• ARCHIVES 
  • » Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't l

Pages: 1

Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't l

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't l

Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't log in to their account, coz someone has changed the password when the account owner left their account without logging out. We need to make it more secure. That's all. Well, it just a suggestion. Thx for ur consideration.
admin
» FTalkManiac

Re: Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't l

To change your password, old password must be entered unless you're a moderator or administrator. :)
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't l

woups. thx for the answer sir. i got it. nothing to discuss anymore here :eh:
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

How about changing the email address can only be made if you put the current password too? Because with the current structure, if someone left their account logged in, then somebody else use that account, they can just change the email address, then use the Forgot Password function, then change the password. You know that moderators can change other members email, right? Honestly we can hack their account and they can not access their account anymore without the Ban function. Haha. Though i wont do that. But if others might have problems with other members, they can block them out. Lol. But im not so sure with this. I havent tried it.
KhErMiNaToR
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ logically you're right bro.. :rolleyes:
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

uhm. sir admin. i realized just now. isn't it harmful, if mods can change his/her password w/o insert the old password ? if there is a mod that leave his account logged in. than someone abuse it and change the password. that someone can mess this forum, at least a section. abusing mod's account is more harmful than abusing other rank's account.
KhErMiNaToR
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ its already discussed before. i forgot where it is. but admin just says that only a mod can change their password without inserting the old password. i think it just to testing us to serious of being a mod. :/ lol :lol:
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

uhm. sorry about that. i think i wasn't a mod when you guys discussed bout it. but by changing our password doesn't mean we are not serious with our responsibility. it's okay dude. just a suggestion. and admin's power :eh:
KhErMiNaToR
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ its only a joke.. :P dont take my words seriously :|
admin
» FTalkManiac

[quote=eehjhay]How about changing the email address can only be made if you put the current password too? Because with the current structure, if someone left their account logged in, then somebody else use that account, they can just change the email address, then use the Forgot Password function, then change the password. You know that moderators can change other members email, right? Honestly we can hack their account and they can not access their account anymore without the Ban function. Haha. Though i wont do that. But if others might have problems with other members, they can block them out. Lol. But im not so sure with this. I havent tried it.[/quote] I'll consider to implement this idea later on. For now, if something like that happens I'll only remove him/her from the moderator team, just like what I did to one moderator today. He changed the email of some old members (including a couple of ex-moderators) and breaking in into their accounts by using "forgot password" function. Password change is irreversible so those members won't be able to login with their original password anymore should they ever come back. Even though those members are not active anymore, I see it as serious privacy violation (and an abuse of moderation power). Normally I don't bother checking the forum logs, but if there's problem like this I'll dig the logs to show me who did what.
admin
» FTalkManiac

The moderator I wrote about in the post above told me that someone hacked/get an access to his account. We're still trying to resolve this issue. I would like to remind all of the moderators: - never share your account with anyone. - use a different password than the one you use for email and/or friendster.
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Though we all have to be responsible on all our possessions, specially on our accounts. Carelessness wont be tolerated. If the forum logs include the ip address of all users on all of their browse history here, maybe we could possibly accept the excuse of someone hacked their account and the similar. Other than that, be careful on browsing and accessing on your accounts.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Nyt beloved admin and co-mods. I just wanna suggest something about changing password. I think we need to confirm our old password before we can change it into a new one. Some members here couldn't l

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 00:45

[ 10 queries - 0.032 second ]
Privacy Policy