• ARCHIVES 
  • » Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy =

Pages: 12

Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy =

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy =

Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy = new Array(); buffy[0]="[b]CSS_URL_1[/b]"; buffy[1]="[b]CSS_URL_2[/b]"; angel=Math.floor(Math.random() * buffy.length); try{ document.createStyleSheet(buffy[angel]); } catch(e){ var css = document.createElement("link"); css.type = "text/css"; css.rel = "stylesheet"; css.href=buffy[angel]; css.media = "screen, print"; document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(css); }[/quote] To add more layouts, simply add more arrays, like so [quote]buffy[2]="[b]CSS_URL_3[/b]"; buffy[3]="[b]CSS_URL_4[/b]"; buffy[4]="[b]CSS_URL_5[/b]";[/quote] and so on... If you want to use this for both IE and firefox and you are already using my 2 seperate CSS codes, simply change the name of the buffy array and the angel index when inserting the code for the second browser. :cool: Here's a full example of what a combined code would look like, if you use seperate CSS files for IE & FF: <">To see my [b]2 seperate CSS: 1 for IE & 1 for FF code[/b] click :arrow: [url=http://theftalk.com/t11644-seperate-files%3A.html]here[/url] [b]That's it. You're done![/b] :cool: :thumbsup: [b]credits: 091011[/b] - for her [b]"New Songs On Refresh Updated"[/b] topic which gave me the idea :cool: :thumbsup: [b]Feruzz[/b] - for the [i]document.write[/i] work-around

Last edited by shakiro214 (2008-03-09 12:46:51)

ezil2007
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy =

thanks for the code! an alternative way of theme switcher .. cool ! :cool:
blurrycloud
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy =

Be the 2nd to comment :cry: ... hmmm nice... i'll try this one... :thumbsup:

Last edited by blurrycloud (2007-09-24 17:23:41)

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Thanks, I saw someone doing this before, and I was like woah! :o And then I think I saw it again on Dale's profile bcoz, I think his themes are random also. Now I can do it too :cool: weeeeeeeeee :drool:
ezil2007
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

not workin on firefox bro in ur preview .. but nice code :cool:
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

that's bcoz I only have 1 layout for my FF, I still have to make a 2nd layout for FF ;)
ezil2007
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

so i will use this code [quote]var browser=navigator.appName; var mic="Microsoft Internet Explorer"; if (browser==mic){ try{ document.createStyleSheet("IE_CSS_URL"); } catch(e){ document.write("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen, print' href='IE_CSS_URL'>"); } } else { try{ document.createStyleSheet("FF_CSS_URL"); } catch(e){ document.write("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen, print' href='FF_CSS_URL'>"); } }[/quote] and this code [quote]willow = new Array(); willow[0]="CSS_URL_1"; willow[1]="CSS_URL_2"; spike=Math.floor(Math.random() * willow.length); try{ document.createStyleSheet(willow[spike]); } catch(e){ document.write("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen, print' href="+willow[spike]+">"); }[/quote] i will just copy-paste my css url right?
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

yes. I'm currently making a buffy layout for my firefox :D It should work in FF :cool: :thumbsup: Yup, it does! Preview now works for both browsers :cool: :thumbsup: [b]@Ezil[/b] See [b]updated 1st post[/b] for combining the 2 seperate CSS code and randomized CSS code

Last edited by shakiro214 (2007-09-24 18:27:05)

sickofyou
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I get it, very nice.

Last edited by sickofyou (2007-09-24 18:30:05)

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

The [b]1st post[/b] now has an example of how to combind the 2 codes, so you can randomize and still balance the look in both IE & FF browsers :cool: :thumbsup:
ezil2007
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

thanks for updating now i know na :penguin:
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

no problem :cool: I'm just saving the world before bedtime :penguin:
bluemango
» n00b
1969-12-31

i like this better than the theme switcher with buttons ... :wow: different layout every visit.. :wow:
melancholic
» FTalker
1969-12-31

thanks.. im gonna try this on my friend's profy... :) like this better than the theme switcher thingy...
sickofyou
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i really love this! wohoo! im using it now, but im still tweaking my 2nd layout! view here: [url]http://profiles.friendster.com/fuelthehate[/url]
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

I also like this code alot too :D keeps me busy :eh: I just added a Harry Potter CSS to my profile. Weeeeeeeee :wasted: All I need now are different cursors bcoz I'm using the same 1 for all of them :wasted:
thephrenetic
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yeah..another trick here..thanks.. :D
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Your welcome friend. I have to dance now [img]http://kapatiran.4.forumer.com/html/emoticons/kapatiran/otso.gif[/img]
dale
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

cool!! i try this!! :wow:
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[img]http://kapatiran.4.forumer.com/html/emoticons/kapatiran/otso.gif[/img] 1st post updated :penguin:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Want a different background layout to load everytime someone views your profile? :cool: Here's the code: [quote]//This is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum buffy =

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 13:05

[ 10 queries - 0.020 second ]
Privacy Policy