• ARCHIVES 
  • » I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

Pages: 12

I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

Black Rose Dying
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamming. I hope they would be given a warn or their post would be deleted, as it just makes those tutorial topics so long (with lots of pages). Its so hard to find important informations. Like questions asked by members, and specially, the corresponding answers. I suggest people would only post if what they would say is REALLY important, like suggestions and questions. Now I know some of you would say, "but what if we are really grateful that he made the code I've been looking for a long time?! what if we really wanna thank him?!" If you are really thankful to the person that made the code, its better to message him. He would more appreciate it. Than just posting the same "thanks nice codes blah blah blah" that almost everyone does.
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

well you cant really avoid spams and flams from other members.. thats why mods moderate this forums so that spamming could be avoided but of course if you see spams u can always make use of the report button.. :F
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

but why do mods ignore those spam (those "thanks for the code great, etc.")? I know they ignore it because sometimes they are the next poster of those spam.
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

mods PM the poster if they see posts like that. =) and warn them through PM. its less shameful than warning them in their posts dont you think? =|
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

ah yes, I don't want that to happen to them too. but Its better if their post get deleted too... coz it just make the topic so long.
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: with tons of spams in a specific area, it's hard to read all the threads one by one. so as a concerned member of this forum, one can fully utilize the report button. as much as i want to ban all those spammers, i really can't. it's like a whole row of banned members. lol. spams can't easily be avoided. In some cases i would really want to delete all posts in a layout thread. but then just think of some respect. layout makers do not mind if their thread is populated by those comments. It's like the more comments, the better layout maker they are. We're on the same boat. i do hate those freakin spammers. btw, [b]Thanks for sharing![/b] lol to that line. amps
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

So you mean, mods will only delete the spam if it is reported? and hmm... I'm not asking to ban the member right away when they had spammed, just delete the spam and ban them if they will do it again alot of times. Yes I have thought of that, the more comments on the topic means the code is really good, but atleast there should be a rule, that members should not post something like just "Thanks for sharing". At least there should be character limit, or atleast 2 sentence per post. they should give some feedbacks. If it won't be done then these forums would be more like spam forums. A thousand miles travel begins with a single step.
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow:[b] So you mean, mods will only delete the spam if it is reported?[/b] - not necessarily. of course, we do check some threads and delete spams. in addition to this: [b]as a concerned member of this forum, one can fully utilize the report button.[/b], you can also warn members via pm. not all members are good listeners. not all of them follow the rules.
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[b]@blackrose: [/b] 2 sentences is too much... maybe no post wid less than 3 words... [b]mods:[/b] how about automatic deletion of posts wid less than 3 words..? i min delete it evrytym u[b] bumped [/b]a post wid less than 3 words.. and it must be posted in every section(forum) rules.. so dat der will be no reason for dem to be mad y der posts are deleted.. its a must to read forum(section) rules...
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: most of us do practice it. we delete spams without warning. but as i have said before, there are tons of threads out there. bottom line: members should read and follow rules. members should also help maintain the site by reporting or informing others. :thumbsup:
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

yeah... using the report button... but does it require a specific no. of reports to see an action..? of course, immediated action is impossble, but its alredi weeks.. i min, ive reported posts, and its still der now.. maybe d mod is busy..? well.. i thnk not all mods of dat section is busy...

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2008-03-09 12:43:47)

meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: i don't see any reports with regards to that :o maybe some mods zaaped it without action. . . . o yeah i saw one of your reports in the Blog section. sorry, but i am not a mod of that section and it seems the mods there are busy =|
skyfire14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

so if you see a spam post u should report it?
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=skyfire14]so if you see a spam post u should report it?[/quote] as wat meng sed, yes.. and be sure to use english in reporting..
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

yeah I guess we should report it, but mods should have initiative though. if they see a useless post like "thanks for sharing". they should delete it themselves even if we didn't report it. :disgust:
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: have you read my reply? We DO delete it. do i have to say it again? there are tons of threads. do you think we can delete it in just a snap? oh how demanding.
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

oops sorry, I didn't see it, I thought the new posts started in this one: [quote=meng.o3]:arrow: i don't see any reports with regards to that :o maybe some mods zaaped it without action. . . . o yeah i saw one of your reports in the Blog section. sorry, but i am not a mod of that section and it seems the mods there are busy =|[/quote] I wasn't able to read the other posts before that, so thats why... Again I'm sorry...
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: oh okay, better read carefully next time.
alliana01
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

what if to prevent these spams in those layout thread, Everytime a layout maker creates a new thread for his/her layout.. he/she should lock the thread so no one can reply.. the threadstarter can say that any ideas can be pm-ed to him/her but the problem is the threadstarter will probably get a lot of pm after that

Last edited by alliana01 (2008-03-12 04:27:27)

cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[b]@aya[/b]: hmn.. i think dat wudnt b imlplmnted.. coz layouts makers need comments for dem to know dat der layout is gud or not.. =)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 18:40

[ 11 queries - 0.028 second ]
Privacy Policy