• ARCHIVES 
  • » Here are some tips that may help your performance. (I don't know a lot of "Hardcore" tips, but these are just basic ones). :arrow: If you prefer performance over appearance, then change your Windows

Pages: 1

Here are some tips that may help your performance. (I don't know a lot of "Hardcore" tips, but these are just basic ones). :arrow: If you prefer performance over appearance, then change your Windows

#1  2008-08-21 19:37:33

halo5611
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Here are some tips that may help your performance. (I don't know a lot of "Hardcore" tips, but these are just basic ones). :arrow: If you prefer performance over appearance, then change your Windows

Here are some tips that may help your performance. (I don't know a lot of "Hardcore" tips, but these are just basic ones). :arrow: If you prefer performance over appearance, then change your Windows Appearance to Windows Vista Home Basic. Or, simply remove the Aero effects. If you don't switch it, Windows will automatically switch to Windows Home Basic appearance when you open a game. This slows down the game startup. :arrow: Set your PC to notify you of new updates. DON'T let it automatically download/install or whatever. When you're notified of new updates, look for an update that has something do to with performance. (You only need those). If you have a good Anti-Virus program, then you really don't need those Security patches. (Although you can download them if you want) :arrow: I recommend that you install a GOOD disk defragmenter software. The default installed one isn't good. Now this helps if you reformat your PC, then you install either of the following disk defrag software. PerfectDisk (cool interface, great performance boost) or Diskeeper (I highly recommend. It can auto defrag your hard drive(s) invisibly, and doesn't take up too much ram. It can also speed up boot times, shut down times, and even speed up your PC even if you're doing something that take up a lot of your CPU) :arrow: This is a common one. Scan your PC for any viruses or spyware/malware/etc. Use BitDefender Total Security 2008 for viruses; AVG for a free one. Ad-aware or Spybot Search and Destroy for spyware/malware. :arrow: Turn the UAC off. It's annoying, isnt it? the way how you always have to RIGHT CLICK and click on "Run as admin..". To turn this off, press start, then search "msconfig" (without the " marks) If you have run set to be displayed, simply click on run then type "msconfig" (again, without the " marks). Click the last tab, then scroll down. Look for "Disable UAC". click Launch. Then, restart your PC. When you get back to windows, no more right clicking! No more "User Account Control"! . No more clicking accept/okay/allow! If you want to reenable it (as to not knowing why) just repeat the steps, only that you click on ENABLE uac instead of Disable. I hope these tips have helped ppl :). Repu if possible. :D
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Here are some tips that may help your performance. (I don't know a lot of "Hardcore" tips, but these are just basic ones). :arrow: If you prefer performance over appearance, then change your Windows

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 09:41

[ 10 queries - 0.007 second ]
Privacy Policy