• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television se

Pages: 12344

[b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television se

Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television se

[b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television series, created by Tim Kring, which premiered on NBC on September 25, 2006. The show tells the story of several people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they realized they have incredible abilities" such as telepathy, time travel, flight and instantaneous regeneration. These people soon realize they have a role in preventing a catastrophe and saving mankind. The series emulates the writing style of American comic books with short, multi-episode story arcs that build upon a larger, more encompassing arc. Kring said "we have talked about where the show goes up to five seasons." When the series premiered in the United States, it was the night's most-watched program among adults aged 18-49, attracting 14.3 million viewers overall and receiving the highest rating for any NBC drama premiere in five years. On October 6, 2006, NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a full season, and on January 17, 2007, Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a second season. The second season of Heroes will consist of 24 episodes, and the first season of a new spinoff, Heroes: Origins, will include six episodes. The second season is scheduled to premiere on September 24, 2007[/quote] [quote][b]CHAR:[/b] Season one The show features an ensemble cast of twelve main characters. Although NBC's cast page lists only ten characters, Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins), who first appeared in the series' fifth episode, was an additional member of the original full-time cast. Later Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet) was upgraded from a recurring role to become the twelfth full-time cast member as of "Fallout". The main cast, not all of whom have been shown to possess powers, consists of: * [b]Claire Bennet (Hayden Panettiere)[/b], Mr. Bennet's adopted daughter, a high school cheerleader who lives in Odessa, Texas, and has a spontaneous regenerative ability. * [b]Noah Bennet (Jack Coleman)[/b], more commonly referred to as "Mr. Bennet" or "the Man in Horn-Rimmed Glasses", who works for the Primatech Paper Company, which is actually a cover operation for an organization that investigates people with superhuman abilities. * [b]Simone Deveaux (Tawny Cypress)[/b], an art dealer and gallery owner whose skepticism and complicated romantic life are tested. * [b]D.L. Hawkins (Leonard Roberts)[/b], the husband of Niki and father of Micah, has the power to alter his physical tangibility and phase through solid objects. * [b]Isaac Mendez (Santiago Cabrera)[/b], an artist living in New York who can paint future events during precognitive trances. He also writes and draws a comic book called 9th Wonders! which has also been shown to depict the future. He has problems with drugs. * [b]Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka)[/b], a programmer from Tokyo with the ability to manipulate the space-time continuum. He is convinced that he is a hero, and with other "special persons", he can change the future. * [b]Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg)[/b], a Los Angeles police officer with the ability to hear other people's thoughts. * [b]Nathan Petrelli (Adrian Pasdar)[/b], a New York Congressional candidate with the ability of self-propelled flight. * [b]Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia)[/b], a former hospice nurse and Nathan's younger brother. He is an empath with the ability to absorb the powers of others he has been near and recall them. * [b]Micah Sanders (Noah Gray-Cabey)[/b], D.L. and Niki's son and a child prodigy, Micah is a technopath, allowing him to "talk" to electrical devices, which gives him control of machines and electronic devices. * [b]Niki Sanders (Ali Larter)[/b], the wife of D.L. and mother of Micah. A former internet stripper from Las Vegas who exhibits superhuman strength and an alternate personality who goes by the name of Jessica. * [b]Mohinder Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy)[/b], a professor of genetics from India who travels to New York to investigate the death of his father, Chandra. Through his investigations, he comes into contact with people his father listed as possessing superhuman abilities. The main antagonist in season one is Sylar (Zachary Quinto), a serial killer who hunts super-powered individuals in order to take their abilities. Additionally, the first season slowly reveals who and what is responsible for a plot to destroy New York City. The series also features many guest and recurring characters, including friends and family of the main cast, criminals and villains, and other individuals with remarkable powers.[/quote] [quote][b]Season two[/b] Zachary Quinto and James Kyson Lee, who were recurring cast members in the first season, join the main cast for the second season. They are joined by new cast members David Anders, Dana Davis and Dania Ramírez. Santiago Cabrera, Tawny Cypress, and Leonard Roberts are not listed as part of the main cast. Heroes Season 2 is scheduled to air on September 24, 2007, as per the information for IMDB. * [b]Takezo Kensei (David Anders)[/b], a legendary 1,000 year old warrior. * [b]Ando Masahashi (James Kyson Lee)[/b], Hiro Nakamura's friend, coworker, and travelling companion. He does not have any superhuman abilities. * [b]Maya Herrera (Dania Ramírez)[/b], a Dominican who is on the run from the police. She has superhuman abilities, although they have not yet been revealed. * [b]Monica Dawson (Dana Davis)[/b], described as a "young hero" who is willing to "give up everything to help the people around her." She is a relative of D.L. Hawkins. * [b]Sylar (Zachary Quinto)[/b], a former watchmaker with an intuitive understanding of how things work. He is a serial killer who seeks out superhuman individuals, killing them in order to take their powers. Sylar has multiple acquired abilities.[/quote] [quote][b]PLOT:[/b] The plot of Heroes is designed to be similar to the stories of comic books. Like comic books, Heroes has large overall arcs and small arcs within the main arc. No matter what characters exist and what events make up a season, all seasons of Heroes will involve ordinary people who discover their abilities and their reactions to their self-discovery.[/quote] [quote][b]First season[/b] Each episode reveals new answers and questions and progresses the story and/or the characters. There is an overall arc of the first season that revolves around stopping an explosion of immense proportions that happens in the future. That arc is initially carried by two characters, Hiro Nakamura and Isaac Mendez, the former having seen the event in the future and the latter having painted it from his visions. The first four episodes of the first season revolved primarily around characters discovering their powers, dealing with the issues of normal life and coping with the consequences of their discovery. At the end of the fourth episode, a smaller arc began with the message "Save the cheerleader, save the world", which is tied to the explosion already foreseen. By the end of that arc, the characters slowly discovered their abilities and the existence of others like them, and some of them even began to realize the need to come together to prevent a catastrophe. As characters progress through the first season learning of others similar to them, the plot turns to the question of how the explosion seen in Hiro's trip to the future and Isaac's paintings will occur and what role the various characters will play to stop it or cause it. The helix is a symbol that appears quite frequently throughout the series. The helix symbol consists of an "S" shape from which three lines extend, with two on the left and one on the right. The "S" shape resembles a strand of RNA during transcription, which would make the lines extending outward the nucleotides during the transcription phase. In episode 12 ("Godsend") the symbol appears on the sword hilt and Ando Masahashi remarks that it appears to be a combination of two Kanji characters: 才 (Sai) meaning "Great Talent" and 与 (Yo) meaning "Godsend". During an interview at the Wizard World in Los Angeles, writer and Co-Producer Aron Coleite stated that it literally means "God sending great ability." Writer and co-executive producer Michael Green stated that the writers know it as "the helix." This symbol frequently appears as a pattern formed by mundane objects, but it also recurs on certain plot-significant items and on several characters: * On Peter Petrelli's 'stick drawing' while in hospital. * Horizontally on the computer screen while Mohinder Suresh is running his father's program. * On various paintings by Isaac Mendez. * On Jessica's back whenever she surfaces as Niki's alternate personality. When Jessica is repressed, the symbol does not appear on Niki's back. This also appeared on a painting of "Jessica" by Isaac. The symbol was hidden under an extra layer of paint. Later on, Jessica hides the symbol (an apparent tattoo) under a layer of foundation makeup. * On the front of Dr. Chandra Suresh's book, Activating Evolution. * On the hilt of a katana once owned by 17th century samurai Takezo Kensei. This katana is held by Hiro Nakamura. * On the top left corner of the 9th Wonders comic. * As a logo for Primatech Paper, in "Company Man". * On jewelry, most notably the Haitian's necklace and Hana Gitelman's earrings and ring. * On the flag and katana of a samurai in 1671, witnessed by Hiro Nakamura in the episode "How to Stop an Exploding Man" during the preview for Volume Two: Generations. * On D.L.'s right forearm in form of scarification. This is only shown in a deleted scene from "Genesis" featured in the Season 1 DVD.[/quote] [quote][b]Scar[/b] A mark consisting of two black parallel lines has been shown close to the neck of multiple super-powered characters. According to "Wireless, Part 4" and "How Do You Stop an Exploding Man, Part 1", the mark is the scar left by the two-pronged needle of a pneumatic injection device, which, as revealed in a biography of Hana Gitelman in the Heroes 360 experience, injects a radioisotope to allow tracking. All of the marked characters have had encounters with Mr. Bennet and/or the Haitian. The following have displayed it: * Matt Parkman * Ted Sprague * Hana Gitelman * Claude * Isaac Mendez[/quote] [quote][b]Ratings[/b] [b] USA TV Ratings[/b] Heroes was NBC's top-rated scripted show for the 2006-2007 television season, and the most successful of the shows which debuted in that period. It ranked twenty-first in the ratings, with an average of 14.3 million viewers in the United States. [b]UK TV Ratings[/b] The series aired first on Sci Fi UK. The premiere attracted 579,000 viewers on its first showing; with three repeat showings averaging 150,000. The series averaged 450,000 viewers, almost four times more than any other viewership for a program on this channel. Terrestrial airing began on BBC2 on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 9:00 p.m., and for the first time in HD in the UK on BBC HD. It attracted an audience of 4.3 million viewers. This was the first time that BBC2 had surpassed its sister channel BBC1 in terms of ratings in prime time for over a decade. [b]Australian TV Ratings[/b] The first season on the Seven Network, beginning Wednesday nights at 8:30 p.m. The series debuted strongly, attracting more than 2 million viewers in the five capital cities; however it quickly changed to a number closer to 1 million due to competition against higher rating shows on other channels (House & CSI: Miami) that were placed in the same timeslot. Due to the success of ABC Australia's hit comedy The Chaser's War on Everything, nearing the end of the first season, the show was moved to the 8:30 p.m. Thursday timeslot in the cities of Sydney and Brisbane which saw a significant increase in its numbers in those markets, especially in Brisbane.[citation needed] [b]French TV Ratings[/b] The series currently airs on TF1, beginning Saturday nights at 8:50 p.m. The series debuted strongly, with the premiere attracting just over 6 million viewers in France [b]Dutch TV Ratings[/b] The series currently airs on RTL5 on Thursday nights at 9:30 pm. The series premiere was not watched well (405,000 viewers), but a replay drew 572,000 viewers . Currently the series draws some 350,000 viewers each episode (± 8%). [b]Hong Kong TV Ratings[/b] The series currently airs on TVB Pearl every Tuesday night at 10:35 p.m. The series premiere draws an average of 340,000 viewers.[citation needed] [b]Italian TV Ratings[/b] The series currently airs on Italia 1, the series premiered on September 2, 2007 drawing an average of 2.4 million viewers with 15 percent of share in the 18-49 years old target. The first four episodes of the series have attracted an average audience of 2.4 million viewers. The show airs every Sunday at 8:40 PM.[/quote] [b]to James - Dude you Forgot to Edit out the Bracketed Links :D anyways thanks for the edit dude i edited out the bracketed links ... offtopic : dude you got this from wikipedia.org right ? hahaha :D \m/[/b]

Last edited by Freelance6969 (2008-05-11 23:57:58)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: [b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television se

^ [b]Please edit your post to English.[/b] :idea: This forum is intended for an international audience, thanks. [b]About the TV series:[/b] My sister talks about it.. looks like she's enjoying it. :D As for me, I hardly have enough time to watch my downloads.
fie
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: [b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television se

i watched the most of the whole season and trust me, it's gonna get much better. i totally recommend this. i'm wondering though why Star World Heroes Broadcast doesn't count Philippines, my cousin is anticipating it.
bernadeth_hd8
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i watched it and the last part was great...!!! :eh: :thumbsup: :arrow: anyway when we ride on a tramp in universal studios heroes is shooting one of the scenes... they act so great!!... =)
sugz
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i'll start watching it..done downloading the whole 1st season.. :penguin:
GeneSy
» FTalker
1969-12-31

this show rocks... i don't think anybody would hate it. unless your retarded LOL joke,.
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

amen ! dude
-I-TruePinoy-I-
» n00b
1969-12-31

Heros is a good show. All the effects and powers are just awesome. And the actors for the characters are very good.
Xian
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

It was OK. The invincible cheer leader is hOt!
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

The Ending Was Kind Predictable .. I Can't Wait For The 2nd Season !
phranxis
» n00b
1969-12-31

where to watch it? (except for online)
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Channel 9 .. and .. crime channel .. i forgot the whole channel name .. or download it ..online .. in http://www.got-heroes.com/ .. i finished the whole season .. months ago ^_^ . the ending is kinda predictable .. i highly recommend this to x men fans .
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

I almost can't wait for what's gonna happen in season 2. Nathan has the best power, hands down. Unless of course he absorbs a power he doesn't want. At first it wasn't any good becoz he didn't know how to recall a power he absorbed. There is supposed to be someone worse than Sylar in the next season. I wonder how they will create someone worse than that guy. :retard:
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

its[b] peter[/b] dude .. who's got the " Rogue ( X Men ) Like Powers " Anyways The 2nd season is i think gonna be released in september 24 .. and i cant wait for it ! hahaha .. i'm gonna download it immediately Heres a Season 2 Sneak Peek http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEzQ1KE9HzE [b] SPOILER ALERT [/b] Peter is alive ! .. weeeeee
eykalsyamim
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^^ Uwaaa!! :crybaby: :crybaby: Is it this movie really great? Because my friends really enjoy on this.. Almost 18 hours everyday talking about this kind of movie.. Hehe!! I just know about someone that have power to freeze the time..isn't?? huhu! :D
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

its a tv show dude ^_^ its damn GREAT !
iloveyou4lyf
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Lol I thought its a channel Hero Tv.. :wallbash: :lol: Btw Its a great show :eh: :thumbsup:

Last edited by iloveyou4lyf (2007-08-25 19:03:07)

jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

I Think This Is Nice. =)
ndut_182
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

somebody have season 2 (heroes) ??
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Not yet dude season 2 is gonna be up in [b]SEPTEMBER 24 ~~~~~[/b]
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]IS THERE ANYONE WATCHES [i]HEROES?[/i][/b] [quote][img]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Heroes_title_card.png[/img] Heroes is an American Emmy Award-nominated science fiction drama television se

Pages: 12344

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 22:00

[ 12 queries - 0.022 second ]
Privacy Policy