• ARCHIVES 
  • » My aunt told me to take Computer Science because it's better [i]daw[/i]. Me too, I'm planning to take of those two courses. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll take Com Sci maybe/

Pages: 1

My aunt told me to take Computer Science because it's better [i]daw[/i]. Me too, I'm planning to take of those two courses. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll take Com Sci maybe/

allendchaha
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

My aunt told me to take Computer Science because it's better [i]daw[/i]. Me too, I'm planning to take of those two courses. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll take Com Sci maybe/

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: My aunt told me to take Computer Science because it's better [i]daw[/i]. Me too, I'm planning to take of those two courses. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll take Com Sci maybe/

if you know what university you'll be going to, see if the university can provide you with a list of the courses' curriculum/subjects. they may have it online or at their office. a list coming from another university might also be ok. then with that list do some googling. after doing that, the answer of which one you want to take should be clear :yes2:
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: My aunt told me to take Computer Science because it's better [i]daw[/i]. Me too, I'm planning to take of those two courses. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll take Com Sci maybe/

[quote=mikeljon02;#3473118;1268028614]I have now a plan, and I choose "Computer Engineering".[/quote] Some schools integrate Com Sci with this. So basically, you'll have software designing and hardware to software integration. Some schools even offer AutoCAD and robotics with it. Though it has its own field. Com Sci may show the science behind it. Though as I said. Some schools. So don't expect most of the schools combining Computer Engineering with Com Sci or IT. ;)
jddrulez
» FTalker
1969-12-31

both courses are good it's just that it has specific field of study(also depends on the schools). CS- study of theories IT- study, application am i right?! hmmmm... for me, i prefer IT since it is what im taking up. lol goodluck btw.
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

if i have chance i will take comsci or continue my comtech",
akocJACKLYN
» FTalker
1969-12-31

IT if u love making/doing programming and also analyzing
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

nowadays IT is very demand they got the best shot in the field of computer, many of universities here in ph got almost 15~20 block sections of IT students. But for me CS is the best then later the CS will become demand in the future due to alot of IT. My professor( graduate of IT and CS) rank them and here they are : 1--> Computer Science(CS) - they cover the whole computer field(can play or stand the job of IT and IS). 2--> Information Technology(IT)- can play both job of CS and IS but not wide. 3--> Information System(IS)- they manage the IT... Think deeper =) ... [spoiler]INGORE GRAMMARS HAHA I’m still practicing[/spoiler]
lalalalalalala
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

IT is just a branch of Computer Science... Actually, it's a bit shallow (sorry if I offend people with this) with all the basic stuffs just to get a broader approach with computers although they can still get the salary as much as a Computer Science graduate can earn. The thing is you are more familiar with the "technology." On the other hand, Computer Science is more with in depth approach esp. with programming since it's the foundation of technology these days. I believe they earn more coz they analyze more than an IT can do. They are more specialized like the producers and the backstage people while IT are the performers. Computer Science is what tech people are really after. They are still in demand in US. Computer Engineering is more of hardware I believe and/or system administration. Only few takes this course coz its almost similar with Computer Science.
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=lalalalalalala;#3642345;1277778701]IT is just a branch of Computer Science... Actually, it's a bit shallow (sorry if I offend people with this) with all the basic stuffs just to get a broader approach with computers although they can still get the salary as much as a Computer Science graduate can earn. The thing is you are more familiar with the "technology." On the other hand, Computer Science is more with in depth approach esp. with programming since it's the foundation of technology these days. I believe they earn more coz they analyze more than an IT can do. They are more specialized like the producers and the backstage people while IT are the performers. Computer Science is what tech people are really after. They are still in demand in US. Computer Engineering is more of hardware I believe and/or system administration. Only few takes this course coz its almost similar with Computer Science.[/quote] I agree with you ....
CHiAKi.NHEii
» FTalker
1969-12-31

according to my friend it's IT . IT because there's a major in IT that's not in COMPUTER SCIENCE. i dont know what major :DD
sherovin
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

IT so you could do both software and hardware jobs
abbii
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

according to my brother IT is better
blackmamba
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

For me, [b]Computer Science[/b] is better. But that's just [i]me[/i] and me alone. (: And I agree with what lalalalalalala has mentioned above. Anyway, I once asked my counselor his insight of the two, and he said that in most universities, ComSci is taught as an Engineering-level major, which means high-level math and science classes as well as doubling your required computer knowledge. No doubt, ComSci graduates have a higher salary than IT graduates. Also, the HR and IT departments are usually the first to be downsized when a company needs to cut costs. Don't get me wrong -- IT [i]is[/i] a good major and it may lead to a solid career, but it is factually wrong to say that it is any way superior to Computer Science. I'm not looking down on the IT field or those people who took up or are currently taking up the said field, but I'm just stating the facts. It's true that it is entirely possible that an IT graduate could have a six-figure salary, but that's true for anybody of any degree who is talented enough and works hard enough. Nevertheless, both degrees have their pros and cons. Both of them are great degrees, no doubt. I guess you just need to decide whatever fits you better.

Last edited by blackmamba (2010-07-06 18:56:34)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » My aunt told me to take Computer Science because it's better [i]daw[/i]. Me too, I'm planning to take of those two courses. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll take Com Sci maybe/

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 23:56

[ 10 queries - 0.391 second ]
Privacy Policy