• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

Pages: 12

[b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

[b]Hate is a word and I am willing to take it on. My thoughts and convictions are only focused towards the progression of this forum. If they cannot understand that, then it will not be my problem. In short: I'm asking you to do this for the good of the forum. If they do not agree, then it is alright with me but all I am pointing out is that why do we put rules to avoid spam if we have a place that begs for it. I am well aware of the consequences and I will take all of them if I must but it is not my decision to remove it. I now rest the decision to the mods and members, I am just the one who brought the idea to a decision amongst everyone. If ever they become angry at me then I share the blame to those who agree, not to save my soul but to make them think about their acts if ever the removal of the Fun Corner was done. Now, my question is... Do you want it removed?[/b]
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

I would have said something frank earlier like, For me it's ok to remove the Fun Corner. No problem! [b]If...[/b] I wasn't a moderator. I think we can't accept the offer if the majority of the members doesn't agree to it. Besides... Your feedback is kinda one sided. I can still derive, you really do not understand what a forum is all about. Of course there's spamming and other bunch of mayhem on forums because, it's [b]community[/b]. Like in real life there are trouble makers here too... Do you mean you really got ticked off because of spam? Kinda funny don't you think?
Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]Tis' true that what I've said is one-sided but I have another side to it too. Here is my disagreeing side: Though it is true that a spam-less place will be ideal a place for fun being removed is not an option. Removing the section is not a smart option, rather the removal of some of those spammy games will be good. Also, removing it all will be shallow or in other words [i]"mababaw"[/i] And you are right that this place is like real life but as you said yourself there are troublemakers. Are you not "ticked off" by troublemakers? Thus, I come to this conclusion and possible solution to this dilemma: Remove spammy threads not the Fun Corner. [hr] Forgive my one-sided-ness earlier, I was not able to point out my other insights due to those who question the other side.[/b]
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

If only I am allowed to make a thread in the Fun-Corner. Entitled: [b]"This thread is going to be the biggest thread in FTalk!!"[/b] Where spammers and nonsense post do exist! :O Haha. Nah, that's a very stupid thing to do. But hey, one of the forums that I joined has that kind of thing. :lol: Wait, I think mods of that section are doing their job as what I have read at the backstage. :eh:

Last edited by xavierkym (2008-05-26 17:44:25)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

How about exclude the Fun Corner on the list of sections that provides post counts, eh? Then make the status of the section to automatic "pruning" Forums usually have that feature. No need to argue. Let us wait for the Admin to share his opinion and announcement of his decision.
Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]^^You're right. That way people will just go there to actually have a good time not to increase post counts. Brilliant. :thumbsup: But I guess it's still admin's decision. =|[/b]
nimiel
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral]I am assuring that you understand my opinions properly because you agreed to it. But... Do you know the complete consequence? I have a good reason if you would ask me that's why I gave my opinion earlier. For you? As the one who's complaining/giving a feed back. Can you give a proper reason why you support my opinion and want it approved? Of course if you support my idea. It means, yoiu're ready to accept the consequence that 60% to 70% of the members might hate you right?[/quote] yeah, I guess so. Spam, I mean Fun Corner is having a Spamapalooza. They obviously abuse the fun corner. Because you can wait like one minute or less before someone posts. So you can post like a thousand a day if you are online for a whole day. I guess, it would be better if: Other forums beside fun corner= +posts fun corner= 1 per every 10 posts =) so I think no one is crazy enough to try to get 1 point for 10 posts. :eh: to avoid spamming, I guess we should do our part to report to the mods the spam. and I think it's better to have a day or two of blocking members from viewing the fun corner so mods can raid away with no worries :D just a suggestion. so don't get mad at me if it's not good =)
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Now, The post system in Fun Corner is the same with eGroups. [b]- Any post you made on the Fun Corner section will not be added to your post count.[/b]
bratinela01
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ :o really? =D nice idea. almost of the threads there are "guess the blah blah" ohmygod. what do you think of us? fortune teller? lol :lol:
nimiel
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

yeah! thanks for that. wait, if you post in the fun corner like last May, it counts right? good idea, but others posted thousands already there. too bad :(
CoWoCuPu
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

so y can just the moderator... delete the game or remind the person who spawn in there,, that he or she can't do that in here? so, we gunno free for awhile, rite?!
jan010
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

:wallbash: <<<<<<<<<<< here we go again.... *Spam *spam *spam *spam here,*spam there.... hayzz :arrow: let the Mods do there job.... :lol: (no offense to Mods)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

This feedback was resolved a long time go. Why make another issue regarding on how the moderators act and why revive a outdated topic that has already been solved? To moderators of this thread. Kindly lock this.

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-07-26 13:05:12)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]The fun corner is getting spam-y because of the games. Also, some of the posts are off topic. I think we should limit it to riddles jokes etc. Not those games that only require one word. What do

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:20

[ 11 queries - 0.024 second ]
Privacy Policy