• ARCHIVES 
  • » do you know this filipino band? i think their genre is emo (is emo a genre) i can't explain why, haha i love their songs especially [b]scars of a falling heart[/b] & [b]will you ever learn[/b]

Pages: 123

do you know this filipino band? i think their genre is emo (is emo a genre) i can't explain why, haha i love their songs especially [b]scars of a falling heart[/b] & [b]will you ever learn[/b]

stabbedheart
» FTalkFreak
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

do you know this filipino band? i think their genre is emo (is emo a genre) i can't explain why, haha i love their songs especially [b]scars of a falling heart[/b] & [b]will you ever learn[/b]

- razian -
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: do you know this filipino band? i think their genre is emo (is emo a genre) i can't explain why, haha i love their songs especially [b]scars of a falling heart[/b] & [b]will you ever learn[/b]

^ yup realy like them i realy like this song :arrow: [b]Last time[/b] :D
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: do you know this filipino band? i think their genre is emo (is emo a genre) i can't explain why, haha i love their songs especially [b]scars of a falling heart[/b] & [b]will you ever learn[/b]

Hey, i like Typecast \m/, :D i havent heard all of their songs, but i have liked the ones ive listened to. and yah, their music genre is Emo. [img]http://www.typecastmusic.org/everymossandcobweb/images/yahoo_steve.jpg[/img][img]http://www.typecastmusic.org/everymossandcobweb/images/yahoo_pakoy.jpg[/img][img]http://www.typecastmusic.org/everymossandcobweb/images/yahoo_chi.jpg[/img][img]http://www.typecastmusic.org/everymossandcobweb/images/yahoo_melvin.jpg[/img] here're some info's about the band (from TypecastMusic.org): :arrow: [b]Typecast is:[/b] Steve Badiola | Guitars; Vocals Melvin Macatiag | Drums Chi Resurreccion | Bass Frank Fletchero | Guitars MySpace Account: http://myspace.com/typecast PureVolume: http://purevolume.com/typecastlaguna -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A thousand train of thoughts.. . Countless emotions.. . Intricately put into words.. . Perfected with a synthesis of hard-driven guitars and a more grief-stricken vocals comes the much awaited new album – “Every Moss and Cobweb”. With 12 tracks of brutally honest and heartfelt sentiments about love and life as you know it. This new album with the first single “Will you ever Learn” will take you to a journey of how one’s mind can imitate a reflection of doubt and uncertainty and what you can do about it once you notice you’re a step away from it. That's what this album is all about, we encountered so many downfalls and mistakes along the way. .. This is our way of making up for all those unwanted situations that we did in the past, somehow we want to prove how sorry we are and right now we will make it sure that we've learned from our mistakes which everyone can be prone to.. . Borrowing their name from one of Snapcase's famed releases, TYPECAST is now one of the most awaited newcomers in the small-scaled indie music scene of the Philippines. With an overwhelming set of performances for every show, the band is now creating widespread recognition among the crowds that come to watch this trio on stage, consuming all the heart-felt words of whispers and screams with wide arrays of contrast octave riffs that are totally melodic in such a way that they have been labeled as an emo band from the underground rock scene in the province of Laguna. In a masked kind of fulfillment, after years of playing since they were formed back in the latter weeks of December of 1999, the band plays with an urge of consistency of medium paced set of moods. Influenced by foreign bands such as: Armor for Sleep | Further Seems Forever | Atreyu | Dashboard Confessional | Saosin | Appleseedcast | Shai Hulud | Thrice | Copeland | Brandston | The Get Up Kids | Deftones | Slowride | Coheed and Cambria | Alkaline Trio | Fugazi etc., the band's sudden interest in performing live is one of the reasons why they've been stable for quite sometime now. Typecast's sound has become famous for its honest lyrics which are derived from real-life experiences. Steve, the band's main song writer, triggers the most violent and hurtful yet conscientious set of songs, every show with a pounding beat of drumming coming from Melvin, who hits the drums like it owes him money, which is then concluded by low keys of bass that come from the mild fingers of Chi. The coalition of these guys is what makes the crowd get on their feet and absorb the music; whether outdoors or inside venues filled with eye-tearing smoke or singing along to every line as though their hearts were outside their shirts and shredding it to pieces with experiences of break-ups and disastrous relationships. (more of the infos here: http://www.typecastmusic.org/everymossandcobweb/main.html) :arrow: ..im really starting to like this band. the quality of the music they make is outstanding, compared to the new wave of other Filipino rock bands imho. Steve's voice is very similar to the voice of [url=http://www.dashboardconfessional.com/]Dashboard Confessional[/url]'s vocalist Chris Carrabba :D . here're some of their recent music videos (from YouTube.com): [b]Will You Ever Learn[/b] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOeCBzgPq6s [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOeCBzgPq6s[/youtube] [i]So what’s the point in all of this? When you will never change The days have past The weather’s changed Should I be sorry? Could I be sorry? I did it all for you Hoping you would see Your eyes are dull, your hands are clenched Are we ready? But you think about yourself Only but yourself But what about… Un-lonely nights, romantic moments The love What about them Throw it all away You know me well You know it’s wrong Then what is it you feel? You hide behind those perfect smiles It won’t fool me because you already did But you think about yourself Only but yourself But what about… Un-lonely nights, romantic moments The love What about them Throw it all away The perfect dates, the sweetest kisses[/i] [b]Boston Drama[/b] : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMyY_mNuA0 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMyY_mNuA0[/youtube] [i]Standard pick-up lines that seems to wreck your bones Can this be a sequel of my dying hope? Chasing down a never ending make-believe But you’re a perfect match of consistency Will you come back in a heartbeat? Don’t be confused of what a great thing we could be We’ll take a walk on the same street Can you tell me how Boston is like without me? You’re image is stamp beneath the insides of my heart Now you’re gone I don’t know where to start The evidence is showing like a stable apprehension But you’re the only one who’s apt for this affection[/i] \m/, :midfinger:
stabbedheart
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

@forsaken: wow man! nice info! at first, i thought their are foreign but i can't believe they were filipino hehe. . .
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ heheh. me just another fan. their becoming a part of the mainstream music scene now, i just hope their music style wont change =) :thumbsup:
dyingonce
» n00b
1969-12-31

typecast???? 1.will you ever learn 2.scars of a failing heart 3.the boston drama 4.the infuatation is always there 5.february
miss kita pag tuesday
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^ [quote]ur choice is my choice also :D[/quote] @topic [quote]do they sound like urban dub? when i first heard d song " will u ever learn" i tot it was urban dub who sang it..[/quote]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Hmmm.. i dont think they sound like Urbandub. They sound more like Dashboard Confessional =) :thumbsup:
miss kita pag tuesday
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^ [quote][b]oh i see... his vocals really Rockin d house and hope they will goes as far as slapshock has reach [/b][/quote]
senyorito21
» FTalker
1969-12-31

they sound like saosin
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^Nope hehe... they do not sound like saosin :eh: :eh:
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=senyorito21]they sound like saosin[/quote] Not entirely. Maybe on just a few of their songs. =|
'RyEn'
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

I like the song [b]Will you ever learn[/b] I see them at SM Baguio nung saturday ata.. sadly it was raining *sigh*
oneminuteofsilence
» n00b
1969-12-31

^ a true ex. of an emo band.
dyinginside
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[b]it kinda sucks cause when you ask people what Typecast song they know. they only tell you [u]WILL YOU EVER LEARN.[/u] crap. :angry: [/b]
ak0cs3m
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^ yeah, i do agree with u. the saddest part is that they also mistaken as the band [b]'will you ever learn'[/b] =| the world is round indeed :globe:
' ' sk8r.Ozzie xvii
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I Like The Song [b]Last Time![/b]
aidenlive
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

wahhhhhh!!! i hate this band hehehehehe!!! no offense!!! :eh:
scuddog
» n00b
1969-12-31

=d

Last edited by scuddog (2007-09-09 02:37:02)

dyinginside
» FTalker
1969-12-31

^ no offense taken everybody deserves to choose what bands they like or will hate :D
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » do you know this filipino band? i think their genre is emo (is emo a genre) i can't explain why, haha i love their songs especially [b]scars of a falling heart[/b] & [b]will you ever learn[/b]

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 11:21

[ 10 queries - 0.029 second ]
Privacy Policy