• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual

Pages: 1

[b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual

aich
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual

[b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual Effects" tab I Chose (checked) Use Drop Shadows for Icon Labels OR 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. 3. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Performance. 4. Click to clear the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop check box, click Apply, and then click OK two times. 5. Close Control Panel[/spoiler] Im done with that. Still, desktop icons were still in colors. I want them to be transparent. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.
xXChrisXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: [b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual

:arrow: Try this 1. Right click your desktop 2.Click Properties 3.Click the Settings Tab 4.Under Settings Tab make sure the Color Quality is 32 bit not 16 bit 5. Click Apply then OK =)

Last edited by xXChrisXx (2008-08-24 22:57:05)

aich
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: [b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual

[quote=xXChrisXx]:arrow: Try this 1. Right click your desktop 2.Click Properties 3.Click the Settings Tab 4.Under Settings Tab make sure the Color Quality is 32 bit not 16 bit 5. Click Apply then OK =) Last edited by xXChrisXx (Tod[/quote] Thanks. But mine is already 32 bit.
Psyanne
» FTalker
1969-12-31

from http://www.real-knowledge.com/transico.htm How To Restore Desktop Icons Back To Their Transparent State The labels to the icons on your Desktop are set to transparent in Windows XP to give them a smoother look and make them blend in better with the background you are using. This is a visual effects feature know as drop shadow. If your Desktop icons are no longer transparent and have a colored background around their labels, then this technical brief will show you how restore their look back to transparent view. For Windows XP 1. Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button. 2. Then click on the Control Panel icon located in the right column of the Start Menu. 3. If your Start Menu is set to the Classic View, then begin by clicking on the Start Button. 4. Then click on Settings, then click on the Control Panel icon to open up the Control Panel. 5. Now, Double click on the System icon to open up the System Properties window. 6. Now click on the Advanced tab located at the top of the screen. 7. Then click on the Settings button located within the Performance section. 8. This will open up the Performance Options window for you. 9. The Visual Effects tab is opened by default allowing you to scroll down the listing. 10. Scroll down and place a check mark next to Use drop shadows for icon labels on the Desktop. 11. Then click on the OK button to save the changes and then close all the remaining open windows.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]Don't tell me to do this one:[/b] [spoiler]]1. Click on Start 1. Choose Control Panel 2. Click on System Icon 3. Choose the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under "Performance" 4. Under the "Visual

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 05:14

[ 10 queries - 0.014 second ]
Privacy Policy