• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]Piriform's Recuva[/b] Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the R

Pages: 12

[b]Piriform's Recuva[/b] Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the R

Kaikoaztig
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: [b]Piriform's Recuva[/b] Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the R

Very useful! Thanks for Sharing ;)
jpkalimot
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: [b]Piriform's Recuva[/b] Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the R

I have here also called Files Scavenger. If you accidentally reformat your Computer without saving your important files. With File Scavenger®, files can be recovered from reformatted or corrupted volumes. This is even possible when a volume has been deleted and its original position and size are unknown. File Scavenger® can scan an entire physical hard drive to look for traces of defunct volumes. File Scavenger® has advanced algorithms to transparently handle disks with many bad sectors and badly corrupted partitions. The software can be installed on a hard drive or run from a floppy disk. To run File Scavenger®, you must log on as a system administrator to the computer where data recovery is intended. Disclaimer: Files can only be restored if the disk areas allocated to the files have not been overwritten by new data. When a file is restored, it is not guaranteed that the content of the recovered file is the same as the original. It is your responsibility to validate the integrity of the data prior to using it Important Notice: The determining factor of successful data recovery is that the volume (i.e. a drive letter such as C:, D:, E:, etc., also referred to as a "drive" or "partition") where the deleted data resided has not been modified. When modifications are made to the volume, the deleted data may be permanently overwritten because the disk clusters they occupied may be reallocated. Common scenarios when this may occur are: New files are created on the volume. Existing files are expanded. New software (including File Scavenger) is installed on the volume. If the volume contains a network share, network users may unknowingly modify the volume when accessing shared files. Applications running on the computer may update the volume. If the volume is the system volume, Windows may modify the volume for internal housekeeping tasks. If the volume contains the Internet Explorer cache, it may be modified when IE is started. If the volume contains the "TEMP" directory, it may be modified by installation software. The safest way we recommend to recover files is as follows: First, stop any activities that may write to the volume to be recovered. Watch out for: Network users accessing shares on the volume. Applications on the local computer. The Windows operating system if the volume contains the system folder or the page file. In this case you may have to shutdown the computer, remove the drive and install it on another computer for recovery. Download the floppy version of File Scavenger onto the hard drive on a second computer. Extract and copy the files onto a blank floppy disk. Insert the floppy disk to the computer with the volume to be recovered. Run File Scavenger from the floppy drive. (Click Start, Run and type "a:\filescav.exe".) Once any files have been found by File Scavenger, restore them to a different volume. (Recovering files to the same volume may cause deleted data to be overwritten and unrecoverable.) Screenshots: [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/111598p.jpg[/img]
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

im sure even i havent tested this, it dnt work perfectly and recover everything! only recover supported formats!
jddrulez
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i already tried this application. yeah! it really recovers deleted files (from bin), but there is kinda disadvantage, because i just notice that my recovered file like images, usually .jpg extension is recovered but corrupted, i cant even see or edit the pic. also, my notepad(.txt) file, my saved codes is not what it has to be, all became boxes/symbols that i can't understand. Well, this was what i had experienced using this app, maybe it's just me or whatsoever. just try it for yourself.
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ i experienced that too. how about trying this pandora recovery, one of the powerful recovery software i used! but it only recover supported files. http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=pandora+recovery&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows%2CWebware&filter=platform%3DWindows%2CWebware

Last edited by ReverzerO (2010-05-31 07:09:47)

jddrulez
» FTalker
1969-12-31

^ cool.. thnx bro! imma try this one.. very useful...
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

good luck bro and try to recover a files including the exact name especially when the file is in the folder, it really recover exactly", i have tested that before and it works perfectly",
Dfamador
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

So does this mean deleted files (even those deleted in the Recycle Bin) are not really deleted at all? As in not totally banished from the computer? :plotting:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

yes unless the hard disk was destroyed",
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]Piriform's Recuva[/b] Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the R

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 13:37

[ 12 queries - 0.033 second ]
Privacy Policy