• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interact

Pages: 1

[b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interact

jieduck
» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interact

Most of the concerned members and MODs are fully aware that creating a new topic is becoming a “free-for-all-extravaganza” especially for newcomers who are so eager to “experienced the glory” of having a popular topic, without even having a second thought concerning the effects of creating one. It is very noticeable that there are some sections full of “garbage”, non-sense and lame topics thus, spamming is very rampant due to such topics. Who should be blamed on this? Was it the topic starters, the MODs, or we, the members who always claim how responsible we are? My answer is no. Nobody is to be blamed for this since anyone can freely create a new topic, an option that is so exposed and vulnerable to being abused. I always encounter newly opened topics with messages such as; “to MODs, feel free to delete if topic is already existing or non-sense”, etc. Do those “foreword” messages help? My answer again is no. This is only my feedback and personal observation to what is happening. Now, I think that this is the right time for us to come up with a solution to this issue. I hope that MODs and Admin would allow us to discuss and share ideas here on how to overcome this problem. Finally, although REPORT button is proven effective (due to the existence of a handful of “concerned” members), it’s not always the best solution. We have to come up with something else aside from the REPORT button.
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: [b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interact

i think, your suggestion about reputation system should be implemented here. All of the new topics need to be approved by mods before they are published. but, it can't be implemented in every sections. eg. Friendster Help and New Member Introduction section.

Last edited by andHa (2009-01-25 15:53:06)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interact

I belive this was discussed long ago but do not remember the outcome. I agree that new topics with the exception of the help, new member intro and chit chat should be approved first. =)
Yellow Flash
» Banned
1969-12-31

[quote=andHa]but, it can't be implemented in every sections. eg. Friendster Help and New Member Introduction section.[/quote] ^ =) Most of the newbies are creating unnecessary threads... how about newbies cant create threads if their post counts are below 50.... So when their post counts are above 50 they will be aware whats unnecessary and whats necessary..... But in Friendster Help Section.. they can freely create threads even they're not 50 or above... cause almost newbies are finding help about their FS and creating Help Threads in Wrong Sections.... And also New Member Introduction... @TS Nice Suggestion Kuya... :thumbsup:

Last edited by Yellow Flash (2009-01-25 21:32:41)

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=Yellow Flash]Most of the newbies are creating unnecessary threads... how about newbies cant create threads if their post counts are below 50.... So when their post counts are above 50 they will be aware whats unnecessary and whats necessary.....[/quote] And that will be the cause of spamming actions. We have a lot of features that can't be accessed by newbies. but i have to say that it's not effective. Newbies could reach talker rank within a day. And some of them reached talker rank by spamming.
Kaygee :3
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Yeah :thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree with you kua Jie. Some of the topics here are non sense and the members tend to spam. =|=| And also, I've noticed that some of teh members here have thousands of posts, but almost 50% of their posts are just spam. :penguin::penguin: Waht i mean is that, they are so eager to get the rank they want to achieve by posting non sense. :doubt: [quote=jieduck]Finally, although REPORT button is proven effective (due to the existence of a handful of “concerned” members), it’s not always the best solution. We have to come up with something else aside from the REPORT button.[/quote] Yeah, i agree with your suggestion. :eh::thumbsup::thumbsup:
endlezluver16
» Banned
1969-12-31

^ I think because this is an online forum, formality is not needed. I say this because, we are aware that not all of the members have a "sense" in creating threads and topics. The Report button is already enough to warn those who have lame and unnecessary posts. I think the solution to the problem, is just to tell the members that their "post/s" are insignificant or is not fitted for a particular section. ^ I further suggest that there will be limits for posts each day. I know some members who are online almost 24 hours a day and it does not make any sense for them to spam and post, and reach a certain rank. It is unfair for those who got in friendstertalk earlier, and posts moderately(but they have a sense and their posts are significant) because those members who are always online have reached higher rank than them. (I hope everyone gets my point. argh.) -- I'm loosing my english grammar :retard: :wasted:
Yellow Flash
» Banned
1969-12-31

[quote=andHa]We have a lot of features that can't be accessed by newbies. but i have to say that it's not effective. Newbies could reach talker rank within a day. And some of them reached talker rank by spamming.[/quote] ahh yeah sorry... how about after 2 or 3 days registration? instead of 50 post counts...

Last edited by Yellow Flash (2009-01-26 01:27:27)

jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=endlezluver16]^ I think because this is an online forum, formality is not needed. I say this because, we are aware that not all of the members have a "sense" in creating threads and topics.[/quote] formality is not the issue here, sis. being sensible and cooperative is what we need. [quote=endlezluver16]The Report button is already enough to warn those who have lame and unnecessary posts.[/quote] allow me to inform you that my posts related to REPORTing several lame, insensible, spammy topics is more than the post count of a Talker. that is why, I have mentioned this in my original post: [quote=jieduck]Finally, although REPORT button is proven effective (due to the existence of a handful of “concerned” members), it’s not always the best solution. We have to come up with something else aside from the REPORT button.[/quote] [quote=Yellow Flash]how about after 2 or 3 days registration? instead of 50 post counts...[/quote] this could be a good suggestion, and let me add my personal suggestion on this. since that some of the posters are really in favor of having the newly created be approved first (with the [b]exception of New Member Intro and Help Section[/b]), let me suggest that [b]all newly created topics be initially in the "close status", awaiting for the approval and evaluation of the concerned MOD of that section prior to opening it up.[/b] In that case, we will minimize further spamming from other members who will immediately post upon seeing a newly opened topic.
mirhadz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]Edited[/b] yeah.. a post limitation for newbie. i mean newbie can only make 1-2 topic per day :D i also igree w/ yellowflash suggestion :)...

Last edited by mirhadz (2009-01-28 02:16:35)

---xXirukiTepe---
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interaction... <probably by the members> There is a report link, anyone can report a wrong topic... to a mod... Report link serves as an opportunity for all of us. Made to ... make us responsible in the whole forum... although we are not mods... By the use of it... we can also help in moderating this forum. I agree becos, of... numerous wrong topics per day... =) But maybe we can make this suggestion implemented... in most important categories/sections. =) anyway thats js my opinion. okay? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/b]
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=---xXirukiTepe---]There is a report link, anyone can report a wrong topic... to a mod... Report link serves as an opportunity for all of us. Made to ... make us responsible in the whole forum... although we are not mods... By the use of it... we can also help in moderating this forum.[/quote] as I have mentioned: [quote=jieduck]Finally, although REPORT button is proven effective (due to the existence of a handful of “concerned” members), it’s not always the best solution. We have to come up with something else aside from the REPORT button.[/quote] thanks a lot for the comments, but do have any suggestion or idea aside from the REPORT button?
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]I disagree and agree to this... I disagree, becos First of all, chitchat (is js a category for socializing and etc) whats the big deal of approving new topics there... snce it js a way of interact

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 03:54

[ 11 queries - 0.039 second ]
Privacy Policy