• ARCHIVES 
  • » We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been tra

Pages: 1

We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been tra

eBay Ghost
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been tra

We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been training, how often you train and so on. Let's start. I've been trainnig for about 4 years now, i'm a WHITE belter in Karate (no kidding) and i've combined Karatedo, Taekwondo, Aikido and Jujitsu (i know just a little of both). I usually practice at night before i go to sleep. I used to attend session weekdays but since i'm already working i only attend 3-4 sessions a month. NOTE: I've NEVER used my knowledge in anyone, ever. I've had several confrontations but i've managed to sort things out peacefully. I'm affraid to use this knowledge.
akuzet16
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been tra

[color=hotpink]i dunn hve any experience abt. this one. i wanna learn taekwondo so that i hve a self-defenz. but em afraid cause i might get hurt! =| `JULIENE`♥[/color]
eBay Ghost
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been tra

Getting hurt is part of the training. No need to worry about that. You'll get used to it. :D
gladz23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i used to trained in aikido and karatedo.. sad part thing is im still whith belter too. whaha.. in karatedo.. im yellow belter.. but i stop bec of an accident happend to me and busy school.. karatedo is so fun 4 me.. easy.. somtyms.. and it hurts so much..^^ shurin ryu is the style of my karate.. in case if u dont know.. there i think 5 styles.. wanna go back to my training.. but seems imposible :crybaby: bec im college now and so many things to do.. :cry: anyways.. just wannna shrare that to u.. ^^.. KIAAA!!
Tormented
» n00b
1969-12-31

well.. im high red in tae kwon do... hopefully next month low brown^^, i have been studying the art for like 2 years... or so... it started as a past time^^, then i got into it^^< its fun^^, i have played in some local tournaments..like Samsung [never been Gold] got tons of samsung T- Shirt!^^, well our practice starts with..like a ceremony..where we meditate... and respect or bow to the flag and instructor...then we start to warm up...then some drills.. after maybe 40 mins..we group ourselves according to belts...then practice our tai juk and pal gue..^^, after that... we watch ...and observe some Study Spar... or Free Spar... [Study Spar [w/o armor , no power with kicks...controlled] Free Spar[with armor...like a real match] then we make some drills...then form..fix our uniform...then bow again to our higher belts..."Charut kako de haryu, kyung rei..] sori if misspelled..^^, thats it^^, sori if its so long^^,

Last edited by Tormented (2008-09-14 12:12:50)

Tormented
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=akuzet16]but em afraid cause i might get hurt![/quote] well... ^^, the instructors are professionals they will know if its enough or just right for you... they wont let you spar at the 1st day...>_< lol...:D probably you will feel insecure..>_< best advise..Follow what the instructor orders..>_< on my 1st day..i really hate the split^^, well >_< it really does hurt...well now... i cant split.. but i can do a turning long^^, Favorit Move: [spoiler]45 degree kick, then Jumping 2rning 45... then a turning side kick[/spoiler]
eBay Ghost
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Thanks for sharing everyone. At first I was affraid to spar because who would want to get hurt, right? But once you start to fight you'll notice that the other person is holding back on you, intentionally of course, which was a surpise for me! I thought they were fighting with all they have, you know, trying to know the other person cold. But of course that is not the point for spars, the point for that is for you to test what you've learned while controlling the amount of energy you are using. But accidents do happen for sparrings, there are times that, for example, you are too close when your opponent is delivering a punch and wasn't able to stop the punch right away. Quite hurts but it's ok, you'll get used to it. just keep your head cool.
jesusfreaks
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I heard a saying that "inorder for a person to be a better fighter he/she needs to learn first how to heal people because its easy to hurt people but its hard to heal them"-steven seagal
eBay Ghost
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Absolutely agree on that. Hurting, and I mean really hurting someone, is very easy. But there are times that it is erally necessary, you know, just to put them on the right mind. But thank God there was never a time that I had to use what i've learn to hurt others.
freak_emo
» FTalker
1969-12-31

im black in tkd...
gladz23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=freak_emo]im black in tkd...[/quote] wow.. a bow 4 you^^.. :D well.. i miss karatedo.. hopefully gonna go back.. when i have a tymm.. ^^
shekinah.xoxo
» FTalker
1969-12-31

my sport is TAEKWONDO. i've learned a lot of things from my sport.:)
jhoizse
» n00b
1969-12-31

THEY HAVE SIMILARITIES IN POOMSAE ii THiiNK ;]] BUT IM A TAEK ADDICT
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » We are not going to compare the two arts here, like which is better and so on, ok? Let's share our knowledge about the art, like training methods, the "technique" you created, how long you've been tra

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 11:25

[ 10 queries - 0.018 second ]
Privacy Policy