• ARCHIVES 
  • » I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view

Pages: 1

I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view

I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view someones profile, since they chose to add the url, only to discover the link takes you no where or to a completely different site :wallbash: Gee that is the intent of the link to share ur profile not just paste whatever you want.
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view

I reckon it's impossible to determine if the profile URL is fake or not, just for example.. I'll change mine into.. http://profiles.friendster.com/buwahahaha I'm thinking..... What if the data entry form would be something like this: [img]http://i36.tinypic.com/1zn1ylg.png[/img] What do you guys think? :wallbash: Lol. Admin is the only one who can decide bout this. :lol:

Last edited by xavierkym (2008-08-04 20:09:52)

kristina16
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Re: I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view

@sir bob: yeah i agree with you... ive seen some members who put other websites... :disgust: weeee thats cool xave yeah! ;) cool!!! :cool: yeah admin where are yah? ;)

Last edited by kristina16 (2008-08-04 20:22:03)

darylldelfin
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@bob and xav : i liked the idea .. :wow: [quote=kristina16]ive seen some members who put other websites... :disgust:[/quote] also, some people who put annoying pages .. e.g. , browser hanging web pages , wep pages with infinite alerts .. :wasted: i really hope this suggestion will be granted .. :D
cronixemo
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^i agree w/ yah guyz... most of the members here are putting thier sites or any account...some are redirect to ur home...and etc.. i think its one of a kind to promote thier site...:D hope admin will take a look w/ this!!! nice suggestion sir bob!
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=xavierkym]I'm thinking..... What if the data entry form would be something like this:[/quote] Thats is it xavier, just what I was thinking if it is possible, but understand ur right about almost impossible to determine if it was valid. Has much as I hate too many rules maybe an additional rule saying that if the link is used it must be the members actual friendster account. Then if someone clicks the link and finds a different profile or other site the member could be reported, just like in spamming a warning could be issued and if again they could be cursed. I am also very happy to see others supporting my suggestion, thank you :D
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: oh, im one of them :ninja: i redirect it to my bloggie. sorry for that, but then again.. i know no one is interested in my fs.. anyway.. gotta change it back. :D
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

I am supporting this suggestion as well, Bob. I also believe that the idea of [b]xavierkym[/b] is also good and possible, but the only setback is on how to determine if it is a "valid" FS account, furthermore, a member's "own" account. Nevertheless, at least, re-direction to site other than FS will be prevented. Thanks for suggesting this up. :thumbsup: Jie
pinkblack08
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

I agree with bobcbar and xavierkym it's really annoying,thinking you could add 'em up in fs,then..Poof!your hope's gone (lol.) anyway,I hope admin will aprove this suggestion..:) :thumbsup:
jheneko
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=bobcbar]t really is upsetting if you click to view someones profile, since they chose to add the url, only to discover the link takes you no where or to a completely different site :wallbash: Gee that is the intent of the link to share ur profile not just paste whatever you want.[/quote] im deeply sorry sir.. i am guilty for that too,. i am terrible sorry i will replace it now. :wallbash: :wallbash: or i would just erase my url there for a mean while... im really sorry...:wallbash: [my profile is underconstruction lol]

Last edited by jheneko (2008-08-09 11:39:21)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=jheneko]im deeply sorry sir.. i am guilty for that too,. i am terrible sorry i will replace it now. or i would just erase my url there for a mean while... im really sorry... [my profile is underconstruction lol][/quote] No reason to say sorry my friend, not everyone agrees with me or there would be more reponses to my suggestion =D Everyone has a right to keep their profiles private I just wish would not use the url in the userCP to redirect us =)
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I think admin already granted this one. If we put other url (not friendster profile url), it will appear [url]????[/url] link below Reputation/Posts. @TS: So, shall I close this one?
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ I guess Admin changed it. i tested and it had an error saying [b]invalid friendster url[/b].
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I would like to recommend, if it is possible, not to allow urls that are not the actual freindster url of the member from being posted under their UserCP. It really is upsetting if you click to view

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 12:21

[ 10 queries - 0.020 second ]
Privacy Policy