• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

Pages: 12

[b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

[b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do you think?[/b]
MiNEKOARCH
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Re: [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

yeah i agree with you.. :eh:
Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

:arrow: the main reason for those spams is that..in that section there is no control,in that section..moderators are not active...:wasted:..No offense im just telling the truth...

Last edited by lordheinz (2008-05-25 06:41:37)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

You can't blame the mods since they are somehow busy. but i'm sure deathwish4MCR-freak-dude was active right? with 13 thousand plus posts, i hope she's also doing her job and not only posting. i have no hatred against her but that's the truth.
'-'LoisFuLL'-'
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Sorry for not doing my job. I didn't have my internet for almost 3 months, but now, I'm back i'll try to clean those spammy threads. :( Again sorry.
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Holy crap! I didn't know that? She have 13 thousand+ posts?! I dont want to give such criticisms but I have to spit it out. This forum is not politics. She is not in a member of the politics who can scare people that under her. I often see her do that. And also I see most of her post is about her guy. I can see her moderate sometimes but if we compare the number of total posts and how often she moderates, well it says something. People can change but it is better if they change for the better. -- @lois dont worry. your excuse is acceptable.

Last edited by eehjhay (2008-05-25 11:06:55)

meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: im one of the moderators too in that section. but im also handling layout sections.. which i dunno if other mods moderate too...don't worry, i'll try to clean up if not tonight, maybe tomorrow...one more day to go and summer classes are over.. also, i encourage others to use report button in the threads in Fun Corner. Thank You. ~~ OMG. Zee really have 13+ posts. :O
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

;) I think Yuna does her job =| Perhaps it's just not any moderator's favorite section to moderate =| Maybe some of the other moderators could also be given jurisdiction in that section [b]@topic[/b] woah :o we can't just delete topics on the fly :retard: if I remember correctly, there was an incident not too long ago. Alot of members who play those games check the posts on those one-word games daily. I used to be one of em =) but more like adding 3-words to continue the story, or the alphabetical conversation. Many forums have these kind of games but I also think that there are a bunch of those games that haven't been played since last year; the ones that never come back to the 1st page :D :thumbsup: I think that maybe those are safe to delete
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

About Fun Corner. Supposedly, it's one of the most viewed and crowded section everyday. Because it's a Fun Corner where everyone should have fun by posting there. And fun is unlimited. :) And of course we can't avoid those daily spams right? And I'm not an omniscient being who can see everything on my handled section. Remember I'm just a human being. Beside, members can report any unappropriate thread/post if they find one. There are 5 mods there. And we can't force those mods to post in that section everyday. I'm not alone in that section. Fyi. I always zapped Reports from any section. First thing I click when I login to ftalk is [url][b]There are new reports[/b][/url] link. Include Fun Corner. I came I closed any 1 word thread or less than 3 words game. [b]Note[/b] : I have 9 Sections to moderate. Not only Fun Corner. And off from the topic. About my 13 k posts. It has no business with anything. [i]Fyi[/i], I rarely post now. I'm not spamming in anywhere. And I do not post only about one thing. And btw, this is not a deathwish4MCR-freak-dude's thread. :P

Last edited by deathwish4MCR-freak-dude (2008-05-25 20:40:40)

switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

weee deathwish4MCR-freak-dude is ryt.. why the topic becamed hers lol... why not split these.. :P
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Well it's just first reaction. Who wont be surprise? Before I saw kristina had 5,000 total posts, then after months, somebody boost up its total posts to 13,000 posts. It's unbelievable. I wonder where are the members we used to call spammers. Well anyway forgive me if I offended somebody. It's just a reaction. I became really attached to this forum so if ever I overreact, it is because I am just concerned about this forum. I moderate 13 sections (plus two: Recycle bin and Archive. But all staffs do moderate those two additional sections), and I like moderating many sections. Everyday I visit them one by one. I dont just post for fun nor for the number of posts. I dont even know my total posts right now. Anyway, if ever the other moderators having difficulties on their handled sections, notify us other moderators so we can help. We are a team remember? If ever we have some disagreement on other fields in life, we have to separate them from our responsibility on moderating. We can consider this as work. Thus balance the work and the other things that we deal everyday.

Last edited by eehjhay (2008-05-26 01:35:00)

Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]Sorry I haven't replied. There was something wrong with Smart Bro. Stupid Smart Bro. :disgust: Anyway, I'm not stating that we should remove that section, I am just pointing out if you are aware of the Fun Corner is turning into the Spam Corner. The Games are bringing the spam, if they post once then somebody else posts, the first guy will come back and the process repeats over and over. Thus causing spam. Most of the games require 1-3 words which is not allowed. Some of the games I am referring to: Yes or No? Guess How Many Posts. What Do You Hear Right Now. Guess My Pet. Yum or Yuck Guess The Favorite Subject. All of those require 1-3 words. People can choose to put more words but some others, you can't help but just put a few words. These are just what I think, you can disagree all you want but this is really what I believe is the problem.[/b]

Last edited by Deviantangel1995 (2008-05-26 03:06:40)

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

You do make a valid point of the posts having a spam-like nature, but some of those topics give admin alot of hits to this site =| The number of views on those threads are high. I think he'll want to keep those. This forum is a free community and we are free to make posts on it, but remember this: there's no such thing as a free lunch. I think we should just wait for admin's reply on this matter =| :thumbsup:
stitch05
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

i think its better to delete some of those topics like this thread http://theftalk.com/t25212-lip-sync-kid.html and this http://theftalk.com/t25712-The-Riddle-Game..html that thread is not active anymore., and i visited fun corner a while ago 2 help.. there are 8 pages and some of those threads are nonsense..:/ just like this one.. http://theftalk.com/t22456-The-Importance-of-Correct-Punctuation..html there are threads that not active anymore.. better if mod will close those topics.. its just my advice..:D
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I have closed Videos threads. And create a new thread. [url=http://theftalk.com/t32993-Post-Funny-Video-here!.html]Funny Video compilation[/url]. So other members will be easier to have fun. Also I have closed some non-sense threads. All moved to [url=http://theftalk.com/f33-Recycle-Bin.html]Recycle Bin.[/url] :penguin: Ahem. About riddle games. I'm still waiting for my other co-mods' opinions. =) I'm planning to close them and create a new thread. Just like the Compilation thread.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Rather than complaining. I suggest report the said spammy post. About the 13k+ post of yuna... I see no problem... She was a member here before I wasm and she is one of the discoverers of the forum. Why make a big fuss... I remembered to check some of the deleted threads containing deathwish4MCR-freak-dude post trying to help the members on their country section. Please consider the facts first. If you guys want. I think we should remove the Fun Corner. Quickens page the load and removes spammy topics. In any case... The general the purpose of Fun thread is to have fun. I suggest post a ironic rule yet a backstabbing one. Example rule: [spoiler] Welcome to Fun Corner! Where spamming exist! Just don't over use your freedom because you'll look like an idiot talking to a wall.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-05-26 07:34:41)

koleen_shigella
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

ei, i guess its not a matter of how many moderators are there.. or not a matter of how well our moderators do checkings and clean ups.. i mean, to a lot of posts enterd everyday, we dont expect them to notice these spams right away (but i know, they're almost to being perfect =) ) its a matter of these undiciplined people who doesnt have anything else to do but.......... i guess, because they lack dicipline, then its the moderators who will let these spammers taste a bit sweetess of respect, a bunch kindness of discipline.. and best of all, once caught, a lifetime super-no-touch to friendstertlk.com.. =) we are just practicing justice and fairness here... so no matter how we try to be good and plea like "no spamming pls....", there will always be those people who tries to break the rules.. anyway, sorry for them... they will experience how does it feel to have a super-no-touch to this forum, ayt??
Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]I second Ephe's motion to delete the Fun Corner but I don't think it is the choice of just the mods. How about I make a poll or somebody else does (Maybe a mod?). To either keep or delete the section. Mods, this is your call. =| P.S. Who cares about Yuna's post count? It doesn't matter, she is one of the founders so I think she has all the right to have 13k+ posts. =)[/b]
switpotato
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

:paranoid: who cares about number of post...? I do... :P to much blah blah w/o essence is spamming too.. if u moderators...will reason out... im human after all.. i moderate lot of topic ekek... and i cant moderate all of them.. then step down let other do the job... dont grab all the responsibility... this isnt a free buffet... just concentrate ..to thread u like most and u can assure .. u can monitor... being a mod is a big responsibility specially w/ this kind of forum to many member ..to many spammer.. but still too many user too willing to help... pass it to them if u cant act as a gud model... dont be a worst scenario neither..
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=Deviantangel1995]I second Ephe's motion to delete the Fun Corner but I don't think it is the choice of just the mods. How about I make a poll or somebody else does (Maybe a mod?). To either keep or delete the section. Mods, this is your call. =| P.S. Who cares about Yuna's post count? It doesn't matter, she is one of the founders so I think she has all the right to have 13k+ posts. =)[/quote] I am assuring that you understand my opinions properly because you agreed to it. But... Do you know the complete consequence? I have a good reason if you would ask me that's why I gave my opinion earlier. For you? As the one who's complaining/giving a feed back. Can you give a proper reason why you support my opinion and want it approved? Of course if you support my idea. It means, you're ready to accept the consequence that 60% to 70% of the members might hate you right?
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:04

[ 10 queries - 0.054 second ]
Privacy Policy