• ARCHIVES 
  • » [align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Ra

Pages: 1

[align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Ra

princess_prince
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Ra

[align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Rate[/b] : ALL [b]Voice Actors[/b] : Kanae Kotonami - Risa Hayamizu Kyoko Mogami - Marina Inoue Lory Takarada - Kouji Ishii Maria Takarada - Hiromi Konno Ren Tsuruga - Katsuyuki Konishi Sho Fuwa - Mamoru Miyano Shoko Aki - Rio Natsuki Takenori Sawara - Kenji Hamada Yukihito Yashiro - Masahito Kawanago [b]Plot[/b]: The story of Skip-Beat! is about Kyoko Mogami, a wistful yet cheery sixteen year-old girl who loves her childhood friend, Shotaro, but is cruelly betrayed and thus seeks revenge against him. She used to spend a lot of time at Shotaro's parents' inn and learned a lot about housekeeping, hostelry, and other stereotypically correct feminine jobs (sewing, cooking, serving tea traditionally, etc.). Shotaro, not wishing to take over his parents' inn, becomes bored of living in Kyoto and decides to move to Tokyo to pursue a career in music. Sho, as he is called by his fans, asks Kyoko to leave high school in Kyoto Prefecture and her life behind to help him. Upon arrival in Tokyo, Kyoko lives an unreasonably frugal life, spending nothing on herself and doing whatever she can for Sho, who is ranked seventh in the top twenty most popular entertainers of Japan. It appears that Shotaro never helps with the cost of food, apartment, or necessary products. However, one day as she brings him his lunch at a company building, she overhears Sho complaining about her to his manager, saying that she is a boring and plain girl that he'd like to be rid of, proceeding to sweet-talk and flirt with his manager, whereas he hadn't even put his arm around Kyoko in her life. Unlike other heroines in the same situation, Kyoko doesn't shed many tears when she learns that Sho thinks she's only good for housekeeping. Instead, her "Pandora's box" opens and she vows vengeance on Shotaro. Enraged, Kyoko attempts to attack Sho, but is instantly carried off by security. Sho mockingly tells her that if she wants revenge, she had better become a bigger star than him. And so Kyoko, vowing revenge, changed her appearance and started to enter the entertainment business. Little did she know that her journey will not go as smooth as she thought. Skip Beat follows Kyoko's journey to climb the showbiz ladder as she meets interesting people along the way, all in the hopes of revenge and finding herself in the end. [b]Character[/b]: [color=blue]Mogami Kyoko (最上 キョーコ)[/color]: Instead of staying home and attending High School in Kyoto, Kyoko travels with her childhood friend Shō Fuwa to Tokyo to help him while he makes it big as an idol. When she finds out he only invited her so she could be his maid, her heart and innocence are shattered. More vengeful than depressed, she swears to avenge herself. Shō comments the only way to do this would be to beat him in show business, so that's what she decides to do. She changes her hair style and begins the task of applying to Shō's rival company, L.M.E. While her audition stood out, the president of the company realized that she lacked the key point needed to become an idol: love, as without genuine love for this profession and for the audience, she cannot make it far in this world. However, despite her failure, she had such an interesting and impressionable audition (she did katsura-muki as her talent portion) that Kyoko is given a second chance. The L.M.E. "Love Me" section is thus founded. Lory makes a deal with Kyoko that if she whole-heartedly completes all the jobs given to her as a love-me employee to the client's satisfaction (which is determined by how many points they stamp onto her record book), by the end of certain period of time, when she has accumulated enough points, she will be given a grand debut. Thus begins her journey into the show business world. [color=purple]Tsuraga Ren (敦賀 蓮)[/color]: Ren is, in outward appearances, an extremely nice and polite star. However, he shows his true self whenever he deals with Kyoko.He was originally unhappy with Kyoko, because she joined show business for revenge. However, he gradually warms up towards her. Realizing that she isn't just trying to become an actress for revenge, and supports her growth as a budding idol. Although at times teasing, he is in love with Kyoko. For example, he does not allow himself to be near her alone sometimes, because the urge to hold her is increasing. (In volume twelve, when Kyoko falls, after trying to get a pot from the cabinet and, instead of getting her head and butt hurt, Ren puts his hands in front of both parts, and hugs her despite himself). He quickly recovered so that Kyoko would not discover his mistake. He has also hugged her in Act 98-99 after Reino, Kyoko's stalker, tells her that "Corn" might be dead; not wanting to see Kyoko cry and, as a result of another one of his urges, he holds her tight and tells her that Corn is fine. Back when he was a kid,he became friends with Kyoko.But to this day,Kyoko still pronounces his name wrong,calling him "Corn". He also hates Sho Fuwa, because of his ties to Kyoko. Some of the people closest to him have begun to notice his feelings for Kyoko, namely, Ren's manager, Yashiro and the agency's president, Takarada. [color=gray]Fuwa Sho (不破 尚)[/color]: His real name is Shōtarō (松太郎, Shōtarō?). He keeps it a secret because he finds it a very old-fashioned and traditional name. He is a typical stuck-up star, and is also very ruthless. Shō had no qualms about tricking Kyoko into going with him to Tokyo so she could be a free servant for him. He also had even less qualms about being extremely cruel to her when she discovered this. Shō eventually figured out that Kyoko was in L.M.E., and was surprised to see her transformation. It is also revealed that he has more feelings for her than he originally thought, such as in Act. 82 when he personally brought some medical cream for the cut in Kyoko's face (caused by him), and apologised sincerely. Most notably during the Dark Moon shoot over a resort, Kyoko's stalker Reino announced in front of Sho, that he plans to steal her away from him. Reino from the band Vie Ghoul had stolen one of Sho's music sheets/songs previously planning to use it for their own success. When Reino chased Kyoko through the forest, Sho followed pursuit and was the one who protected Kyoko even calling Kyoko "his woman". However this scene was not seen nor heard by Kyoko. [color=pink]Kanae Kotonami (琴南 奏江)[/color]: Kotonami's character, at first glance, looks like she was being set up to be the villain to Kyoko's angel, but as with all of the female characters in this series, Kanae is much nicer than she appears. While there was fur flying about at the beginning, both girls have a need for a true friend, and ultimately find that in each other (albeit reluctantly on Kanae's part and too willingly on Kyoko's part. After their tag-team effort in winning an audition for a commercial, the two becomes best friends. Kyoko likes to call her "Moko"). Despite some differences in their personality, both girls recognize that they are in fact very similar, most notably their desperate determination to reach the top of the show-biz pyramid. Both coming from a poor family, they both strive endlessly to achieve their dreams. This, they recognize in each other, thus leading them to become friends. They are both incredible actresses with a great deal of respect for each other's talents. Kanae desperately wanted to be a star and was at the same audition as Kyoko, but although she did better than Kyoko, she also failed. She became the second member of Love Me, and has used that to her advantage. Kanae puts up a strong front, but is very self-conscious and is prone to self doubt. It is later revealed that Kotonami has problem dealing with kids, stemming from the fact that she comes from a large family with an obscenely large amount of younger nieces, nephews, and siblings. Although her attitude towards Kyoko may seem aloof at times, it is clear that she values their friendship, as she reluctantly shares her secret with Kyoko when she fears her unwillingness to share her troubles might drive Kyoko away. [color=green]Yukihito Yashiro (社 倖一)[/color]: He is Ren's persistent manager. When first seen he is serious and all about work, later on we see that he is actually not that serious and is used for comic relef. At first when he met Kyōko, he noticed Ren didn't seem to like her much. However as he begins to see Ren's love for her, Yashiro shows his support. He even goes to the extent as to try to get Ren and Kyōko alone together so Ren can make a move, such as telling Kyoko to go to Ren's place to make dinner for him (Act. 66). And telling Kyoko the truth(Act.57, during the acting test when Kyoko got stuck,Yashiro tells Kyoko how Ren is in love with her. But Kyoko was lost in thought when he said it and didn't hear him.) He must use latex gloves when handling any electronics, including his own cell phone, because any electronic device that he touches directly will soon be rendered broken and useless. In particular, he has mentioned that a cell phone will die after about 10 seconds of direct exposure to his skin. (On at least one occasion, Yashiro attempted to coerce Ren into telling him Kyoko's secret by holding Ren's own cell phone captive, which contains many online dictionaries that Ren uses to understand some less familiar words in scripts, in his bare hand.) Kyoko has theorized that Yashiro naturally transmits strong electric waves. He seems to be an extremely dedicated manager, as he has much, if not all, of Ren's schedule planned out about one year in advance (Kyoko learns this when she briefly took over for him as Ren's manager when he was too ill to work). In an extra strip in volume 11, it is revealed that the main reason Ren has never been late to a job, despite the crowds of fans that appear nearly everywhere he goes and clearly wish to mob him, is that Yashiro can stop even the most fervid fans in their tracks with a mere cold glance. He also doesn't know how to drive, which is why Ren is always seen doing the driving. [color=yellow]Lory Takarada (ローリィ宝田)[/color]: He is the president of L.M.E, and is very showy. He is one of the first people to recognize Kyoko's promise of being a great star, and created the "Love Me" section because of this. He seems genuinely concerned for Kyoko and wonders what happened in her past to cause her to lose the ability to love. He learns in Vol. 4 that Kyoko has no father and a bad relationship with her mother but does not know the details. Later, when he learned that she dropped out of school he arranges for her to attend a high school that is pretty flexible for students working in show business.Lory has a very deep voice, and often has a huge entourage with him to create the world's greatest and sometimes strangest entrances. He also has a granddaughter, Maria, who idolizes Kyoko. He also knows that Ren is really Kuon Hizuri, a secret everyone else doesn't know about except for himself,Ren, and Ren's family. If you refer to Act:77 Access to the Blue, you see that President Takarada now knows that Ren is in love with Kyoko. [color=red]Maria Takarada (宝田 マリア)[/color]: Maria is the granddaughter of the president of L.M.E. and used to use her cute appearance to get people's sympathy. She did so before Kyoko's audition, however Kyoko recognized this, and called her out on it. While some people would be angry at Kyoko, Maria began to idolize her, and views her as an ultimate big sister. Maria also suffered from a huge guilt complex from her believing that she is the cause of her mother's death (when she was young she called her mom when she was on a plane to come back, but on the way doing so the plane crashed, kllling her). As a result, Maria was unable to talk or even be around her father, since she thought that he hated her. Kyoko managed to make Maria understand that her father didn't hate her, or think that Maria caused her mother's death. Maria also loves to dabble with black magic (along with Kyoko's side) and has a large crush on Ren Tsuruga. [color=orange]Shoko Aki(安芸 祥子)[/color]: Shoko Aki is Sho Fuwa's manager. Since he and Kyoko spilt he's been living at her place. Actually he was already living at her place most of the time even when he was still living with Kyoko. Though Shoko and Kyoko actually get along okay. He also constantly flirts with her. Shoko Aki herself wanted to become an actress (Act.85), but decided she didn't have the talent for it. But she still wanted work that was connected with Show business, and got a good job as a manager. She also notices that Sho has fallen for Kyoko. [b]Screen shots[/b]: [spoiler][img]http://i33.tinypic.com/1zofhcn.jpg[/img] [img]http://i37.tinypic.com/vwq4pd.jpg[/img] [img]http://i34.tinypic.com/2m2jazr.jpg[/img][/spoiler] [/align] [hr] it a very funny series cause after Kyoko seen her boyfriend(Sho) with another woman her box was opened .. and she began cursing over Sho! she wanted to humiliate Sho by entering the show business and she did a lot of things for her to enter .. she scared the chief producer for her to enter .. when she's anger she's so funny .. she's always cursing Sho and Ren!

Last edited by princess_prince (2008-11-29 21:24:39)

hanabi_suigintou
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: [align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Ra

[b]even if i said i dun like the manga but i said the anime version is more worthy (LOL XD) BTW thanks for the review, and the episode 8 is out on CR right now^^[/b]
princess_prince
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: [align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Ra

[quote=hanabi_suigintou]even if i said i dun like the manga but i said the anime version is more worthy (LOL XD) BTW thanks for the review, and the episode 8 is out on CR right now^^[/quote] you don't like the [color=blue]manga[/color]? too bad :(! yea i know the [color=purple]anime[/color] version is funny :lol: your welcome :P and it took me only [color=orange]30 minutes[/color] to finish this post :P oh so your also in [color=green]crunchyroll[/color]? that's cool :D
oniongurl
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I already dropped the anime and manga. I was already left behind, Lolsss. Forgot where I am. Nevertheless, nice anime.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [align=center][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/34e6s93.jpg[/img] [b]Title [/b]: Skip Beat! [b]Genre[/b]: comedy, romance [b]Episodes [/b]: 8 (incomplete) [b]Anime Studio :[/b] Hal Film Maker [b]Ra

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 16:09

[ 10 queries - 0.024 second ]
Privacy Policy