• ARCHIVES 
  • » [quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b]

Pages: 1

[quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b]

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b]

[quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b] in the rules made me confuse, is it allowed to promote site via siggy ? I need an explanation about the rules. Beside that, about the scope. What are the sites that can be promoted here. Or there is no site at all. Thx in advance for your kind attention. I really need this explanation to guide me, what to do.

Last edited by andHa (2008-11-19 03:01:52)

Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b]

^ Yeah. I saw some members used forum link on their sig. So shall we remove any link that redirect to putnamehere forum ? [b]13. Any kind of sales and promotion using forum post, private message, or any other forum features is not allowed.[/b]
anne.24
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: [quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b]

There is this member who promoted his forum using his sig, I warned him once, but he ignored it, so I sorta removed his sig. =| Is it actually allowed?
portuniecho
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

That's what I'm questioning to myself also. What's with the rule number 13. :paranoid: If many members putting some links of their site to their signature. Isn't it kinda promoting their site?. :paranoid: What should we do about that?. [b][quote]What's allowed and what's not allowed in signatures?. :/[/quote] [/b] I will post my "[i]What's allowed and what's not allowed[/i]" later. You can post yours. So we can come up with one decision :)

Last edited by portuniecho (2008-11-19 06:00:36)

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Yah. There are so many siggies that promoted other site now. Maybe we didn't notice this case. But since we didn't take this case to our priority, it's growing unexpectedly. Frankly, many members here haven't read the rules or comprehended it well. When they saw other members were promoting site via siggies, they concluded that was a legal action. In short, they took those wrong members as their rasper. If we wish to stop this, we have to stop their rasper. And we need a clear scope of the rules. What is allowed and what is not allowed.
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ That's the current phenomena here. Though some members PM'd me to join their forums. Ohoho. Welcome to the Jupiter-banning. :lol: So [i]what kind of link is not allowed?[/i] [li] Link to other forum (Not ftalk) [/li] [i]What kind of link is allowed?[/i] [li] Link to your fs profile, fs blog, ftalk thread. [/li] - - - How about links like Imeem, Animu List, LF, Blogs, Your own web, or other networking site? :ninja: Anyway, will continue this tomorrow. Gotta off nao. Jaa minna~ :penguin:

Last edited by Jirichi Ryunashira (2008-11-19 10:10:38)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Promoting though advertising... Example: Promoting through post and private message. In this situation. Force and invitation are applied by the promoter. In this case, we can act and block the certain hard headed promoter... [b]Example message:[/b][quote]Join our forum! View this site! Win money or rapidshare accounts! Click here![/quote] Signatures on the other hand, serves insignificance... If the signature doesn't contain any force or invitation gestures, don't bother... Good examples are signatures of Yuna and Anne. You're not forcing or inviting anyone... The link is just there... To be clicked or not is a member's decision. I think we should only remove those signature with invitational motives. [b]Example Signatures:[/b][quote]Join our forum! View this site! Win money or rapidshare accounts! Click here![/quote] :penguin:

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-11-20 04:04:00)

anne.24
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

how bout this dude that I've warned twice :question: [url=http://theftalk.com/profile.php?id=167644]click[/url] first :arrow: VISIT BERASTAGI'S FORUM second :arrow: click here to visit my forum

Last edited by anne.24 (2008-11-20 04:12:29)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

He already changed that... =)
anne.24
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[img]http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/christianbeken/MyForum.jpg[/img] ^so.. to have [u]that[/u] in sig is fyne? :)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Wow, he brought it back. :penguin: :lol:
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral]Signatures on the other hand, serves insignificance... If the signature doesn't contain any force or invitation gestures, don't bother...[/quote] Well. Thx ephe. Okay, i'll try to draw a conclusion. Siggies that contain images or/and text w/o promotion context are legal. But when siggies came with images or/and text that have promotion context, we can say that an illegal siggies. How bout siggies that put links explicitly ?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Delete, delete, delete! :lol: Anyway, shall we start the signature removal campaign? :lol:

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-11-22 10:06:21)

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Good idea ephe. Let [i]them[/i] (read: members) know, what to do wif their siggies. And don't push the [i]signature remover heroes[/i] (read: mods) to omit their siggies. =D
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Anyway, let us just remember. [quote=andHa]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts.[/b][/quote] Signature isn't a post. :lol: Let us be bias and fair. Only remove those explicit or direct invitational signatures. Also, remove those signatures with download links and rapidshare etc... :penguin:
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^ hha. that's why ephe. my bad, i didn't realize the #13 rule before. and i thou the #6 rule isn't strong enough, because it's focus is only on the posts. i was asking myself, how if members promote any sites thru the siggies ? then yuna posted the #13 rule, and that rule has answered my confusion. [quote=andHa]The word posts in the rules made me confuse, is it allowed to promote site via siggy ?[/quote] I asked that, because i know that post isn't a siggy. :D Thx for that explanation ephe. Appreciate it very much. :D
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [quote]6. No other forum/site promotion [b]posts[/b].[/quote] I cudn't take the point of this rule. Honestly, i found many members here promoting other forum/site in their siggy. The word [b]posts[/b]

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 23:35

[ 12 queries - 0.031 second ]
Privacy Policy