• ARCHIVES 
  • » I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, ho

Pages: 12

I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, ho

jieduck
» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, ho

I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, hopping from one group to another, without even informing their former group mates or even their leaders. I understand that it is everyone's right to join in any group of their choice, provided they are qualified (especially in "private groups"). [u]My suggestion:[/u] [b]scenario A:[/b] - is it possible that the "leave group" button be only accessible to group leaders? - whenever a member wants to quit the group, he/she should PM the leader, informing him/her about leaving the group. [b]scenario B:[/b] - if a member wishes to press the "leave group" button, a prompt box will appear in which he/she will state the reason of quiting the group, and the message in that "reason box" will be directly sent to the inbox of the group leader. This is just my concern. Everybody's opinion, suggestion and addition to this suggestion is much welcome. God bless us all, Kuya Jie
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, ho

I want that [b]scenario b[/b]. one rule in our egroup is that one must PM the leader or the founder his/her reason why he/she will leave. but it looks like that was ignored by our former groupmates. so i'll support this suggestion. hope that can be implemented.
BwizetT
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, ho

[b]Your very right Indeed Executor.. I'm One step behind you as always..[/b] =) :thumbsup: [b]I'm Getting dizzy with the in's and out of other member, Like a bunch of kids playing around.. Letter B please...[/b] =| [b]Hope they'll stick to the one Group they know whats best for them...[/b] :eh:

Last edited by BwizetT (2008-08-18 09:21:19)

meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: Yes. i totally support this one (just like aries' point) and there are lots of members joining one group 'Just to know what goes around' and what happens inside the group.
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I agree with this suggestion as well. I like suggestion 'B'. Like aries said, in Rockstars, also, the rule is that if you leave our group you must PM the leader, however, it seems that rule is ignored most of the time. Good suggestion, bro Jie. I hope this will be implemented one day.
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

In Class-S, 2 members asked permission to be with other group/s for a period of time because they have close friends in that group. We allowed of course. I just don't know if the group that they transferred to knows that they are only joining them for a period of time. 1 wanted to join because he/she got a conflict with his/her co-members/members in his/her group but we did not accept him/her even if he/she is our friend. This happened once though. I wont mention names. This particular concern is addressed in our rules and agreement. Upon entering the group, our leader asks if he/she isn't joining just for the sake of knowing whats in our Thread. Anyway, I agree with the [b]Scenario B[/b] :thumbsup: This will definitely force the snoopers/travelers to ask permission first before leaving :lol:

Last edited by ducheszv (2008-08-18 10:16:58)

As cicatrizes
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

even though,i don't have an e-group., i humbly support kuya jie's statement.,the scenario b., that is to solve the issue on members who don't lay down their reasons for leaving a certain group.,xD i know the fellow members would feel about someone leaving their group., they would start thinking like "whoaa..what's wrong with our group?" so reasons are really important.,that way,the group could even improve thru those reasons.,xD like, the reason is.."oh, the discussion was boring to me always.,xD" s, the members could try to improve their group thru lively discussions. .,am i making a sense? :lol: well, i have said what is on my mind.,xD :D
eizarg
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

actually this issue is our problem in our group.. they joined and then after a days or week they leaved.. their reasons [b]NONE[/b].. so i'll support this one..
Angeli_7
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]This is a good suggestion Executor ^^ I prefer scenario B..It would really be helpful for all egroups if that feature would be implemented.. I agree with Sis Duch too that some members just join groups to snoop around and see what's going on and all that.. I've been patient about this issue and been keeping my opinions to myself regarding that...but lately i guess i just have to express my concerns about the whole thing...Members may have the right to leave and join any group of their choice but i guess we do have the right to be informed too.. :penguin:[/b]
imdemoprincess
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=jieduck]scenario B: - if a member wishes to press the "leave group" button, a prompt box will appear in which he/she will state the reason of quiting the group, and the message in that "reason box" will be directly sent to the inbox of the group leader.[/quote] i so agree on this because i too myself noticed that people around sometimes plays with that button. i.e for rockstars, some just join [only example!] for that animated u.bar with their names on it. which is a bad thing.. Totally Agree! I Second Demotion?!
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: ^ second the motion :D one of my reasons why i support this is because, by stating the reason why you leave the group, it can also help the group in a way, like you left because of some problems. if you inform them, at least they can find a way to improve the group.
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Both parties have a big point, I agree both of them:)
jheneko
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

well i agree also,. and i know what it feels liek when teh members of teh e-group just [i]come and go,.[/i] [i]errr....[/i] one day or another., i will just gonna found out myself,. that,. he/she already left,. [i]very sad[/i] :retard: but i dun blame them if they want to join others,. all i want is to be [i]informed properly,[/i]. so that not only me and that person knew that left teh group well also teh other groupmates,. i really agree on to this,.. =) especially on [b]scenario b[/b] :thumbsup:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

As I stated, I support option B. To add to this suggestion, also, maybe we could make it harder to join the eGroups, some kind of requirement that requires the member who wants to join to have to go out of his/her way to become a member, simply to see what kind of dedication they intend to give to their respective group. Example: Like, I for example, in an attempt to join the Peace Corps, I was required to write an essay describing why I wanted to join. This took some time, on my part, because I really wanted to join so I had to put a lot of thought and effort into my essay because I wanted it to come across as both professional and dedicated. I'm not saying we should require members to write an essay to gain membership to an eGroup, but something in that nature. Or, maybe requiring a member to write an essay would be a good idea? I don't know. Mostly, I was just using that as an example. What do you all think of that? And do you have any suggestions of your own? :arrow: Also, as I think I have raised a good point in reference to the troubles with eGroups (I hope :/ ), maybe we could rename this thread [i]so that it is not just for[/i] "leaving" a group. That's up to bro Jie, though. =)
maritagueco
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=jieduck]scenario B: - if a member wishes to press the "leave group" button, a prompt box will appear in which he/she will state the reason of quiting the group, and the message in that "reason box" will be directly sent to the inbox of the group leader.[/quote] [color=#FF33cc]Though i don't have a group here, i have my own group outside. and I do agree with kuya jie's idea. I certainly find other members who just join a group and taking them for granted, some join only because someone they know is inside the group, some just wanted to know what's inside the group, some join just as to say that they're a member of the group.[/color] [quote=bhebhiej]To add to this suggestion, also, maybe we could make it harder to join the eGroups, some kind of requirement that requires the member who wants to join to have to go out of his/her way to become a member, simply to see what kind of dedication they intend to give to their respective group.[/quote] [color=#FF33cc] I totally agree with you here jesse, "a thing that was gotten with hardship are the things are so hard to loose". I just thought that if a member exerted a lot of effort before he was accepted into a group, and did what he was asked to do to be accepted,then I guess he really is determined to join the group..[/color]
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Thanks for everyone who expressed their opinions and views concerning this suggestion. Until now, I really dont have any idea if this suggestion has been acceptable or not. Hope it will...
Jirichi Ryunashira
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I prefer Scenario B than A. A prompt-box will appear when member click the Leave Button. And member will give his/her reason why he/she left the group. So other members won't be shocked. ;_; And oh.. it'll be good also when members want to join a Private group, a prompt-box will appear, just like what I saw on other forum, if you want to join a group, you have to give clear reason on a small box then wait for approval. Leaders can see the pending approval requests' with their reason and discuss with other members about them. I'll try to tell admin about this suggestion if it's possible or not. :penguin:

Last edited by Jirichi Ryunashira (2008-09-22 18:28:51)

nina123456
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

i like teh scenario "B".. coz i think not all group leaders, are always active.. or always online.. so what if a member wants to quit so badly,, he/she needs to wait for teh group leader to access teh leave button (which is in scenario A) . i like scenario B :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by nina123456 (2008-09-22 18:34:06)

kristina16
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

the scenario b is better for me... =):thumbsup: i agree with all of yah... i hope admin would consider this too...
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

i totally support scenario b.. that will make sure the leader will know where their members are going.. :D hoping this would be implemented :thumbsup:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I have noticed that it is very "easy" for any member of a certain group to "quit", i.e. by simply pressing the "leave group" button. It looks like that some of the members are just playing around, ho

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:07

[ 10 queries - 0.027 second ]
Privacy Policy