• » How?? pls help me thanks ^_^

Pages: 123

How?? pls help me thanks ^_^

Vista
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: How?? pls help me thanks ^_^

formating will delete all files, but if u backup it 1st, u still hav ur files. lol all the programs, software, u dont hav to backup, cuz u still can find all that on the internet. but if u hav the installer, u can backup it. what is very important is ur music, document, and all important data that u save in ur com. jz copy it all into usb/pendrive. after u finish reformat ur pc, jz copy it back to ur hardisk. simple. my suggestion: create two partition. one for your OS, and one for your important data. so in the future, when u hav prob(ex. pc crash, cant start window) jz format it using the 1st partition which is your OS partition. all ur important data will still be intact. cuz its in the other partition. [url=http://rapidshare.com/files/145593490/Activate_Genuine_In_Windows_Xp.rar]activate genuine in windows xp[/url]

Last edited by Vista (2008-10-07 02:22:01)

akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

yup always use two partition to save time on reformating. And for the links :D let the e*** report it. lolz :lol: Helping is not that bad, Dont have to display to everybody you report it :lol: The mods are not blind .

Last edited by akoba (2008-10-07 02:35:12)

toshiyaDEG
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

how will i able to create two partitions?? is one partition refer to local disk (ex. local disk C <- partition 1, local disk D <--partition 2)???
akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=toshiyaDEG]how will i able to create two partitions?? is one partition refer to local disk (ex. local disk C <- partition 1, local disk D <--partition 2)???[/quote] Thats correct
toshiyaDEG
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Ahh i see.. my nose is bleeding on some techie grammars here.. thanks for helping me.. ^^
akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Anytime :) We can share info. Just ask =)
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

im using Windows XP Sp3 can i reformat to Sp2 ayt? how to back up the files so that it will no get deleteD? im gonna back up some pictures... so that it will not get deleted/...

Last edited by moonrays00 (2008-11-14 04:32:55)

unmaskedluke
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

yes u can. if u hav the installation cd for windows xp sp2. =) u can copy all the important data (pic, music, document.etc) into a usb pendrive, or burn into a cd. when u hav finished reformatting ur pc, jz copy it all back to ur hardisk.
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=unmaskedluke]yes u can. if u hav the installation cd for windows xp sp2. =) u can copy all the important data (pic, music, document.etc) into a usb pendrive, or burn into a cd. when u hav finished reformatting ur pc, jz copy it all back to ur hardisk.[/quote] tnx i have a cd.. what burner ill use to burn the image?
unmaskedluke
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^well..u can use [b]Nero[/b]. but u can't burn anything to a cd if ur cd-rom doesnt support cd-burning.
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

now its time to reformat ^^ [quote=akoba]yeah window formatting and fresh install is not that hard. It looks hard and scary, but in reality it's not. Just read and follow the "on Screen Instruction" .=) Here's the simple text instruction as i remember. lol this is just a simple tutorial . . .just simple but sometimes very helpful. While still in Windows, place your XP disk into your disk drive (sometimes a window will appear, simply close this). Simply reboot (restart) your PC while the disk is still in your drive. Reboot your PC from your Windows Disk. After restarting your machine (a few seconds wait) you should be presented with this option: Press any key to boot from CD. Simply press any key and your on your way for a fresh install of Windows XP!. ****If you did not receive this message then your PC does not have your cd drive as the first boot-up option. You have to set it up first*** Simply restart your machine and enter BIOS (this is done by pressing a key when you machine makes that weird start up noise.) The key to press will be displayed on the monitor. After entering BIOS you are looking for start-up sequence or boot options - make sure the CD drive is selected first. Restart your PC and everything should be ok. Click INSTALL WINDOWS, this gives you a fresh installation. You will be asked now if you wish to create a new partition. To begin with select the partition you already have and press D to delete. Press ENTER to confirm and then L to confirm deletion. This process will now erase everything off your hard drive. If your copy of windows xp is damaged or lost then you will need to buy an official copy. Ok lets move on... we need to create a new partition. Simply press C. Dont worry about the size of this partition, lets just get installing by pressing ENTER. Next, select the partition that we have just created by pressing ENTER. All we have to do now is select the first option available to us (format the partition by using the NTFS file system/Quick). Windows should now be installing and the screen in front of you will now look more familiar. ***Installation takes some minutes (depending on how powerful your PC is)**** so its a good time to get your product activation key ready. Your next task is to carefully enter your product activation key. This can be found in either your Windows XP manual or on the back of your PC case. Then select Typical network settings when prompted and then Windows will finish the installation. ****Windows will detect most of your hardware but you will still need most of your hardware installation disks to ensure a smooth install. **** Hope it helps and give you the idea on what you will saw on the youtube video i share :) Last edited by akoba (2008-10-05 08:59:16[/quote] is this the instruction? im a bit confused :paranoid: QUESTION: when i reformat.. do i reinstall the hardware again? im a bit scared :lol: its my 1st time to reformat... hmmm

Last edited by moonrays00 (2008-11-14 05:08:14)

akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=moonrays00]QUESTION: when i reformat.. do i reinstall the hardware again? im a bit scared :lol: its my 1st time to reformat... hmmm[/quote] nope.. its still remain on you system. It will automatically install the hardware drivers you have one your pc . All you have to do is READ the On Screen instruction . Dont be on a hurry. Windows will wait for your command. I assure you its not that hard. All you need is patience cause it will take time to reinstall os on reformated hard drive and setting up your XP. Reformating and Installing OS will take about 20 mins Setting up Xp will take about 50 mins.

Last edited by akoba (2008-11-14 05:15:27)

moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=moonrays00]While still in Windows[/quote] what you mean by this? while im on the desktop?
akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=moonrays00]what you mean by this? while im on the desktop?[/quote] Its on your post hy you dont know what it means. Did you write those? Anyway back to topic Wacth the video for you to have idea how it looks and how to follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2Ffm33DhA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOTxUEvbjLQ [b]NOTE: Do not remove the installation cd untill it finish instlling the windows XP[/b]
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=akoba][quote=moonrays00]what you mean by this? while im on the desktop?[/quote] Its on your post hy you dont know what it means. Did you write those? Anyway back to topic Wacth the video for you to have idea how it looks and how to follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2Ffm33DhA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOTxUEvbjLQ [b]NOTE: Do not remove the installation cd untill it finish instlling the windows XP[/b][/quote] finish reformatting it... where is my other drive?
akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=moonrays00]finish reformatting it... where is my other drive?[/quote] Did you create partition during format? or not? If not you have to redo it again and choose " create partition " so you can have other drive.
moonrays00
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=akoba]Did you create partition during format? or not? If not you have to redo it again and choose " create partition " so you can have other drive.[/quote] i do reformat again? tsk tsk tsk
peasatbskills
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=moonrays00]is this the instruction? im a bit confused :paranoid: QUESTION: when i reformat.. do i reinstall the hardware again? im a bit scared :lol: its my 1st time to reformat... hmmm Last edited by moonrays00 (Yesterday 18:08:14)[/quote] 1st--back up all ur data in C:\Documents and Settings\[b]ur user[/b] 2nd--all data in D drive no need to delete or transfer 3rd--find windows xp cd (better use sp2 pack ) 4--insert ur cd, restart ur compter... 5--wait until u see "[b]press any key to boot from cd/ dvd[/b]" 6--press any key, wait until the blue screen shows about the drive "hard disk' imformation 7--[b]move line on C drive only[/b], then delete the partition by read the instruction given... 8--create new partition, this will automatickly rename back as c drive 9--after finish that process, install windows by press ENTER button...( line on C Drive only ) 10--wait until it finish and for the second restart do not PRESS ANY KEY when it show to [b]press any key to boot from cd[/b]. 11--wait until finish, it will automaticly finish the process 12--enter ur little bit information if asked...eg: ur username, password..etc 13-last step, enjoy ur new windows installation... [spoiler]DONT FORGET TO PREPARE UR COMPTER DRIVER CD...if not, u will get some trouble...haha:penguin:[/spoiler] :thumbsup:
akoba
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=peasatbskills]DONT FORGET TO PREPARE UR COMPTER DRIVER CD...if not, u will get some trouble...haha:penguin:[/quote] hahahaha how many times do you reformat ur HD? If its factory made those drivers always stay on the system. If its DIY then you have to prepare the necessary driver for each hardware.
peasatbskills
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=akoba]hahahaha how many times do you reformat ur HD? If its factory made those drivers always stay on the system. If its DIY then you have to prepare the necessary driver for each hardware.[/quote] owh, i lways reformat all my DISK when i need to install new windows os, its is better... it will delete all the data including undetected virus..=) but i will make sure to bacup all my inportant data to use for next time... note: every computer has its own driver, cant change with other computer unless it is the same model... hahahahahahahahhaaaaaa....:lol:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » How?? pls help me thanks ^_^

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 10:37

[ 9 queries - 0.030 second ]
Privacy Policy