• ARCHIVES 
  • » Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be s

Pages: 12

Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be s

admin
» FTalkManiac

Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be s

Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be seen by members with post count > 100. http://theftalk.com/help.php - new quote function, easier for quoting multiple posts. (If you prefer the old way, click/open the quote link in a new tab/window) - the function to merge the posts is back again - profile/user cp updates - egroups [quote]- Any post you made on the egroups section is not added into your post count. - To create a group or become a group leader, a member should have been registered for at least 12 weeks and have 500 post count. - In this section the standard forum rules apply. - A group leader act as moderator in the group, he/she is also able to delete posts.[/quote] If you find any error or flaw in the functionality related to these updates please post it on this thread. For errors in any other section of the forum please post them here: http://theftalk.com/t24999-Forum-Errors.-Post-them-here.html Thank you. :) + I noticed that the recycle bin section is getting piled up. Do you think its necessary to keep all those threads, or is it ok to empty the recycle bin regularly (e.g. every month)?

Last edited by admin (2008-05-08 12:45:18)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be s

I can review one topic by one topic in recycle bin. If you will give me some access in it, I will just delete the unnecessary topics and remain the others that can be use in the future for further and detailed resource. I will edit each first post that I reviewed with this: [quote][i]Reviewed | Remain[/i][/quote] -- I just noticed that in eGroup, there is no [b]Multiple Deletion of posts[/b]. I guess if a group will have a large number of members, the leader would have a hard time removing those spams if ever.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be s

[quote=admin]I noticed that the recycle bin section is getting piled up. Do you think its necessary to keep all those threads, or is it ok to empty the recycle bin regularly (e.g. every month)?[/quote] Maybe every 4-5 months is ok sir. =) Anyway is there a group delete function on egroups?
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Can a group have multiple leaders? Let's say.. At least 3. =) Why? Uhm.. For some reasons, the leader can't attend and govern to group discussions all the time. :lol: Anyway, I support Eehjhay's idea about the recycle bin issue.. And if I can help, I will help. :D [b]@admin[/b] How're the T-shirts? Any news? :wow:
Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: wow =) great updates and new features... about our recycle bin?..i agree with you admin ,think it has to be empty monthly..
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Oh, I just saw how the User Profile looks like now. :o Looks so good to my eyes. :eh: I'm starting to think if we can customize it using CSS. :redface:
admin
» FTalkManiac

[quote=eehjhay]I just noticed that in eGroup, there is no Multiple Deletion of posts. I guess if a group will have a large number of members, the leader would have a hard time removing those spams if ever.[/quote] A group leader can delete multiple post by choosing the delete posts option from 'Actions Select' (the one above quick reply box) after he checked the # of the posts. [quote=Ephemeral]is there a group delete function on egroups?[/quote] Yes there is group delete function. But group leaders cannot delete their own groups. [quote=xavierkym]Can a group have multiple leaders? Let's say.. At least 3. Why? Uhm.. For some reasons, the leader can't attend and govern to group discussions all the time.[/quote] No. Only one leader per group. In that case, the leader may transfer the position to another member. [quote=xavierkym]How're the T-shirts? Any news?[/quote] I trusted a friend of mine to deal with the tshirts. The last time he said the tshirts have been printed but none of them has been sent. ---- About the recycle bin, I dont wanna let any of you reviewing 15 000 trashed topics because thats too much.
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

No. thats ok admin. Some people use the bin as their extra resource. They usually gather infos from the bin and study them. One of those (can i say scavenger? haha joke) is switpotato. Or we can just move the useful old topics into a new section (Archive section - which I suggested before), then the remaining unnecessary trashed topics can be deleted permanently from the bin. So every time we will clean the bin, we can just do this for every two months after the first attempt. By the way, is it ok if the private eGroup will be locked from the non-members of that private eGroup? What I mean is, they have to be a member in order for them to read the posts. But of course moderators can see the posts even if the group is private.

Last edited by eehjhay (2008-05-08 12:47:58)

Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

wew finallly epic lulz for teh great admin =D :thumbsup:
harvii
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=xavierkym]Oh, I just saw how the User Profile looks like now. :o Looks so good to my eyes. :eh: I'm starting to think if we can customize it using CSS. :redface:[/quote] Wee.. I like the new User CP! It's fully costumize. By the way, nice updates sir. I just found out that you can only join one egroup at a time. Is that possible if we can join at least 2 or 3 egroups at a time?

Last edited by ' 'eMokIdD (2008-05-08 17:16:19)

jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Hey Admin, Thanks For Those Updates. This Is Really Cool ESP: The e-group. :D:thumbsup:
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=' 'eMokIdD]By the way, nice updates sir. I just found out that you can only join one egroup at a time. Is that possible if we can join at least 2 or 3 egroups at a time?[/quote] :arrow: i was wondering about that option too.
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^ So the analogy would be like you have 2 or more fraternity at the same time? haha.. Joke. Hmm.. It's pretty much better if members would only have an option to choose only one group to prevent lots of spams in any group threads.
Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: how about additional "poll" navigation in each group admin?..i just think it is needed..;) just a suggestion..
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=eehjhay]^ So the analogy would be like you have 2 or more fraternity at the same time? haha.. Joke. Hmm.. It's pretty much better if members would only have an option to choose only one group to prevent lots of spams in any group threads.[/quote] :arrow: like 2 or 3 at most. example, there are two groups that you want to be at, the one is in line with your skills, - like graphics, layouts.. etc. and the other is where your friends at, like a clique. or one for public and one for private?

Last edited by meng.o3 (2008-05-10 09:47:50)

admin
» FTalkManiac

[quote=eehjhay]No. thats ok admin. Some people use the bin as their extra resource. They usually gather infos from the bin and study them. One of those (can i say scavenger? haha joke) is switpotato. Or we can just move the useful old topics into a new section (Archive section - which I suggested before), then the remaining unnecessary trashed topics can be deleted permanently from the bin. So every time we will clean the bin, we can just do this for every two months after the first attempt.[/quote] The Archives section has been created. From now own all the old and outdated threads thats still useful for reference should be put in this section. All moderators have been given permission to moderate the Recycle Bin and Archives section. [quote=eehjhay]By the way, is it ok if the private eGroup will be locked from the non-members of that private eGroup? What I mean is, they have to be a member in order for them to read the posts. But of course moderators can see the posts even if the group is private.[/quote] The problem is that non-group members will not be able to report the post if they see rules violation. So I think its better to leave it as is (viewable to everyone but only group member can post) [quote=lordheinz]how about additional "poll" navigation in each group admin?..i just think it is needed.. just a suggestion..[/quote] I dont really get it, could you please explain a little bit about the 'poll' navigation, and what exactly it should do? ------ Regarding membership in more than 1 group, it will need a lot of modifications because the current egroups and its database structure were only designed simply as 'one member to one group' relation. I'm not sure if i'll be able do it soon, I prefer to keep the current way though. :D
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]The Archives section has been created. From now own all the old and outdated threads thats still useful for reference should be put in this section. All moderators have been given permission to moderate the Recycle Bin and Archives section.[/quote] Actually I can't find that Archive section. Is it already available now? [quote=admin]The problem is that non-group members will not be able to report the post if they see rules violation. So I think its better to leave it as is (viewable to everyone but only group member can post)[/quote] I ask this because my group is kinda obscene in some ways. Haha.. I just want to protect my members from other non-group-members to abuse them by taking some info about my members. Anyway if it wont be applicable, it's alright. hehe.. I posted some images in my group. I guess the images are ok since I already stated some rules in the first lines in the descriptions. View at their own risk. Haha..
admin
» FTalkManiac

[quote=eehjhay]Actually I can't find that Archive section. Is it already available now?[/quote] I'm sorry I forgot to set the correct access permission. It should be viewable now, above the recycle bin. :)
KhErMiNaToR
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

now the BIN have moderators.. :lol::thumbsup:
TA Juleigtin Siahaan
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

wew..:D :D OMG :o :o That's so cooolllllll..:wallbash: I really love the updates n the new features..:thumbsup: You're so rocks [b]bram[/b]..:cool: Btw,a million thanks to u for the [b]T-Shirt[/b]..:crybaby: :crybaby: I'm so surprised this afternoon when I was in my office,I received a packet..=D The T-Shirt is so wonderful..:wow: :wow: Great design you got there [b]bram[/b] =) You're my idol..:cool: :P Regards to you

Last edited by TA Juleigtin Siahaan (2008-05-12 05:45:06)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » Hello guys, :D here are some little updates and features that have been added in the past few days: - Private bbcode tag. You can set some part of your post to private. The private part can only be s

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:16

[ 10 queries - 0.020 second ]
Privacy Policy