• ARCHIVES 
  • » I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

Pages: 12

I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances when members send nasty pms to others, but simply disabling the pm feature is not the solution for it will disallow pms from others including friends. just by simply using the iggy button, members would be able to get rid of other members who send nasty and offensive pms. nothing is more painful than to be ignored; curse or ban takes a lot of process and has to involve moderators. iggy is automatic, easy, simple, and accessible to all members. :cool:
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

[quote=frolickfriendster]or the forum itself.[/quote] then the mods will be useless then? but regarding the pms.. i think thats a good idea..
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

Yes I agree with you kuya eventhough I haven't experience receiving nasty pm's and whaw kuya your back:) Welcome back hehehe:)
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=regiehiozn][quote=frolickfriendster]or the forum itself.[/quote] then the mods will be useless then? but regarding the pms.. i think thats a good idea..[/quote] oh on the forum: not necessarily. blocking unwanted members will simply hide the posts of those unwanted blocked members in the forum. it doesnt mean that the moderator functions like deleting, moving posts or closing threads will be overridden. on the private messaging system: simply blocking or ignoring a member will prevent that member from sending you pms.

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2008-08-12 09:08:30)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=regiehiozn]then the mods will be useless then?[/quote] They can't moderate our inbox [sub][i](or can they?)[/i][/sub]. maybe he's pertaining to either lessen or prevent the spammy messages we receive in our inbox to make the forum cleaner in terms of it's members' accounts (well you see, a CLEAN community consists of CLEAN inhabitants). looks like i'm already offtopic. btw i hope that would be possible. my inbox is just like my YM. i always receive spam posts.

Last edited by aRies04991 (2008-08-12 08:33:46)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I'm just imagining how does it work?! Well nice suggestion actually:)
portuniecho
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

i agree with this one, [quote=regiehiozn]then the mods will be useless then?[/quote] its not like that, imagine, some members, PMing you just to annoy you, would you still report it to the mods, to take action on it instead of blocking them so that you wont receive their annoying messages? ., by this one, we can prevent those User by continuing spamming on our inbox rather than waiting for the mods to zap your report or PMing the moderator to take action on the situations.. ( not all the time , moderators are online ) . just like in Friendster. we have a block user function there, and it helps us a lot. so i think this one can help friendstertalk members too :)
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote=frolickfriendster]oh on the forum: not necessarily. blocking unwanted members will simply hide the posts of those unwanted blocked members in the forum. it doesnt mean that the moderator functions like deleting, moving posts or closing threads will be overridden. on the private messaging system: simply blocking or ignoring a member will prevent that member from sending you pms.[/quote] ahihi sorii people.. haha i misunderstood his post.. now i get it.. sorii for that.. :D NOW i AGREE.. :wow:
jheneko
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

actually i agree with this also... because sumtimes we need to prevent ourselves from other people.. :ninja: especially to inbox spammers,. and mods cant moderate and see our inbox so i think thats one way of preventing offensive members in abusing pm's =)
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

well lets just hope admin will read the suggestion and implement ignoring members and their pms and blocking posts of ignored members. :eh:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Yeah, I agree with this one too, although I have not experienced any nasty PM's just yet (though, I know some people who have), and I have not gotten any "spam" either. However, I'm sure one day I'm bound to experience it, so I think this is a really great idea. [b]@frolickfriendster[/b] Hmmm, I'm wondering if you're getting nasty PM's from that person I'm thinking it might be. :lol:
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=bhebhiej]@frolickfriendster Hmmm, I'm wondering if you're getting nasty PM's from that person I'm thinking it might be.[/quote] off-topic: yeah that person from the "what do you think of america" discussion thread. he went all the way to PM and cuss me =D
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Why need ignore pm function if you yourself can just ignore that member? If you receive any annoying, offensive and unnecessary pms to your inbox, just ignore them. Don't waste your time dealing with them. Like what I am doing. By dealing with those, you might waste your time, effort, and patience. By the use of ignore function, you might block/ignore certain member but what if that certain member has something further important message to you? Does he/she has to message the moderators first so that you can receive his/her message? I don't know why we the pms such a big deal to others. I couldn't be bothered to deal with those members (those who send nasty pms) who have nothing else to do with their lives. -- When suggesting a new feature to the forum, please give sufficient support like including a forum add-on/plugin/mod that can do the particular suggestion. Because if not, we have to search for ourselves that specific add-on/plugin/mod but not knowing there's no such thing as the requested suggestion yet.

Last edited by eehjhay (2008-08-12 18:02:56)

Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=frolickfriendster]off-topic: yeah that person from the "what do you think of america" discussion thread. he went all the way to PM and cuss me =D[/quote] Aww, sorry to hear that, bro. Yeah, I really kinda thought that. Well, just try to ignore them, if you can, and not worry to much about them. [b]@topic[/b] I still very much agree with this option. =)
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=bhebhiej]Aww, sorry to hear that, bro. Yeah, I really kinda thought that. Well, just try to ignore them, if you can, and not worry to much about them. @topic I still very much agree with this option.[/quote] to those who agree with me, thanks for supporting this suggestion. keep 'em coming. as soon as we get more support, I'll pm admin about this suggestion. :thumbsup:
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

This just my opinion anyway... The best ignore function is the [b]user[/b]. To tell you guys honestly I commonly receive annoying messages too. All I do is delete it and poof! Message ignored. Anyway I think this could be implemented so I kinda agree to the suggestion but, I think adding a new function may slow down the forum again. We all know Ftalk is always going down recently due to overload of viewers and loading. Adding a new function might add to the overload... Maybe this function can be added after all the site bugs are fixed. Hope you get my point...

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-08-12 22:34:57)

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

well at least agree si ephe and as always, he's pragmatic. :thumbsup: the good thing about the ignore button, is you can ignore the member forever. you dont have to delete and delete annoying, spamming, bad or makulit na messages from the ignored member. :penguin:

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2008-08-12 22:58:32)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^ What do you mean by your current signature? If you have something to say to me, do it privately. Otherwise we might remove your signature [b]forever[/b] since you don't use your signature properly. Ask yourself what is the meaning of forum signatures. -- About the suggestion, how can we (moderators) somewhat eliminate or decrease the number of inbox spammers if members will just put them in their ignore list? How can we take actions to those pm abusers if less members will report them to us? There are lots of forum problems that need more attention rather than adding additional features to this forum. What I am saying is, we have to prioritize more the other stuffs. But then, if this suggestion will be implemented, good on those people who can't handle those issues by their own.
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

off topic: oh yes sure i can change my signature. have you read it properly though? just making you sure you did and you understood. lol btw, i dont pm people. people pm me. like you did long ago. you even wrote me an email lol. and oh yes, true to your suggestion, i did ignore your pm and email lol. gotta change my siggy...

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2008-08-12 23:33:02)

jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

for me, "ignoring" (i.e. not reading at all) the PM's from any member which you suspect is a spammer is to "delete" the message right away from your inbox. it's just like "blocking" that particular member. don't read/open any PM from him/her, just delete it. now, if there will be an added option like "blocking" for PM's, it would be better.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I'd like to see an ignore/block a member button feature on this forum. its gonna be the members' own way of moderating either the private messaging system or the forum itself. there are instances wh

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:02

[ 11 queries - 0.049 second ]
Privacy Policy