• ARCHIVES 
  • » I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

Pages: 12

I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

I know moderating the forum isn't that easy (since i've been there before). but what will happen to the forums if the moderators are concentrating on "eliminating or decreasing the number of inbox spammers" more than other moderating stuff? we know you guys aren't 24/7 always (probably it is a yes for some of you, but most moderators are also busy with other things) and we understand that. that is why we want to "somehow" lighten the heavy load you guys carry on your shoulders as moderators here. kuya eehjhay said [b]we shouldn't waste our time dealing with them[/b]. but we already wasted our time upon receiving that message alert pop up, clicking that "ok" button, then seeing that it was only a spam message (which we expect to be a more important one). FOR ME, that is already a waste of time. [spoiler]well, why not we have here something that filters spam? lol. just kidding :P[/spoiler] and about the overload thingy which kuya ephe mentioned, i trust admin that he could find a way for that. --- goodluck for the suggestion *peace sign*. :)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

Mee I will not ignore any nasty pm/s. I will show what they're looking at. It was fun anyway:)
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=aRies04991]that is why we want to "somehow" lighten the heavy load you guys carry on your shoulders as moderators here.[/quote] exactly. actually the iggy button is very effective, more effective than having moderators. so add that feature to moderators and that would equal more fun, less work, and more members' involvement. i am on another forum that also has a very big chat system. that website has way more members than this forum, yet it doesn't have moderators and operators; only one admin, and we use iggy button all the time. the admin enforces the rules, we only report the troublemaker. there's freedom of expression; if you cant take the heat, you go take a hike. if you dont want to take a hike and want to continue with the fun, press the iggy button and problem solved! if one member breaks a rule and continues to do so, members who wont press the iggy button will usually report to the admin, the troublemaker gets banned. btw, i dont mean to compare here, but yeah bigger websites that offer chat and bulletin board systems know the power of the iggy button. Our favorite friendster.com is one of 'em. the iggy button also prevents flaming. once one party is ignored, no flaming continues because you know, it takes two to tango. lol well eehjay always opposes my suggestions here. that's a fact. lol once the iggy button feature becames available here, i might just press the iggy button to ignore him. what would be an easier way than to just do that. :)
Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

whew hope this topic won't go somewhere else because of an [b]uncertain posts[/b] hahaha oh wow *facepalm* kinda agree with this one but as what jovito said it can make ftalk slower but the good side of this you won't be able to receive any annoying or mocking puny pm's from random members here i've experience that before so i understand what frolick feels and i get his point why he is suggesting this. it could be beneficial not only to him but to the rest also

Last edited by Shirow Masamune (2008-08-13 06:13:39)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

People must know first the root why other people send nasty pm's. Probably there is something wrong why they urged to send nasty pm's due to the fact that you offend them or something! Try to be good with others and see if they will send you nasty things! Iggy button is usedless if you show good things with others but I still agree with this suggestion because it's not 100% we can avoid nasty pm's. Well that's my point of view, simple but very effective:)
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I have to say that Ephe makes a valid point about maybe fixing all the "bugs" first so as to not slow down the loading any more. I myself, have never had any problems with the site running slow, but I do understand that a lot of other do, especially those who use the mostly poorly maintained computers in internet cafe's. It looks like most of the replies here favor this option, which I still think is a great idea. And to have 2 Mod's that kinda agree with it, and 1 retired Mod, too. I think that's a good sign. I also have to point out that I very much agree with what aRies04991 said. Just by clicking the "OK" button we have wasted our time if it's a nasty PM or just a spam message. =)
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

@frolickfriendster lol. Did you read the rest of my previous post? If you find some add-on/plugin/mod for this suggestion would be great. I tried to search for that mod but I couldn't find any. If you want to search for it, you can start in their forum http://punres.org or search it using http://www.google.com Then if you get tired searching for it, and others too, how can we even add it to this forum? I don't have any grudge or hatred on you. I give fair attention to any suggestions that members post here. If they can't give sufficient enough support to their suggestion, how can we approve it? You said that your other forum does that feature, can you please tell us that type of software does your forum use in order to have that kind of feature (mod)? Because if that is punbb, it will be easy to find that specific plugin/add-on/mod. We don't just request additional add-on for this forum from our admin, it will be easy if we help him even to just search for that add-on. [spoiler]Like when Yuna suggested a particular feature, I gave some links so it will be easy for our admin to do the requested feature. So after couple of days or weeks, he told us he will put that feature in Friendstertalk.[/spoiler]
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Hi Admin! How are you? If I made a suggestion, do I have to provide you with those plugin/.add-on/mod that a ****** is requiring me to do? Lemme know, ok? thanks. Sincerely, frolickfriendster
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: @threadstarter: I would close this thread first, since the suggestion is directed to Admin. We'll just wait for his reply in this thread. Also, to avoid irrelevant posts that may lead to flaming and/or arguments.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 07:59

[ 9 queries - 0.023 second ]
Privacy Policy