PSP big blinkie image (File...Open) you just saved in Paint Shop Pro. Click on the View Animation button on the tool bar and your animation will run! That's how easy it is! Now the only thing left to do is to save the animation - click on File...Save, give your animation a name, and accept all the defaults (see following note) in the ensuing screens! Note: Images with tubes added outside the blinkie require special care - be sure to check the Glossary for tips on saving animations as transparent gifs for this type of blinkie! The animation should end up being less than 10% of the size of the saved PSP file! And there you have it, a great big fat blinkie for tired old (I mean "mature") eyes! Here's another big blinkie, hanging from a blinkie rack! [img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/chretien97/bigblinkie2.gif[/img] sorry for ur waste of time in my nonsense tut!

Last edited by forsakendoll (2010-02-21 11:00:52)

kuntilanak
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I than

thanks for sharing.... nice trick... :thumbsup:
Nahz.Is.Fab
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I than

[align=center][b]Thanks For Sharing That TUT Sisz.. Keep It Up![/b][/align]
triciapink29
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

good job.. nice one.. hehe thanks for that really helps
pinkyo_O
» FTalker
1969-12-31

thnx for sharin'! very helpful!! =):thumbsup:
deane101
» n00b
1969-12-31

tnx for appreciating this... whew! it takes almost an hour to type this!
kAwAii iSoBeL
» Banned
1969-12-31

thanks for this! nice trick!
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » This tutorial is my own creation; however, most of the techniques used in this tutorial, I have learned from others! Therefore, if you recognize any contribution you have made, I thank you! And I than

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:06

[ 10 queries - 0.066 second ]
Privacy Policy