• ARCHIVES 
  • » Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this

Pages: 1

Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this

nimiel
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this

Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this just a category so the forum gains more posts to gain more members?..:disgust:*peace
0b3
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this

lol everyone knows what a recycle bin is, i know you do! so i reckon you're wonderin why it's there and not hidden or totally deleted from view, right? lmao.. it's useful for people like me who loves to scavenge old posts with questions that has been answered. this way i need not post nor bother to make another question when the answer is right there.. no need to wait for the answers or wonder when my query will get someone's attention if ever.. i did this esp when i was still new, and too afraid to ask at the help thread lest i'd be breakin some rules so yeah. it still serves its purpose.. recycling is so good! harhar..
nimiel
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this

so what ur saying is you can just look around the bin for answering the questions?.. and for the forum not to be crowded.. how about those who violates the rules.. or something like this: Sorry, doubleposted a topic (or something like that) I saw tons of posts like that..
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:o :o This is the first time i encountered a member asking whats the use of the bin. wahahaha :lol: :lol: LOL [b]FYI.[/b] The bin is where all closed topics go. After moderators have closed a certain [b]TOPIC[/b], he/she will move it after 24hours to the bin. You are using computer are you? Have you encountered the so called "recycle bin" in your computer?. To those spam posts, after moderators delete it, it will not go to the bin. It will be deleted forever, meaning no trace. The recycle bin will be also of use for evidences for example on certain situations. From the word [b]RECYCLE.[/b] i cant believe this line: [quote]Is this just a category so the forum gains more posts to gain more members?..:disgust: *peace[/quote] huh?! :o :lol: [hr] :/ one more thing. are you just asking what a recycle bin is? coz i dont think this topic falls as a suggestion or a feedback coz you were asking. :/ :paranoid:

Last edited by ducheszv (2008-03-24 06:36:24)

Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^Counter Ronery lol :lol: nicely done. very well said. *winnnn* _________________ Even the recycle bin "Hack!! whats wrong now with the bin???? *facepalm.exe* star/t/ [img]http://www.imagehustler.com/0208/1202082439.jpg[/img] Whats the use? or What the heck [quote]so what ur saying is you can just look around the bin for answering the questions?.. and for the forum not to be crowded.. how about those who violates the rules.. or something like this: Sorry, doubleposted a topic (or something like that) I saw tons of posts like that..[/quote] i thought its common sense... well isn't clear?? recycle bin is a sanctuary of solved/unused/rubbish topic and it is being dumped there....therefore it is clearly obvious to the members the usage of the effin recycle bin it is connoted as a recycling area cause there are some useful info that can be recycle or retrieve but of course spam is not a non-biodegradable it is a stupid waste that cannot be recycled lol so we incinerate it for good and about those hard-headed violators that are spamming/doubleposting/advertising we simply delete their obsolete posts and thats it and if this explanation isn't clear enough for you to comprehend then try to read and analyze the conforming reply of duchesvz .. . *double facepalm* and by the way your post here aren't showing any suggestion and feedbacks instead you are asking something so this is not the right place to rant this matter well i was disturbed by this line: [quote]Is this just a category so the forum gains more posts to gain more members?..:disgust: *peace[/quote] zomgwtfhhbbq lol whats the connection of this for gaining new members here on this forum :O lol WOW i didn't knew that recycle bin can be a promoter of this forum too it can make the forum gain members lmao *multi faceplam* :lol: [spoiler]The Forum Gained This members bcuz of teh Recycle bin: [img]http://www.imagehustler.com/0308/1206353253.png[/img][img]http://www.imagehustler.com/0308/1206353326.png[/img][img]http://www.imagehustler.com/0308/1206353287.png[/img] the recycle bin receives the 1032323232300000000 internetz winner award[/spoiler]

Last edited by Shirow Masamune (2008-03-24 09:11:58)

kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ Yeah i agree with you Recycle bin gain more members? lol i can't believe that recycle bin can do that lol ..( No Offense )

Last edited by kimyasay10 (2008-03-24 05:51:28)

portuniecho
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

@thread starter,, i think ur on da wrong thread,, :paranoid: :paranoid: wat did u suggest here,,or feedbacks?? :paranoid: it look likes,,ur askin for wats da bin used for?? :rolleyes: u should be ask dis on help section,, =) coz i think,,all of the members here,,know wat is da use of our BIN,, i cant see any feedbacks from ur post,, :paranoid: as its says on our rules here at ftalk,, number 1 rule?? [b] use ur common sense[/b].. =) :thumbsup: no offense buddy,, =)

Last edited by portuniecho (2008-03-24 06:43:44)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Oops guys watch your replies. :eh: Anyway... The Recycle Bin is a [b]common[/b] category in all forums. Most closed or solved topics are moved there. Why you ask? Let me give a good example... [b]Help Section Reason:[/b] [quote][b]Member 1[/b] posts at Help Section regarding on how to hide Google ads or the logo. [b]Member 2[/b] answers/replies on the said topic. [b]Member 1[/b] gives thanks to [b]Member 2[/b] due to [b]Member 2[/b] helped [b]Member 1[/b]. [b]Admin/Moderator[/b] closes thread and moves it to Recycle Bin.[/quote] [quote]After a few hours [b]Member 3[/b] wants to know how to hide Google ads or the logo and logo as well. Rather than posting he uses [url=http://theftalk.com/search.php][b]Search Function[/b][/url]. [b]Member 3[/b] types on search and poof! Search will show related topics to his/her liking.[/quote] [b]Tricks and Tutorial Reason:[/b] Some codes that are send to the recycle bin are non-working codes or codes that had work before but now it doesn't work due to constant Friendster updates but remember old codes can be used as basis to create better codes. All you have to do is [url=http://theftalk.com/search.php][b]Search[/b][/url] and find the topic, then if you have the ability to transform the old non-working code to a working one, all you need to do is edit and apply credits. It's not right to delete a post if the post has good intent on it. We mostly delete post if it is spam.

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-03-24 06:31:00)

nimiel
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

come on.. there are like 200,000 posts in there.. it may sound weird but most people are attracted when they see a site has many posts.. sure the bin is usable but I still see spam.. the spam (a topic) should be immediately deleted.. I saw spams like: Can I spam here?.. Obviously it's a spam.. _____________ PS.. duh I know what a bin is.. lol
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Those topics serve as evidence in case some members get the idea to become repeat-offenders and also so that they know why they've suddenly become cursed or banned =) I'm also curious whenever that happens :eh: =| For now, the need for evidence outweighs the need for deletion. It is wiser to keep them. :paranoid: Hmmm, now that you mention it, I'm wondering which of our members joined bcoz of our attractive recycling bin :lol:
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=nimiel]come on.. PS.. duh I know what a bin is.. lol[/quote] So you know... do you? Anyway... I think you forgot that spam is considered as trash and the virtual trash can is also known as the recycle bin. We only use the delete function if a certain topic is full of spam. Example: [quote]Topic: Good reply: Good reply: Good reply: Spam: [Delete] Good reply: Good reply:[/quote] Hope you get the concept above. Also... [quote]there are like 200,000 posts in there.. it may sound weird but most people are attracted when they see a site has many posts..[/quote] That's not a proper reason at all... Can you give a more precise/proper reason... For the info the recycle bin only has [b]13275[/b] topics. Based on 75/50 Pagination. 75 topics per page x 177 overall pages (March 30 2008 based on the time of this post) [hr][hr][hr][hr][hr] Spam and Flame topics aren't delete often so, it can serve as evidence to Cursed or Banned status of some members.

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-03-29 23:51:27)

switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

to be honest... not that im a scavenger.. i really like reading in trash bin speacially if i want to learn about certain individual.. u can trace it there thru their old topic... wonder not about recycle bin... leave it that way... thats the forum want respect that.. i believe u got ur own forum too.. u have ur way .. this forum got their own as well... :kiss:
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=nimiel]come on.. there are like 200,000 posts in there.. it may sound weird but most people are attracted when they see a site has many posts.. sure the bin is usable but I still see spam.. the spam (a topic) should be immediately deleted.. I saw spams like: Can I spam here?.. Obviously it's a spam.. _____________ PS.. duh I know what a bin is.. lol[/quote] I don't know if you are serious or not. Don't you read their replies in this topic? Most of the topics in the Recycle Bin serve as proof or evidence whenever a member spam in the active sections. It doesn't bother you, me, us or other people by the recycle bin since nobody can post a new topic there or reply to a topic.
Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

what happened to this topic and where's the threadstarter gone?? :o we need his feedback now :lol:
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ lol the topic starter is scavenging in the recycle bin :o =D joking Anywhoo... guests do not join friendstertalk coz of the recycle bin.. you know why? it isnt even visible to unregistered people. :rolleyes:
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote]Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this just a category so the forum gains more posts to gain more members?[/quote] Recycle Bin in here just the same like the Recycle Bin in every computer. That represents a directory where deleted files are [b]temporarily stored[/b]. U asked "What's the use?" Did u never use the Recycle Bin function on ur Computer? [quote]come on.. there are like 200,000 posts in there.. it may sound weird but most people are attracted when they see a site has many posts.. sure the bin is usable but I still see spam.. the spam (a topic) should be immediately deleted.. I saw spams like: Can I spam here?.. Obviously it's a spam.. _____________ PS.. duh I know what a bin is.. lol[/quote] U don't know what a bin is? Read carefully in [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recycle_bin]here[/url]. :lol: Then U might understand what is the function of Recycle Bin. [b]Most of the topics in the Recycle Bin serve as proof or evidence whenever a member spam in the active sections. It doesn't bother you, me, us or other people by the recycle bin since nobody can post a new topic there or reply to a topic.[/b] If u saw spams on Recycle Bin. That's the reason why the thread were moved to Recycle Bin. Get my point? Btw.[i] FYI. [/i]Most of international forums also have their Recycle Bin/Trash Basket. [b]Alert.[/b] Don't click if u have heart disease. =d [spoiler][img]http://www.imagehustler.com/0208/1202081109.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

hehehe.. better stop this topic... this is worthless.. i too when im only a newbie in other forum do find trash bin lil intriguing why keep trash.. trash is trash ayt.. but as i stay longer i find its purpose.. maybe nimiel is juz being curious like me before.. maybe he is juz concern that keeping too much trashy stuff may slow down the forum function.. that was my tot before lol.. stupid me... spare this case this tym guys... leave it ... hope this could be close..
admin
» FTalkManiac

nimiel, I think all your questions has been answered above, I just wanna add that before posting these kind of statements: [quote=nimiel]come on.. there are like 200,000 posts in there.. it may sound weird but most people are attracted when they see a site has many posts..[/quote] Maybe you should at least verify yourself whether your statements are really logical or not. If you don't get what I mean then probably you might wanna try to log out and view this forum index as a guest.
Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ OWNED =D nice one admin *promotions* epic lulz :lol:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Just asking here... what's the use of the bin thing.. I mean, you can't post anthing in there coz it's the bin.. and u can alwas lock the topic in a certain category or permanently delete it.. Is this

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 11:19

[ 10 queries - 0.031 second ]
Privacy Policy