• ARCHIVES 
  • » After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to t

Pages: 12

After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to t

the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to t

After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to the masses. In fact, some companies have already stopped offering XP as an option on new machines as they prep for the switchover. Earlier rumors that Microsoft might extend the sales date have proven untrue, as Microsoft has reiterated that, indeed, June 30 will be the final sales date cut-off for the product. That's it. It's a Vista world now. Loopholes will remain for some PC makers for some months to come, namely those who are building ultra-low-cost computers that aren't powerful enough for Vista. (Though some machines in this class, like HP's Mini-Note, actually come with Vista anyway.) For at least the rest of the year, downgrades remain an option for many PC purchasers too, though you'll have to jump through some hoops, and possibly pay extra, in order to get XP. As I've written several times (and reassured many of you in email responses), XP fans needn't panic about the loss of XP. Even if you don't have a copy on hand, the product will be available through many channels for years to come (and likely forever), through both retail outlets and the aftermarket. As I type this, nearly 1,000 copies of XP are on sale on eBay, where they usually sell for less than $100. In other news, Microsoft has recently pledged to keep supporting XP, including the release of security updates, all the way through 2014. So XP users needn't fret that you'll suddenly be victimized by hackers due to unpatched security flaws. Updates should work exactly as you're used to them currently through the Windows Update system. [b]source:[/b] [spoiler] at yahoo tech [url]http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/96295[/url] [/spoiler]

Last edited by the_legend_killer (2008-06-28 04:34:08)

floid0523
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to t

I have no intention of readin this! hmmm make it brief!
Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to t

:arrow: i think most of us are still using XP ..and im one of them..:crybaby:..well i think it will take time to spread vista all over the world i guess..:)..lets just see whats next..
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I'm already using Vista....but I like XP better
forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I had a friend who's using Vista but reverted back to XP ^____^ I guess there's no rush to switch nweii so........ :penguin:
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

im the only one who uses xp among my friends.. :[
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

^ and what's the matter with that? imma XP user too. :lol:
Frazen
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I think its to early to stop producing XP. I mean do we have that powerful processors and hardware to make vista run fast and smooth? Even Quad Core processor still have bad performance w/ Vista and the fact that Vista is not yet that stable and have lots of compatible issue. why stop producing XP? Whats new w/ vista? only the interface right and some not to useful features like enhanced file manager and Media Center. I don't think interface can help make my task easier. I'd rather stick w/ the old school OS than a good new looking OS yet bad performance. maybe 2 more years is fine but this year is not really favorable for me.

Last edited by Frazen (2008-06-29 06:14:28)

Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ Even though I'm already using Vista, I agree with you. Honestly, Vista is not that much better than XP. =|
networkmancer
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

I prefer XP. Vista needs high specs. For me I like vista because only for its visual. Thats All. =D Thats why I prefer XP and download vista look. =D
the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

it will take much more time to spread and accept the vista over xp by the user right guys? and there are much more bugs to fix over the vista rather than the stable xp :D:thumbsup:
rainkid
» n00b
1969-12-31

why not use LINUX... instead of vista crap...
azher15
» FTalker
1969-12-31

..it will take time for VISTA to take in place in most of our computers. That is bcoz xp is prefered by many users in the world., just like [b]networkmancer[/b] wrote, high specs are needed in Vista.. so even Microsoft stops selling XP softwares.. still it will be prefered by users..
Psyanne
» FTalker
1969-12-31

no matter how i hate vista, sooner or later i will use it because of the DirectX 10 graphics…
xxlylexx
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

vista is ok... at first its like wtf because of the sudden changes.. makes the users who are used to xp confused... and of course its high specs limits its users to high end users... i using vista home premium right now.. and its as fast as xp... and i dont have any problems with it... :D i think the vista ultimate has the compatibility issues because its using a 64 bit platform...
imdemoprincess
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

I use XP my brother is using Vista. but i like vista more.
hanskytot
» FTalker
1969-12-31

XP rules..... XD
the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

vista is good especially in graphics but it needs a higher specs in pc right so for the xp users like me sooner or later we are obliged to update / change pc specs to match the requirements of vista. grrrr………………… :wallbash::wallbash:
Frazen
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=xxlylexx]vista is ok... at first its like wtf because of the sudden changes.. makes the users who are used to xp confused... and of course its high specs limits its users to high end users... i using vista home premium right now.. and its as fast as xp... and i dont have any problems with it... :D i think the vista ultimate has the compatibility issues because its using a 64 bit platform...[/quote] I dunno what spec of computer you've got there that makes you say Vista Home Premium's Performance as fast as XP's. My school is using Branded PC w/ Vista Basic sticker on it w/ a Core 2 duo processor but still it crawling like hell. I've tried installing all version of vista (no license) and all have same problem ( the only difference is the speed it boot up the computer) . I also tried running two heavy program at the same time but it only hangs up my computer. I'm a gamer and some games aren't running good w/ Vista (All version). especially games that requires low spec computers. and if your a big fan of freewares, you should be aware that some of the freewares aren't compatible w/ any vista version.

Last edited by Frazen (2008-07-05 00:41:16)

the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=Frazen]I dunno what spec of computer you've got there that makes you say Vista Home Premium's Performance as fast as XP's. My school is using Branded PC w/ Vista Basic sticker on it w/ a Core 2 duo processor but still it crawling like hell. I've tried installing all version of vista (no license) and all have same problem ( the only difference is the speed it boot up the computer) . I also tried running two heavy program at the same time but it only hangs up my computer. I'm a gamer and some games aren't running good w/ Vista (All version). especially games that requires low spec computers. and if your a big fan of freewares, you should be aware that some of the freewares aren't compatible w/ any vista version.[/quote] what the! im a fan of freewares, thats bad! if the freewares are not compatible with vista :crybaby:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » After delays, delays, and rumors of more delays, the era of Windows XP has finally reached its final hours. Microsoft has made it official: Monday, June 30 will be the last day Microsoft sells XP to t

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:17

[ 10 queries - 0.019 second ]
Privacy Policy