• ARCHIVES 
  • » The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on th

Pages: 12

The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on th

kcired14
» FTalkFreak
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on th

The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on the line below. (It should all be on one line.) <">select File, " Save " select All Files for the file type, then save the file as eicar.com Your anti-virus software may prevent you from saving the file as eicar.com, which is a sign that it is working effectively. If it doesn't raise an alert, try scanning the folder where you saved eicar.com. To see what happens if you try to run a file containing a virus, double-click eicar.com to open it. [b]Fact:[/b] The EICAR test file is designed for users and administrators who want to check the proper operation of their anti-virus software without using actual viruses. Since it is never a good idea to test with real viruses, anti-virus researchers designed a completely harmless test file that most anti-virus products detect as if it were a virus. The EICAR test file is completely benign and contains no viral code. The most common uses for the EICAR test file are: * Confirms the anti-virus application is installed correctly * Demonstrate what happens when a virus is found * Check internal procedures and reactions when a virus is found If the anti-virus product fail to prevent you from running the file, it will simply display the text "EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE" in a DOS box. No harm will have been done, but you should probably consider using a better anti-virus product, because if it had been a real virus, your computer would by now be infected! =D
▼WOLViNCE▼
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on th

yes this is a great self-test procedure and its very effective. i use this everytime i test my anti-malware and antivir scanner if how fast it react. more test file can be downloaded from [url=http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm]HERE[/url]. :eh:
Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on th

nice nice this will help hahaha
--khathateslove--
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i try it in my com..and it did warned me
ak0cs3m
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow! cool
avenger187
» n00b
1969-12-31

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z64/inutil666_bucket/cool.gif[/img] So Cool dude.. big help on me coz im a computer technixan!!
davesystem
» n00b
1969-12-31

nice work AVG!!! wakokokokok
dynamicfriendsterwebmastr
» FTalker
1969-12-31

nice. tnx a lot. eicar.com is a virus. and if ur antivirus detected it! ur antivirus works!
03_khine_03
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

it worx.. my anti-virus warned me and said to delete files permanently
bryanezz
» FTalker
1969-12-31

when i gonna save it, it automatically deleted by my[u] ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS[/u] ([i]World's leading antivirus software[/i]) :o [b]the advantage?[/b] there's no prompt to ask you..it deleted this automatically and quarantined :thumbsup:

Last edited by bryanezz (2008-03-14 13:00:34)

regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

nod 32 isnt the best.. its not even no.1.. :D (according to tsome sites..) Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium is the best.. daw.. (im not using this.. too bad.. )

Last edited by regiehiozn (2008-03-14 21:40:09)

nicey
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

it worked.... norton blocked it...:thumbsup:
dheetiij's
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/tjayvalrose_02/Eicar.jpg[/img] very cool..!Vet antivi block the script after you've done saving..!

Last edited by tjayvalrose_02 (2008-03-17 20:31:20)

xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Norton deleted it, and Norton also recognized the file as a test virus string :o
coke_zerod
» n00b
1969-12-31

wow its work cool !!!! :thumbsup:
harvii
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Thanks its a big help. McAfee deleted it automatically.
Chezter18
» Banned
1969-12-31

in Friendster have a virus??
blueicefairy
» n00b
1969-12-31

woOow! tnx! it realy works! =):thumbsup:
sprongky
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow it is cool my kaspersky anti-virus can detect it, thanks for Sharing it Bro,
krjalagat
» FTalker
1969-12-31

wow!! good work avg!! hehe tnx for sharing!
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » The following instruction is a safe way to test your computer's virus protection that doesn't require you to have a real virus. instruction: open Notepad. Then copy and paste into it the text on th

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:16

[ 10 queries - 0.038 second ]
Privacy Policy