• ARCHIVES 
  • » Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popul

Pages: 12

Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popul

--pUshnIt08--
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popul

Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popularity around the Philippines. Hailing from the "Proud South" City Of Cebu, Urbandub has represented their city all across the nation, and now has invaded other parts of Asia as well. Their second album Influence was considered by many music critics as their best album to date. The track "Soul Searching" was named "Song of the Year" in 2003 and Influence was awarded "Album of the Year" in 2004 by the NU 107 Rock Awards. Their most recent album, Under Southern Lights, was released in 2007 by EMI Music Philippines. Urbandub became popular when they released the single "First of Summer" then they followed it with the song "Endless,A silent whisper" (my personal favourite) from the album Embrace released on the year 2005..now, they are out with a new album [Under Southern Lights] and a new single "Guillotine".. Watch Guillotine: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnOQHqE1m4o[/youtube]

Last edited by --pUshnIt08-- (2008-02-13 04:24:58)

ak0cs3m
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popul

i'm one of their listeners & this is one of my fav. band =) their latest album Under Southern Lights is simply 'ayos!' :thumbsup: my top 3 fav. tracks their are cebuana, evidence & life is easy
eclipse_twins
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popul

i super duper love urbandub. first time i heard them i was like, "who is this foreign band?" only to find out they were filipinos. this made me like them more. they are a pride of our country, right? ..uplifting OPM and pinoy rockistas!
stabbedheart
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

^ me too, i also thought those things, they really sound foreign for me. . . i love their songs like first of summer, frailty, endless, a silent whisper, and their latest song, guillotine. . .
stabbedheart
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

^ me too, i also thought those things, they really sound foreign for me. . . i love their songs like first of summer, frailty, endless, a silent whisper, and their latest song, guillotine. . .
hiace16
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

me too.. ;) [b]i love it..[/b] :wow:
--pUshnIt08--
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i love first of summer and endless,,for me..one of tghe gud things bout UD,is their songs are not very much alike..i mean, its not one of those bands who has songs that sounded the same..their songs are very unique most likely as their tunes..and of course what they are like..i first heard the First of Summer song in a radio station w/c no longer exist cause they decided to turn it to a "jologs" station..i liked it the first time a heard it..and knowing me, i know that ill love that song from the very first time ill hear it.. Like u people, i also thot this was a foreign band..they just sound so good..looking forward for more, UD songs!
ak0cs3m
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^ yeah, i think mostly of the cebu based band sounds like foreign

Last edited by ak0cs3m (2008-02-18 05:47:03)

--pUshnIt08--
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

yah, eventhough they have this tough "bisaya" accent, they can speak english fluently, w/o u even noticing that their "bisaya",,thats one thing that i liked abt urbandub,i saw this interview they had in MTV, it was for campus crashers tat a with sib that tym..they are making fool of this sib guy by answering his questions in bisaya which sib doesnt totally understand..they are very much bisaya even when they speak tagalog but when it comesto singing especially english songs, it so fluent u wont even know that they are filipinos..especially the vocalist!
scharfiena
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

heyyah.. i like urbandub.. ahihi..
--pUshnIt08--
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ what urbandub song is your favourite? :D
trigger_happy26
» FTalker
1969-12-31

: i like guillotine... : even tried to study the drums of the song... ( but everytime i do... i end up with hands and arms aching... :crybaby:) : and first of summer.. : i first saw them at myx... so i knew that they are opm.. : but on the back of my mind im saying.. : "are they really an opm band? much more of a foreign band to me.." : urbandub is a filipino pride... rock on rakistas! =D:thumbsup:
pinkblack08
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^wow..hardworkin'!haha i love their song guillotine! i also thought they were a foreign band..it just proves how good filipinos are :eh: :thumbsup:
ak0cs3m
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

good news! urbandub just launch their new video called Evidence last friday source: http://myspace.com/urbandub so better watch out for it on your local music video channel! =)

Last edited by ak0cs3m (2008-03-01 22:46:18)

--pUshnIt08--
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I fell for Evidence since the first time i saw the video on MTV, i saw the video first b4 listening to the music :eh::lol:, and i liked it from the first meeting(?!) :lol::lol: UD is flying high now..theyve been releasing songs which just makes a bang in the music scene..:eh: Evidence is for those people who got cheated on and now is seeking for pure revenge =D=D when u get cheated on, sumtyms u jst wana do wat the vocalist did to iza and the lover =D=D

Last edited by --pUshnIt08-- (2008-06-03 15:41:17)

stabbedheart
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote]Evidence is for those people who got cheated on and now is seeking for pure revenge =D=D when u get cheated on, sumtyms u jst wana do wat the vocalist did to iza and the lover[/quote] yup, i agree to you, i love that song but the vid was kinda brutal at the end, the lead singer killed his lover (iza calzado)
--pUshnIt08--
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^^ hahaha..yeah it was really brutal..i dont get why he already shot the girl, he also hit the girl with a wrench i think or a hammer =D, he was pretty darn mad,..no it wasnt pretty he was effing mad! :lol::lol::lol:
jugitz
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

damn! i love urbandub! they're from here cebu!:eh:
.papi
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^yeah i love their Song.. [b] First of Summer[/b] [b] Guillotine[/b] [b] Evidence [/b] etc.. i love the video of Evidence coz he killed Issa Calzado.. hihi.. too bad for the two timers..
ketah23
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

this group really rockz i love [b]Alert the Armory and First of Summer[/b] :)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Any Urbandub fans out there?? :) [b]Urbandub[/b] is a Filipino experimental rock band from Cebu. They are one of the most critically-acclaimed bands in the country, and is now enjoying immense popul

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 00:28

[ 10 queries - 0.051 second ]
Privacy Policy