• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown[/b] :arrow: Open Registry by going to [b]START--> RUN[/b] and typing [b]REGEDIT[/b]. Navigate to [b]HKEY_CURRENT_

Pages: 1

[b]How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown[/b] :arrow: Open Registry by going to [b]START--> RUN[/b] and typing [b]REGEDIT[/b]. Navigate to [b]HKEY_CURRENT_

#1  2008-12-08 20:48:21

Zander
» FTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown[/b] :arrow: Open Registry by going to [b]START--> RUN[/b] and typing [b]REGEDIT[/b]. Navigate to [b]HKEY_CURRENT_

[b]How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown[/b] :arrow: Open Registry by going to [b]START--> RUN[/b] and typing [b]REGEDIT[/b]. Navigate to [b]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\DESKTOP[/b] and look for [b]AutoEndTasks[/b]. On my computer default value is [b]0[/b]. Change it to [b]1[/b]. Thats all. Further more you can reduce the time it takes for Windows to issue kill directive to all active/hung applications. In doing this only constraint that you should make sure exists is that [b]HungAppTimeout[/b] is greater than [b]WaitToKillAppTimeout[/b]. Change the values of [b]WaitToKillAppTimeout[/b] to say [b]3500[/b] (since default value for [b]HungAppTimeout 5000[/b] and for [b]WaitToKillAppTimeout is 20000[/b]) [i]DISCLAIMER: In doing that Registry Edit,Back-up your registry first.[/i] :thumbsup:=) :idea::idea:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]How to improve on shutdown time ? Close apps automatically & quickly at shutdown[/b] :arrow: Open Registry by going to [b]START--> RUN[/b] and typing [b]REGEDIT[/b]. Navigate to [b]HKEY_CURRENT_

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 22:08

[ 12 queries - 0.008 second ]
Privacy Policy