• ARCHIVES 
  • » Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hass

Pages: 1

Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hass

+._ROCEL_.+
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hass

Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hassle having it in my system, but I was wrong, I've been having problems installing new softwares in my laptop since then. I've searched the net to find out how I can get rid of that software. I tried some of them but it only worked for a couple of days. I want to contact my mom's friend but I've lost his contact number. Can someone please help me in this ? please .. I'm begging for anyone's concern . Thanks in advance.. :)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hass

What program are you using? DeepFreeze 6?
+._ROCEL_.+
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hass

It's DeepFreeze 5 .. i think .
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Try this... Open run prompt. Type services.msc and press enter After doing so... look for DFserv in the window. Right click DFserv and properties. You'll see A drop down with Automatic on General Tab. Click and and select Disabled. Press Apply then Ok (Note that you may receive a notice or whatever, just continue and press Ok(. Restart computer. After restart, Uninstall Deep Freeze.

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-07-28 12:32:19)

+._ROCEL_.+
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ i just tried your opinion but nothing happend .. :no:
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

What OS are you using?
+._ROCEL_.+
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

I' using Windows XP .. does my OS have something to do with uninstalling the deepfreeze ?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^In a way yes. Though not all the time. hmm... do you see any notification on the bottom right side of your desktop? The deep freeze icon.
+._ROCEL_.+
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ yes , i do .. but it's just an icon .. whenever i try to click on it nothing happens ..
senam
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

try holding shift and click on the icon 2 times.. a window will pop-up and will ask for your password so that you can thaw/unfreeze once it is in thaw mode you can now uninstall it
jendrick
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=senam;#3659763;1280340350]try holding shift and click on the icon 2 times.. a window will pop-up and will ask for your password so that you can thaw/unfreeze once it is in thaw mode you can now uninstall it[/quote] or try Shift + Ctrl + F6 if nothing happens try this -start the computer with the Windows CD. -keep tapping any key on your keyboard until blue screen appear and wait. -at the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to select the repair option. -you will have to enter the Administrator password - if none, just press <Enter>. -in the recovery console - type CD C:\Windows\System32\Drivers > press <Enter>. -type rename DEEPFRZ.SYS DEEPFRZ_SYS.old > press <Enter>. -type Exit > press <Enter>. -take the Windows disc out and reboot. -try to uninstall deep freeze

Last edited by jendrick (2010-09-05 05:48:49)

cRankDat
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]low bro, try this one. i tried this before in my friend idunno if this thing will work in ur PC - DeppFreeze install in ur PC ryt? - you have your installer of your DeepFreeze that is installed on your PC? If you have not, Download. - if you have follow this......] @ install the DeepFreeze @ just follow the steps that appear in your screen @ then after that reboot your PC. Thanks Hope that this will help you.[/b]
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Okey guys, here's the thing .. a few months ago a friend of my mom downloaded DeepFreeze in my laptop with my permission, well I didn't really know what could it do and I thought it wouldn't be a hass

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 00:04

[ 10 queries - 0.024 second ]
Privacy Policy