• ARCHIVES 
  • » just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some

Pages: 1

just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some

kcired14
» FTalkFreak
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some

just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some topics with so many pages..and i can't find the exact post that i've been looking for..btw..it's only a request..:eh: tnx..:D
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some

I know what you mean. It's like in SMF, it shows every posts that has the keyword(s) from the search.
Dynasty-tweaker
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some

maybe it will be gr8,,, i agree to this for easier search.
rakzztar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

agree with u hehehehe
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

makes searches easier.. id go wi this! :D
ewenessgALLore
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Count me also.. I want this suggestion to search it easier.. But the negative side, members much choose the help section to ask other member than using the search engine..that's really spoon feeding!
charleneajose
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

yeah. i agree :D :thumbsup:
yh3t
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

i agree sweetie. :D :thumbsup: 'cause i'm finding that person and i see his post in the "................." but the pages are 300+ it would ate a lot of time if i would go and search each and every page. :wasted:
leslie815
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=yh3t]but the pages are 300+ it would ate a lot of time if i would go and search each and every page. :wasted:[/quote] yeah!..me too!..i agree!..
edriann007
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

that suggestion is great! it will also help members to lessen their search results.
kcired14
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

what can you say mods?:) tnx for the responses..:P
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I don't understand your suggestion :/ The current search feature at the top of the page already allows us to search whatever thread we what. We can even narrow the search my topic which reduces the number of post returned by the search function. Adding the same feature to each thread would not solve the problem you mention :o
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=bobcbar]I don't understand your suggestion :/ The current search feature at the top of the page already allows us to search whatever thread we what. We can even narrow the search my topic which reduces the number of post returned by the search function. Adding the same feature to each thread would not solve the problem you mention :o[/quote] Well, i think the TS's point is on how to search a specific post. I concluded that from this part. [quote=kcired14]and i can't find the exact post that i've been looking for[/quote] Well, the narrowest results that we will get when we do a search are the topic's links. We won't get any post's links. And the TS were having a hard time in searching post when the post came from a topic which consist of hundred post.

Last edited by andHa (2008-12-06 12:01:00)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=andHa]Well, i think the TS's point is on how to search a specific post. I concluded that from this part.[/quote] Thanks..understand now..like searching for an answer someone posted in a topic..almost impossible to find without reading each post or adding the link to your favorites for future use :O
dondon
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

You have a point there, Its hard to find who reply to your last post. but I think there is a much better way, instead of a search function to a certain thread. This is only my suggestion, if this is [u]possible[/u] only ;) we have "[b]show all post[/b]" link in our User CP. how about instead of 'show all post' we will change that to [b]"show all your [u]last[/u] post"[/b] where the username are there instead of others respond. [hr][hr] [b]This is an example:[/b] :arrow: [b]Show all post[/b] (before) [url]http://i37.tinypic.com/2lbjp7d.jpg[/url] ======== :arrow: [b]Show your Last post[/b] (After) [url]http://i38.tinypic.com/2drc8s4.jpg[/url] In the page you can see a "[b]bolded number[/b]" this is your last post. and at the right side, the name is change to your name instead of others. [hr][hr] In this way, we can trace all the members user's activity with their last post and a member will not get a hard time finding their post =) Its just only my suggestion ;)

Last edited by dondon (2008-12-06 20:15:01)

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Well, i think it can be implemented. But, we don't have to put the search engine in each topics. Just add some features to our current search engine. Eg. An input box to put the topic's title. So, when we want to search any posts, we have to insert the title of the topic, and the poster's username. And the results are the links to the specific post. Admin's power. Just wait for his responses. =)
ymm0t
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

I'm agree! For the position, i suggest to put the search engine in the footer :thumbsup:
cUtieAyu
» n00b
1969-12-31

wow! It's been a while since I last posted here... Anyway, I would like to add (if possible :D) the "Search all threads/forums" since sometimes I had a hard time recalling as to what thread/forum I saw this or that specific topic so sometimes I had to resort to searching from [b]news & announcement[/b] to [b]recycle bin[/b] one by one.... so it's a bit time-consuming for me... =|

Last edited by cUtieAyu (2008-12-31 09:16:10)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » just want to request a search engine inside every topic..for that it is more easy to search a specific reply or post..because the search engine hir in ftalk only searches the topic but there are some

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 18:28

[ 10 queries - 0.539 second ]
Privacy Policy