• ARCHIVES 
  • » waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can

Pages: 12

waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can

blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can

waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can’t be impulsive. Talk to your veterinarian, read books by qualified experts, and learn about this new family member. Start off by being properly informed about what cats need, and you’ll see your relationship blossom as your kitty grows into a well-socialized, well-behaved feline. 2. Start out with the right equipment. There are so many litter boxes, litters, scratching posts, toys, and beds -- and the list goes on. How do you know what your cat needs? Resist the urge to buy a product based on its human appeal. Think Like a Cat and look at a product from your cat’s point of view. For example, a covered litter box is designed to hide the sight and odor of its contents from us. Unfortunately, the cover also traps the odor in the box, making it unpleasant for the cat. An uncovered box that’s the right size for your cat would be in line with what Fluffy would choose if she had control of your wallet. Use that same Think Like a Cat eye-view when deciding on other products. Is that scratching post appealing to you because it’s small and easily hidden in a corner? If so, that decision may cost you some damage to your furniture, because Fluffy would prefer something tall and sturdy. 3. Make your home cat-safe. This is crucial when a cat comes into the home. Dangling electrical cords are enticing to a playful cat, so you should firmly secure all wires. Plants pose another danger, and almost all houseplants are toxic to cats. Remove plants that are harmful, or use a bitter anti-chew spray made especially for plants (found in pet supply stores.) A dangling window-blind cord is another potential hazard. Cats also love to crawl into tight hiding places, and that could mean trouble if you close a closet door or dresser drawer and kitty is stuck in there. You’ll find lots of helpful products in the baby safety section of your local home improvement store. Many of these products will help the new cat owner as well. Cats can get into things you’d never suspect they were capable of, so safety is of the utmost importance. 4. Make your home cat-friendly. It may be hard for a cat to resist scaling the curtains or prancing across the top of the bookcase. Cats love to climb, leap, pounce, and balance. This is normal cat behavior, so don’t reprimand your cat for doing what comes naturally. Instead, provide acceptable outlets for that behavior by having cat trees, perches, and scratching posts in order to make your environment cat-friendly. Provide areas for safe exploration, cozy naps, climbing, jumping, playing, and just plain fun! 5. Remember -- your cat is not a dog. I know it may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many times I see cats eating dog food or being bathed in dog shampoo. Use food and other products that are specifically designed for cats. Many products that are safe for dogs are not safe for a cat’s sensitive skin. When it comes to food, cats require more fat and protein, so if Fluffy eats Fido’s food, she won’t be getting enough of the nutrients she needs. credits:Yahoo!Pets
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can

Nice share! ;) [b]Cats are really lovely companions like dogs.[/b] I can't understand why most Pinoys don't take the effort to know them. :cry: The reason why a lot of cats are undisciplined is simply because no cares for them. We have a stray cat that's been hanging out at the building lobby. A week after the security guard befriended him (the cat), he's become really sweet. And he's been killing some mice since he got here, it was cool. We called him [i]Blue Ice[/i] coz his eyes are beautifully blue. :P

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-07 18:19:54)

shunz_7
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can

[b]^wow...nyc tips.. too bad i dnt own a cat![/b]
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i knew ate padme will post here..hihihi...much welcome....i just was browsing....i saw this i thought wait there are cat lovers here at ftalk so i decided to post this one...im glad you like it =)
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Haha! Yeah you guessed right. :lol: Hmmm, wonder who else are cat lovers in the forum.
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yes i got this akward feeling ecause ftlakers are not too active these days i hope they visit in weekends
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ School's back.. am sure that's one reason. :|
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yes.....the main reason!! :lol:
litto_gurl_jo
» n00b
1969-12-31

no offense :| I dont like cats
humandoll'RIA
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow thanks for the info..i have a new cat ^^ so happy
sweethearts_07
» n00b
1969-12-31

[i]nice tips you got there![/i]
pinkblack08
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=litto_gurl_jo]no offense :| I dont like cats[/quote] me too..don't like them
badchitta
» n00b
1969-12-31

[img]http://photos-339.friendster.com/e1/photos/93/31/15641339/341733875m.jpg[/img] i love cats... thnx for sharing.. btw this is my cat... ^^
Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

whew i hate cats...
YuKiKo KwAn
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i dun hv a cat..but love 2 hv one...bcause cat is me...so spoiled.... :P
joyens
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

we both love our cat and dog ..wer treting both as like a human.wer slep togeder at night..hehehehe
tankdriver
» FTalker
1969-12-31

dat was the one of a kind tip!!!
_vanilla_ O_o
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow.. thanks for the tips.. i love kitties!
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Thanks for sharing.. I'm starting to consider cat as my pet...
FJ almighty
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

tnx 4 d info
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » waa!!!for the cat fanatics!!!just read and learn lol... 5 Tips for New Cat Owners 1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:55

[ 11 queries - 0.020 second ]
Privacy Policy